Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- The show started with a promo from Drew McIntyre, who challenged Randy Orton to make their match at Clash of Champions an Ambulance Match. Adam Pearce came out to say if Keith Lee beats him tonight and if Orton can’t compete at COC, it’ll be Lee vs. McIntyre for the title instead.
- In a Champions vs Champions match, The Street Profits beat Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura by pinfall
- Cedric Alexander beat Ricochet by pinfall.
- Asuka retained the Raw Women’s Championship over Mickie James by referee stoppage, rather than submission. Mickie didn’t tap out, but the referee deemed her unable to continue. Zelina Vega then came out to call Asuka an ingrate and slap her.
- Bobby Lashley defeated Erik by submission.
- Seth Rollins defeated Dominik Mysterio in a steel cage match by pinfall. Post-match, Rollins beat down on Murphy for disobeying his order of staying in the back. Rey’s daughter checked up on Murphy for a split second, possibly hinting at a romance angle to come.
- Raw Underground: Dolph Ziggler won a fight, then fought with Riddick Moss until Braun Strowman wrecked them both. Later, Strowman also took out Titus O’Neil.
- Keith Lee and Drew McIntyre fought backstage.
- Kevin Owens defeated Aleister Black by pinfall
- The Riott Squad defeated Natalya and Lana by pinfall
- Keith Lee vs Drew McIntyre went to a no-contest as Retribution attacked them. The Hurt Business then came out to fight them off.
- Io Shirai defeated Shotzi Blackheart by pinfall.
- Tommaso Ciampa defeated Desmond Troy by pinfall.
- Kushida defeated Austin Theory by submission.
- NXT Tag Team Championship Match: Breezango (c) defeated Imperium by pinfall.
- Kacy Catanzaro and Kayden Carter defeated Jessi Kamea and Xia Li by pinfall.
- Killian Dain and Drake Maverick defeated Bobby Fish and Roderick Strong by disqualification
- Jake Atlas was attacked by Tommaso Ciampa in the parking lot until Kyle O’Reilly helped break it up.
- William Regal announced that Finn Balor’s opponent for TakeOver will be the winner of a new match called the Gauntlet Eliminator. It will consist of five competitors where two men start and a new entrant comes in every 4 minutes. Eliminations are only by pinfall or submission and the last man standing wins the title shot.
- Damian Priest retained the North American Championship over Timothy Thatcher by pinfall.
- Bianca Belair defeated Billie Kay by pinfall
- Mustafa Ali defeated Humberto Carrillo by pinfall.
- Sid Scala opened the show and was immediately interrupted by Ilja Dragunov, who has felt like he’s been caged and wants to fight. Noam Dar came out to talk some trash and got himself a match for later.
- Gallus defeated Amir Jordan and Kenny Williams by pinfall to retain the NXT UK Tag Team Championship
- Saxon Huxley had a brief vignette about how he’ll fight WALTER next week.
- Kay Lee Ray cut a promo on her title match next week against Piper Niven, who came out to speak her mind, too, about how many times she’s beaten KLR in the past. They almost fought, but KLR retreated.
- Aoife Valkyrie defeated Isla Dawn by pinfall.
- Next week, Pete Dunne will draw the matches for the NXT UK Heritage Cup Tournament.
- Ilja Dragunov defeated Noam Dar by pinfall.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- The Miz and John Morrison started with a Dirt Sheet, speaking about Mandy Rose being traded to Raw. Otis came out ready for a fight and took them out with some help from Tucker.
- Cesaro defeated Gran Metalik by pinfall.
- Matt Riddle showed off how the word “bro” can be used for every situation.
- Alexa Bliss had Nikki Cross on an edition of A Moment of Bliss. She asked her about how she’ll somehow beat Bayley for the title after losing so many times. Cross is confident she has what it takes to win. Lacey Evans interrupted to say Nikki is too nice and weak with no backbone so she’ll never beat Bayley. Then, Cross beat Evans by pinfall.
- Sasha Banks spoke about Bayley’s attack and said she’s now coming for her SmackDown Women’s Championship. Bayley attacked her again from behind.
- AJ Styles defeated Sami Zayn by pinfall. Jeff Hardy attacked both of them afterward and challenged them both to a triple threat ladder match at Clash of Champions.
- The Miz and John Morrison are suing Otis for his attack earlier. He has one week to forfeit the Money in the Bank contract or they’re taking him to court.
- Big E attacked Sheamus backstage, who ran off. Then, Big E attacked the security guard who set him up with the ambush from Sheamus the other week.
- Samoan Street Fight: Roman Reigns and Jey Uso defeated Sheamus and King Corbin by pinfall.
- Ariya Daivari defeated three jobbers by pinfall.
- Tony Nese defeated Danny Burch by pinfall.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!