Tonight’s episode of WWE NXT is presented from the WWE Capitol Wrestling Center in Orlando, Florida.
Follow along here for results of all the matches and noteworthy moments and keep refreshing for updates. Be sure to chat it up in the comments below and tell us your thoughts while watching this episode!
- Tommaso Ciampa kicked off the episode with a promo in the ring alongside some of the newer members of the roster, talking about how he’s missed being champion, how the new crop of Superstars are talented and how the passionate NXT fans are the reason why he gets to do what he does. With him holding the title, NXT is now the A-show. Together, we are NXT. Cameron Grimes came out, followed by LA Knight, Pete Dunne and Ridge Holland. A brawl broke out as some more members of the roster jumped in like The Grizzled Young Veterans and Duke Hudson. The final two in the ring were Bron Breakker and Tommaso Ciampa, who challenged Dunne and Holland to a tag team match for later.
- Backstage in the locker room area, Kay Lee Ray and Elektra Lopez were fighting with B-Fab and Amari Miller.
- NXT Cruiserweight Championship Match: Roderick Strong defeated Kushida (c) by pinfall to win the title! Grayson Waller then came out to challenge Strong to a title match for next week, which Malcolm Bivens eventually accepted on Strong’s behalf.
- Vignette: Tony D’Angelo spoke about how the two things he takes seriously are business and family, but he’s added a third one to the list, which is his success in WWE.
- Vignette: Brooks Jensen and Josh Briggs explained how they became a tag team after fighting with each other at a bar.
- Kay Lee Ray defeated Amari Miller by pinfall.
- Earlier today, Xyon Quinn was flirting with two women in the parking lot. He held the door open for them and Guru Raaj tried to walk in front, saying chivalry is dead. Quinn then slammed Raaj’s face into the door.
- Dante Chen defeated Trey Baxter by pinfall.
- Andre Chase teaches some lessons through “Andre Chase University” about how Odyssey Jones came up short in the final of the NXT Breakout Tournament. An extra named Steve points out that Jones beat Chase, which makes Chase flip out.
- Joe Gacy cut a promo about wanting to make NXT a safe space and how he’s the guy to do it. This led into his match with Cameron Grimes, which Grimes won by pinfall.
- Vignette: A spotlight was put on Von Wagner, who’s journey is just beginning.
- Elektra Lopez defeated Anna Scheer by pinfall. After the match, Santos Escobar touted how Lopez completes Legado del Fantasma. Lopez said this was just a taste of what she’s going to do to B-Fab. B-Fab then jumped Lopez from behind until Legado del Fantasma and Hit Row separated them.
- Cora Jade gave Trey Baxter a kiss backstage and told him to cheer up.
- Raquel Gonzalez bumped into Franky Monet backstage. Their title match will take place next week. Lash Legend then came over to say that isn’t as big as the debut of her talk show, Lashin’ Out with Lash Legend.
- Odyssey Jones defeated Cary Millman and Darren Chiappetta by pinfall. After the match, Andre Chase hit Jones with a chair, but it broke. Chase then backed away.
- Backstage, Carmelo Hayes and Trick Williams said they’d congratulate Grayson Waller on his title match next week, but they wouldn’t mean it. Even if he won the title, he could lose it the same night to Hayes. He’s keeping his options open. Toxic Attraction then walked by and Hayes and Williams gawked at them.
- Vignette: Ikemen Jiro explained his “style strong” and showed off his jackets and such.
- Toxic Attraction addressed the NXT Universe. Mandy Rose came to NXT to be a gift and a golden goddess to the brand—someone the fans could never be with, but love to look at. Then, when her face was “batteredly and beaten”, nobody did anything but ridicule her. Toxic Attraction is going to take over. Mandy’s experience gives Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne purpose and direction. If you think they’re just pretty faces in a crowd and they’d sit in the back and wait for an opportunity, you’ve got another thing coming. What they want is the NXT Women’s Tag Team Championships, so Zoey Stark and Io Shirai have an ass kicking waiting for them. Backstage, Shirai said she doesn’t like them, so they’re on. Stark pointed out that this should be a conversation they have together and not just something Io makes a call on. Persia Pirotta then said she and Indi Hartwell are looking at those titles, too.
- Bron Breakker and Tommaso Ciampa defeated Pete Dunne and Ridge Holland by pinfall.
What did you think of this episode of NXT? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section below!
If using any of the above content, please credit the author with a h/t to ewrestlingnews.com