Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- After an intro with Alexa Bliss and The Fiend, who were almost attacked by RETRIBUTION, The Hurt Business beat RETRIBUTION by submission. After the match, Bray Wyatt attacked RETRIBUTION while The Hurt Business stood on the ramp.
- Big Jordan Omogbehin is now an enforcer for AJ Styles. Styles defeated Matt Riddle by pinfall.
- Asuka retained the Raw Women’s Championship over Lana by submission. After the match, Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler attacked Asuka and then put Lana through the commentary table again (for the fifth time!)
- Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler won a Fatal 4-Way match featuring the teams of Dana Brooke and Mandy Rose, Lacey Evans and Peyton Royce, and The Riott Squad. Evans took the pin from Jax.
- Elias held a live concert to promote his new album. Jeff Hardy swung a guitar at Elias, but missed. Elias then challenged Hardy to a match at Hell in a Cell.
- Kofi Kingston beat Sheamus by pinfall.
- Titus O’Neil went up to The Hurt Business backstage and asked to join. Instead of allowing him into the group, they beat him down.
- El Grand Gordo (Otis in a luchador mask) and Tucker beat The Miz and John Morrison by pinfall.
- Braun Strowman beat Keith Lee by pinfall due to a low blow.
- Randy Orton had the Hell in a Cell lowered and cut a promo. Drew McIntyre came out and opened the door with bolt cutters and was ready to fight when the show went off the air.
- Kushida defeated Velveteen Dream and Tommaso Ciampa by pinfall.
- Ember Moon defeated Jessi Kamea by submission. Moon was attacked by Dakota Kai after the match.
- Someone attacked Bobby Fish backstage. He didn’t see who did it. Later, McKenzie Mitchell said he was sent to a hospital for an MRI and Kyle O’Reilly would take his place in the scheduled tag title match.
- Bronson Reed defeated Austin Theory by pinfall twice in a row.
- Six-Man Tag Team Match: Legado del Fantasma defeated Ashante “Thee” Adonis, Isaiah “Swerve” Scott and Jake Atlas by pinfall.
- Ever-Rise defeated Drake Maverick and Killian Dain by disqualification due to Maverick using a steel chair. Dain was super happy about it, though, as he considered it bad ass. That was, until the happy-go-lucky song started playing.
- Roderick Strong was also attacked backstage. Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan said The Undisputed ERA beat them fair and square and offered to let Kyle O’Reilly pick one of them to be his tag team partner, but he decided to go to the hospital instead. William Regal announced Burch and Lorcan would get the tag title shot, then.
- Kacy Catanzaro defeated Xia Li by pinfall. After the match, Li went after Catanzaro in frustration. Kayden Carter tried to help, but was pushed off. Then, Raquel Gonzalez entered the ring and beat down all three of them to send a message to Rhea Ripley.
- McKenzie Mitchell spoke to Cameron Grimes about how he’s fighting Dexter Lumis in a Haunted House of Terror match next week.
- After Anthony Greene fought back during Timothy Thatcher’s submission demonstration, Thatcher called for a referee and beat Greene by submission in an impromptu match.
- Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan defeated Breezango by pinfall to win the NXT Tag Team Championship titles with some help from Pat McAfee, who revealed himself as The Undisputed ERA’s attacker!
- Ricochet defeated Gran Metalik by pinfall.
- Angel Garza defeated Humberto Carrillo by pinfall.
- Eddie Dennis defeated Oliver Carter by pinfall.
- Joe Coffey will be returning soon.
- Next week, NXT UK will be at 4pm instead of 3pm. Also, Jordan Devlin will make his return.
- Nina Samuels defeated Amale by pinfall. After the match, Samuels said she’s got Piper Niven in her sights.
- Next week, Flash Morgan Webster and Mark Andrews will confront Eddie Dennis.
- Trent Seven defeated Kenny Williams with a 2-1 score to advance to the next round of the NXT UK Heritage Cup Tournament. He will face Dave Mastiff in the semi-finals.
- Next week, WALTER will defend the NXT UK Championship against Ilja Dragunov, so they had a contract signing.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Daniel Bryan was on The Kevin Owens Show. KO suggested they form a tag team. Out came Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode, then The Street Profits, then Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura. A 4-on-4 brawl started and set up an eight-man tag team match after the commercial break. Bryan, Owens and The Street Profits defeated Roode, Ziggler, Cesaro and Nakamura by pinfall. They celebrated after the match and Sami Zayn told Bryan to keep his name out of his mouth and that he doesn’t agree with him about how the IC title should be defended every week.
- Bianca Belair defeated Zelina Vega by pinfall.
- Lars Sullivan defeated Shorty G by pinfall. After the match, Shorty G told Kayla Braxton he quit. Later, he talked to Adam Pearce and explained that he’s quitting being Shorty G and telling people they can do whatever they want to achieve. Only one man can do that, and his name is Chad Gable.
- Sasha Banks forced Bayley to sign the contract for their upcoming match at Hell in a Cell that was already announced, yet here we are at 9 o’clock on Friday night and are still stuck at 4 matches for the event.
- Law & Otis: After an odd trial featuring Ron Simmons, Teddy Long and JBL (as the judge), The Miz paid off JBL to rule in his favor. Otis will face The Miz at Hell in a Cell with the Money in the Bank briefcase on the line.
- Seth Rollins defeated Murphy by pinfall. Aalyah went to the ring to help Murphy out. Dominik and Rey followed her to keep her safe.
- Jimmy and Jey Uso set up a ruse that allowed Jey to jump Roman Reigns from behind. Roman then revealed that if he wins their match at Hell in a Cell, Jey will have to fall in line, take orders, acknowledge and respect him. If he doesn’t, then both The Usos, their families, their children and everyone is out of the family. Reigns and everyone else will turn their backs on The Usos.
- Mansoor defeated The Brian Kendrick by pinfall.
- Tony Nese defeated Curt Stallion by pinfall.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!