Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Randy Orton was backstage talking about how he attacked the legends last week. He wants to fight Drew McIntyre inside Hell in a Cell. McIntyre came into the room and attacked him until they were broken up and Orton retreated.
- Asuka, Dana Brooke and Mandy Rose beat Lana, Natalya and Zelina Vega by pinfall. Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler took out Nattie and Lana post-match.
- Drew Gulak won the 24/7 title from R-Truth.
- Seth Rollins and Murphy beat Dominik Mysterio and Humberto Carrillo by pinfall
- Kevin Owens and Bray Wyatt talked to each other on their respective shows and Aleister Black attacked KO to end that segment.
- Braun Strowman and Keith Lee fought to a double count-out.
- R-Truth won the 24/7 title back from Drew Gulak.
- The Hurt Business (Bobby Lashley and Shelton Benjamin) defeated Apollo Crews and Ricochet by submission
- Murphy and Seth Rollins fought with each other after Murphy refused to apologize. Rollins end up winning the fight. Aalyah came out to tend to Murphy and the rest of the Mysterios then took Aalyah away while Murphy was still in the ring.
- Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler retained the women’s tag titles over The Riott Squad by submission.
- Mustafa Ali vs MVP led to RETRIBUTION coming out and Ali revealing he’s their leader as they all attacked The Hurt Business.
- Randy Orton, Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode defeated Drew McIntyre and The Street Profits by pinfall
- Tommaso Ciampa defeated Kushida by disqualification when Velveteen Dream interfered and tried to hit Kushida, but struck Ciampa instead when Kushida moved out of the way.
- Ember Moon cut a promo about coming back and how she wants a title shot. Rhea Ripley came out, but was immediately attacked by Raquel Gonzalez and Dakota Kai. William Regal helped break them up and booked a tag team match for later.
- Earlier today, Drake Maverick got himself and Killian Dain booked in a match against Ever-Rise for later, which only upset Dain.
- Io Shirai told McKenzie Mitchell that the stuff with Ember Moon and Rhea Ripley isn’t her problem.
- Adam Cole and The Undisputed ERA are going to get revenge on Ridge Holland for his attack on Cole at TakeOver.
- Drake Maverick and Killian Dain defeated Ever-Rise by pinfall.
- Indi Hartwell sent the Garganos a new TV to replace their broken one.
- Austin Theory defeated Leon Ruff by pinfall.
- After the match, Dexter Lumis came out and a second match for Theory started. Lumis beat Theory by submission and then was immediately attacked by Cameron Grimes.
- Ridge Holland defeated Danny Burch by pinfall. After the match, Holland and Burch kept fighting. Oney Lorcan came out to help Burch and it seems Holland might have gotten injured in the scuffle.
- There was a USB along with the TV that Indi Hartwell sent the Garganos. On it, it shows how many times Indi saved Candice in the battle royal.
- Shotzi Blackheart defeated Xia Li by pinfall. After the match, Boa handed a letter of sorts to Xia Li.
- Rhea Ripley and Ember Moon defeated Dakota Kai and Raquel Gonzalez by pinfall
- Peyton Royce defeated Billie Kay by pinfall
- Andrade defeated Akira Tozawa by pinfall
- Xia Brookside and Dani Luna beat Amale and Nina Samuels by pinfall.
- Next week, Ilja Dragunov and Pete Dunne will face Alexander Wolfe and WALTER.
- Saxon Huxley beat Jack Starz by pinfall.
- A-Kid beat Flash Morgan Webster in an opening round NXT UK Heritage Cup Tournament match with a 2-1 score. Later, it was shown that someone attacked Webster backstage after the match.
- Kay Lee Ray had her “State of the Union” address, which resulted in the entire women’s division all fighting with one another.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Falls Count Anywhere Match: Big E defeated Sheamus by pinfall.
- Jey Uso will fight Roman Reigns inside Hell in a Cell, but it’s also going to be an I Quit match.
- Jeff Hardy and Matt Riddle beat The Miz and John Morrison by pinfall. Then, everyone was taken out by Lars Sullivan, who will be added to Monday’s draft pool.
- Bayley lost to Sasha Banks by disqualification, so she retained the SmackDown Women’s Championship from the champion’s advantage.
- The New Day’s Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods defeated Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura by pinfall to win the SmackDown Tag Team Championships!
- Otis was set to defend his Money in the Bank contract in court, but The Miz and John Morrison had it delayed (ie, WWE was timing out the show and realized they were screwed and overbooked it, so they came up with this as an excuse not to do it).
- The Fiend beat Kevin Owens by pinfall.
- Jake Atlas beat Ariya Daivari by DQ as Tony Nese interfered.
- Ashante “Thee” Adonis defeated The Brian Kendrick by pinfall
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!