Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Randy Orton started the show with a promo that Drew McIntyre interrupted. The two ended up fighting with each other and McIntyre came out the winner of the scuffle.
- No DQ Match: Kevin Owens beat Aleister Black by pinfall.
- The Miz and John Morrison had Dana Brooke and Mandy Rose on, talking about the draft. Lana and Natalya interrupted to talk some trash and the two teams started fighting with Brooke and Rose standing tall. Then, Lars Sullivan came out and attacked Miz and Morrison. The Miz escaped and watched Morrison get destroyed.
- Adam Pearce oversaw The New Day and The Street Profits trading belts. Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode said they were owed a match with the Raw tag team champions, no matter who they are.
- Seth Rollins cut a promo about leaving Raw. Jeff Hardy interrupted, followed by AJ Styles. That led to a triple threat that Styles won by pinning Hardy, who had been struck with a guitar by Elias.
- Dana Brooke and Mandy Rose beat Lana and Natalya by pinfall. After the match, Nattie called Lana stupid and said their partnership isn’t working out anymore and she’s done with her.
- Angel Garza beat Andrade by pinfall. Zelina Vega tended to Andrade after the match and then, Bray Wyatt and Alexa Bliss laid out Andrade and Vega with Sister Abigails.
- The New Day beat Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode by pinfall to retain the Raw Tag Team Championship.
- Ricochet beat Cedric Alexander by disqualification when he pretended as though Alexander hit him with a chair and convinced the referee to make that call.
- Lana won a battle royal to earn a title shot against Asuka.
- No. 1 Contender’s Match: The Undisputed ERA defeated The Brit-Am Brawlers by pinfall.
- A video package hyped Ember Moon and talked about her road to recovery.
- Jake Atlas defeated Ashante “Thee” Adonis by pinfall. Following the match, Legado del Fantasma attacked both Atlas and Adonis, but Isaiah “Swerve” Scott came out to help run them off with some steel chairs.
- Johnny Gargano defeated Austin Theory by pinfall
- No. 1 Contender’s Match: Candice LeRae defeated Shotzi Blackheart to earn a shot against Io Shirai in two weeks at Halloween Havoc. LeRae used brass knuckles to get the win and handed them to Indi Hartwell after the match.
- Toni Storm defeated Aliyah by pinfall.
- Xia Li and Boa approached William Regal backstage to beg for a match so she can turn things around.
- Imperium defeated Drake Maverick and Killian Dain by pinfall.
- North American Championship Match: Damian Priest defeated Dexter Lumis by pinfall. Cameron Grimes interfered and stomped Lumis unbeknownst to Priest.
- Titus O’Neil defeated Drew Gulak by pinfall
- Humberto Carrillo defeated Akira Tozawa by pinfall
- NXT UK Heritage Cup Tournament Match: Dave Mastiff defeated Joseph Conners by knockout
- Piper Niven defeated Isla Dawn by pinfall.
- Ilja Dragunov and Pete Dunne defeated Alexander Wolfe and WALTER by pinfall.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Triple H and Stephanie McMahon started the show running down the card and hyping it up. A bunch of superstars on the ramp started a brawl that led into the Jeff Hardy and Lars Sullivan match. Sullivan beat Hardy by pinfall.
- The New Day cut a promo about their send-off and how special this group is, how much they mean to each other and so on. Then, The New Day beat Cesaro, Sheamus and Shinsuke Nakamura by pinfall.
- Seth Rollins interrupted Daniel Bryan’s promo and they came to blows. Rey and Dominik Mysterio came out, ready to fight Rollins, too. Then, Murphy went after Rollins. Afterward, Murphy offered his hand to Rey and Dominik, but they walked off.
- The Street Profits vs Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode was thrown out by the referee when both teams kept fighting and ignored her count.
- Bayley and Sasha Banks had a contract signing for their Hell in a Cell match. While Sasha signed, Bayley didn’t.
- Roman Reigns beat Braun Strowman by submission to retain the Universal Championship.
- Ariya Daivari defeated Anthony Greene by pinfall. Then, he lost to Curt Stallion by DQ due to interference by Tony Nese laying Stallion out.
- Isaiah “Swerve” Scott defeated The Brian Kendrick by pinfall
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!