Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Drew McIntyre started the show with a promo that The Miz and John Morrison interrupted. McIntyre took them both out after they were talking trash about the Money in the Bank and McIntyre dropping the WWE Championship.
- AJ Styles beat Jeff Hardy by pinfall to earn a spot on Team Raw for Survivor Series.
- Lucha House Party defeated Akira Tozawa and Drew Gulak by pinfall.
- Bray Wyatt had another Firefly Fun House with Alexa Bliss serving arsenic tea to Rambling Rabbit, who survived, but Wyatt decided to beat to death anyway.
- Keith Lee beat Elias by pinfall to earn a spot on Team Raw for Survivor Series.
- The Hurt Business beat RETRIBUTION in an elimination match, last by Mustafa Ali getting himself disqualified by using a steel chair and then running off like a coward.
- Drew McIntyre defeated The Miz by pinfall.
- Raw’s women’s Survivor Series team is Nia Jax, Shayna Baszler, Dana Brooke and Mandy Rose. The final member is Lana, who won a Fatal 4-Way match to earn her spot (the other members of that match were Peyton Royce, Lacey Evans and Nikki Cross). Jax put Lana through the commentary table after the match.
- Sheamus beat Matt Riddle by pinfall to earn a spot on Team Raw.
- Randy Orton was on A Moment of Bliss. Drew McIntyre interrupted and started a fight while The Fiend watched on.
NXT HALLOWEEN HAVOC
- Devil’s Playground Match for the NXT North American Championship: Johnny Gargano defeated Damian Priest to win the title by pinfall!
- Pat McAfee (accompanied by Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch) cut a promo about how he had hired Ridge Holland to take out The Undisputed ERA. Then, when Holland got injured, he hired Burch and Lorcan to carry on with the mission. Kyle O’Reilly came out with a steel chair, followed by Pete Dunne with his own. However, Dunne turned on O’Reilly and joined McAfee’s group as that had been a setup from the start that McAfee planned ahead for.
- Santos Escobar defeated Jake Atlas by pinfall.
- The Haunted House of Terror Match between Cameron Grimes and Dexter Lumis was similar to the Wyatt Swamp Fight as a cinematic match featuring zombies and such. To be continued.
- Rhea Ripley defeated Raquel Gonzalez by pinfall.
- Drake Maverick was dressed as Hulk Hogan and set up a reenactment of Andre the Giant and The Yeti. He wanted Killian Dain to be Shockmaster, but Dain didn’t want to fall down, so Maverick put the helmet on and tripped.
- Back to the Haunted House of Terror Match. Cameron Grimes made his way to the ring. Dexter Lumis took him out by submission for the win.
- Tommaso Ciampa cut a promo backstage about the new crop of talent in NXT upsetting him as they’re entitled. He called Velveteen Dream a dead man.
- TLS (Tables, Ladders and Scares) Match for the NXT Women’s Championship: Io Shirai defeated Candice LeRae to retain the title by retrieving the belt via standard ladder match rules.
- Humberto Carrillo defeated Tucker by pinfall.
- Ricochet defeated Angel Garza by pinfall.
- Aoife Valkyrie defeated Dani Luna by pinfall.
- Rampage Brown is coming soon.
- Eddie Dennis set up a trap for Flash Morgan Webster and Mark Andrews to be attacked by The Hunt.
- Piper Niven hasn’t lost track of how she wants to take the NXT UK women’s title from Kay Lee Ray.
- Next week, Sam Gradwell and Pretty Deadly fight Gallus, and A-Kid fights Noam Dar in the semifinals of the NXT UK Heritage Cup tournament.
- Jordan Devlin beat Levi Muir by submission.
- WALTER retained the NXT UK Championship over Ilja Dragunov by submission knockout/referee stoppage. Dragunov didn’t tap.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- The show started with Roman Reigns telling Jey Uso that he had until the end of the night to fall in line.
- Kevin Owens beat Dolph Ziggler by pinfall to earn a spot on Team SmackDown for Survivor Series.
- Corey Graves interviewed Lars Sullivan, who told a story about how he did horrible things to the kids who called him a freak when he was a child, which got him banned from school.
- Bianca Belair beat Natalya and Billie Kay by pinfall (on Kay) to earn a spot on Team SmackDown.
- Next week, Carmella is going to show everyone why she’s untouchable.
- Murphy tried to apologize to Rey and Dominik, but they didn’t come out. Seth Rollins did, instead. After some blah blah, Dominik went after Rollins. Murphy pulled him off so he could fight Rollins instead, which pissed off Dominik, so Dominik and Murphy started fighting. Then, Rey came out. Aalyah told them to stop, because she loves Murphy. They kissed.
- The Street Profits cut a promo about how they’ll prove they’re the best tag team at Survivor Series. Then, they beat Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura by pinfall.
- Sami Zayn says he’ll beat Bobby Lashley at Survivor Series. Same kind of deal as everyone else is saying.
- Sasha Banks cut a promo on Bayley, Hell in a Cell and how she’ll beat Asuka at Survivor Series. Bayley called out how Banks can never hold on to championships, so she’ll beat her for it next week.
- Jey Uso beat Daniel Bryan by pinfall to earn a spot on Team SmackDown. Uso then beat down Bryan after the match to prove his loyalty to Roman Reigns.
- Curt Stallion defeated Ariya Daivari by pinfall
- The Brian Kendrick and Mansoor defeated Ever-Rise (Chase Parker and Matt Martel) by pinfall
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!