Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Seth Rollins opened the show with a promo about how the WWE Universe is to blame for what he did to Rey Mysterio at Extreme Rules. Rollins then beat Aleister Black by pinfall. After the match, Rollins and Murphy injured Black’s arm.
- Shelton Benjamin won the 24/7 Championship from R-Truth in a backstage segment.
- Cedric Alexander, Mustafa Ali and Ricochet defeated The Hurt Business by pinfall.
- Ruby Riott defeated Peyton Royce by pinfall.
- The Street Profits defeated Andrade and Angel Garza by pinfall.
- Kairi Sane defeated Bayley by pinfall.
- Drew McIntyre came out for a promo. Dolph Ziggler interrupted and thought he was entitled to another championship match. Ziggler wanted a rematch for the title so much that he offered McIntyre the chance to pick the stipulation, which McIntyre plans on revealing just before the bell rings.
- Randy Orton beat Big Show in their unsanctioned match and then punted Show.
- The show opened with Keith Lee vacating the North American Championship. William Regal declares that there will be a series of Triple Threat matches leading up to TakeOver on August 22nd where a new champion will be crowned.
- Dexter Lumis defeated Killian Dain by submission.
- Breezango defeated Ever-Rise by pinfall.
- Shotzi Blackheart defeated Aliyah by pinfall. After Shotzi ran over Robert Stone’s non-injured leg with her tank, Mercedes Martinez blindsided Blackheart with an attack and laid her out, then left, all to the confusion of Aliyah and Stone. Martinez later clarified she will sign with The Robert Stone Brand so he can take care of her paperwork while she focuses on hurting people in the ring.
- Triple Threat Match: Bronson Reed defeated Johnny Gargano and Roderick Strong by pinfall to qualify for the TakeOver ladder match.
- Timothy Thatcher defeated Oney Lorcan by pinfall.
- Karrion Kross defeated Dominik Dijakovic by referee stoppage.
- Bianca Belair defeated Jessi Kamea by pinfall
- Riddick Moss defeated Humberto Carrillo by pinfall
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- The show started with a Golden Role Models promo. Nikki Cross and Alexa Bliss interrupted as Cross wanted another shot at the belt. Bayley then said the winner of a Bliss vs. Cross match could face her next week. Nikki won by pinfall. That means we’re getting what…the 30th match between these two in the past year? Rinse and repeat.
- It’s The Fiend’s turn to fight Braun Strowman, according to Bray Wyatt’s most recent Firefly Fun House.
- Matt Riddle beat Tony Nese by pinfall. Riddle and King Corbin then traded verbal shots at each other.
- Naomi was on MizTV. They spoke about Twitter being upset that Naomi deserves better. Lacey Evans came out and had a scuff with Naomi.
- Kofi Kingston said he would be out of action for a few weeks or so and now, it’s Big E’s time to have a singles run.
- Gran Metalik defeated Lince Dorado, Drew Gulak and Shorty G to earn an Intercontinental Championship title shot against AJ Styles next week.
- Vignette for Otis and Mandy Rose.
- Jeff Hardy beat Sheamus by pinfall in a bar fight.
- Drake Maverick defeated Leon Ruff by pinfall
- Mansoor, Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch defeated Tehuti Miles and Ever-Rise by pinfall
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!