Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- RETRIBUTION kicked off the show with a promo The Hurt Business interrupted. Everyone fought and RETRIBUTION stood tall.
- Andrade and Angel Garza beat Dominik Mysterio & Humberto Carrillo and Seth Rollins & Murphy to earn a title shot for Clash of Champions.
- Shane McMahon was on The Kevin Owens Show. Owens brought out Dabba-Kato and then Braun Strowman, before Aleister Black attacked KO from behind.
- Randy Orton interrupted the match between Keith Lee and Drew McIntyre, causing McIntyre to win by disqualification. Orton took them both out.
- Zelina Vega beat Mickie James to earn a title shot against Asuka.
- R-Truth almost lost the 24/7 Championship belt in the ocean, but it washed back toward him.
- Apollo Crews beat Cedric Alexander by pinfall.
- Raw Underground: Dolph Ziggler beat Arturo Ruas with a sleeper hold.
- Seth Rollins implied with a paternity test that Aalyah isn’t Rey Mysterio’s daughter.
- Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler defeated Natalya and Lana by submission.
- Raw Underground: Riddick Moss beat Erik
- Asuka defeated Peyton Royce by DQ as Zelina Vega interfered.
- Backstage, Murphy apologized to Aalyah for all of this getting out of hand.
- Raw Underground: Braun Strowman beat Dabba-Kato.
- RETRIBUTION’s Slapjack, T-Bar and Mace vs The Hurt Business ended in a DQ. Drew McIntyre came out with some of the Raw roster to fight off some RETRIBUTION people and then, Orton took out McIntyre with an RKO.
- Candice LeRae won the NXT Women’s Championship No. 1 Contender’s Battle Royal and will face Io Shirai at TakeOver on October 4th.
- Tommaso Ciampa defeated Jake Atlas by pinfall.
- Roderick Strong and Danny Burch defeated Fabian Aichner and Raul Mendoza by pinfall.
- Damian Priest defeated Austin Theory by pinfall
- Ridge Holland defeated Antonio de Luca by pinfall.
- Kyle O’Reilly won the Gauntlet Eliminator Match and will fight Finn Balor at TakeOver.
- Bianca Belair defeated Liv Morgan by pinfall
- Ricochet defeated Mustafa Ali by pinfall.
- WALTER defeated Saxon Huxley by pinfall.
- Pete Dunne drew the matches for the NXT UK Heritage Cup Tournament bracket. The first round will be Joseph Conners vs Dave Mastiff, the wildcard against Trent Seven, Flash Morgan Webster against A-Kid, and Alexander Wolfe vs Noam Dar. Dar tried to hit Wolfe but was caught by Dunne, who snapped his finger and tossed him out of the ring.
- Pretty Deadly defeated The Hunt by pinfall.
- Kay Lee Ray retained the NXT UK Women’s Championship over Piper Niven by pinfall.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Sami Zayn beat AJ Styles and Jeff Hardy in a triple threat match by pinfall over Hardy.
- Bayley cut a promo about Clash of Champions, Nikki Cross and Sasha Banks.
- Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Gran Metalik by pinfall
- Jey Uso cut a promo asking Roman Reigns what’s up with the look he gave him last week, but he didn’t get much of a response.
- King Corbin defeated Matt Riddle by pinfall
- Lacey Evans defeated Alexa Bliss by disqualification.
- Roman Reigns told Jey Uso he’d give him the title if he could, but Jey wouldn’t know what to do with it. He doesn’t understand the responsibility and pressure of that role, because he’s a twin. He’s always been part of a duo and the family is so proud of him as a great tag team champion. The family depends on Roman, though, to be the breadwinner. Jey said he’ll beat him at Clash of Champions and turn that story around. Roman then blasted him with a Superman Punch and said he feeds everyone’s families with that title and Jey’s never going to take the title or take his place at the head of the table.
- Mansoor defeated Ashante “Thee” Adonis by pinfall
- Isaiah “Swerve” Scott defeated Ariya Daivari by pinfall
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!