Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- The show started with Dolph Ziggler (and eventually, Drew McIntyre) on MVP’s VIP Lounge. McIntyre told Ziggler he would torture him at Extreme Rules and laid him out.
- Angel Garza and Andrade beat The Viking Raiders in an elimination tag team match with Garza as the sole winner.
- Ruby Riott and Bianca Belair beat The IIconics by pinfall.
- Shayna Baszler returned and attacked Akira Tozawa’s ninjas before cutting a promo about how she’s back to give everyone a dose of reality.
- Aleister Black beat Murphy by disqualification due to Seth Rollins’ interference. Then, Kevin Owens beat Rollins by pinfall.
- Randy Orton beat R-Truth by pinfall and challenged Big Show to an unsanctioned match for next week.
- Bobby Lashley beat Ricochet by submission, then locked the Full Nelson on Cedric Alexander post-match, too.
- The Golden Role Models retained the Women’s Tag Team Championships over The Kabuki Warriors by submission.
- Keith Lee kicked off the show talking about his status as double champion, how he got there, his coach’s inspiration and guidance and so on. He then invited Dominik Dijakovic to the ring and offered him a title shot out of respect for having pushed him to his limits in the past.
- Damian Priest defeated Cameron Grimes by pinfall.
- Indi Hartwell defeated Shotzi Blackheart by pinfall.
- Keith Lee defeated Dominik Dijakovic by pinfall to retain the NXT and North American Championships
- Karrion Kross attacked Dijakovic backstage after the match.
- Timothy Thatcher defeated Denzel Dejournette by submission.
- Io Shirai defeated Tegan Nox by pinfall to retain the NXT Women’s Championship. Dakota Kai attacked Shirai in the closing seconds of the show.
- Shayna Baszler defeated Jessi Kamea by pinfall
- Riddick Moss defeated Humberto Carrillo by pinfall
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Cesaro beat Big E by pinfall.
- After what was basically a waste of time with A Moment of Bliss, Bayley and Sasha Banks beat Nikki Cross and Asuka by pinfall.
- Bray Wyatt cut a promo in the swamp to hype up his match for this Sunday.
- Braun Strowman squashed John Morrison by pinfall.
- Lacey Evans defeated Naomi by pinfall.
- Sheamus attacked Jeff Hardy while he was being interviewed. It seems the bar fight is happening next week on SmackDown instead of at Extreme Rules.
- AJ Styles retained the Intercontinental Championship over Matt Riddle by pinfall. Then, King Corbin attacked Riddle from behind after Styles shook Riddle’s hand.
- Mansoor defeated Tehuti Miles by pinfall
- Tony Nese defeated Chase Parker by pinfall.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!