Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- The show opened with the men from Team Raw stating their case about how they deserve title shots against Drew McIntyre.
- The Hurt Business challenged The New Day to a title match. At first, they won by count out, but MVP prodded them to restart the match. The New Day then retained the tag titles by pinfall.
- Adam Pearce booked three singles matches with the winners going on to a triple threat No. 1 contender’s match next week. Matt Riddle pinned Sheamus. Keith Lee beat Bobby Lashley by disqualification when MVP interfered. AJ Styles pinned Randy Orton with some help from a distraction by The Fiend.
- Lana vs. Asuka for the Raw Women’s Championship ended almost immediately as Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler got involved and fought with Asuka. Lana helped her escape, which set up a tag team match. Asuka and Lana beat Jax and Baszler by pinfall.
- Alexa Bliss beat Nikki Cross by pinfall.
- Candice LeRae defeated Ember Moon by pinfall. After the match, Toni Storm turned on Ember Moon by tossing her to the wolves (Candice, Dakota Kai, Indi Hartwell and Raquel Gonzalez).
- Legado del Fantasma tout their success in a promo video.
- The Undisputed ERA cut a promo on how Kyle O’Reilly will beat Pete Dunne tonight and they’ll put Pat McAfee and his goons through hell at WarGames.
- Team Candice is officially Candice LeRae, Dakota Kai, Raquel Gonzalez and Toni Storm, rather than Indi Hartwell being on the team.
- Kushida defeated Timothy Thatcher by submission.
- Leon Ruff, Johnny Gargano and Damian Priest were on The Kevin Owens Show. William Regal announced a triple threat for the North American title at WarGames.
- Cameron Grimes defeated Jake Atlas by pinfall. Dexter Lumis came out after the match with a strap, which gave William Regal the idea to book a strap match between the two at TakeOver.
- Rhea Ripley cut a promo about how she isn’t going anywhere and she respects Io Shirai. Team Candice showed up with Shirai having been beaten down by them ahead of time and the foursome then went after Ripley.
- Xia Li and Boa went with their master to see the mysterious woman and plead with her that they won’t lose again.
- Ever-Rise were attacked by Grizzled Young Veterans.
- Next week, Raquel Gonzalez will fight Shotzi Blackheart for the team advantage.
- Ladder Match: Pete Dunne defeated Kyle O’Reilly to give his team the advantage for WarGames
- Jordan Devlin retained the NXT Cruiserweight Championship over Amir Jordan by submission.
- South Wales Subculture attacked The Hunt.
- Jinny beat Isla Dawn by submission.
- NXT UK Heritage Cup Tournament Final: A-Kid defeated Trent Seven with a 2-1 score to win the trophy.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode beat The Street Profits by pinfall in a non-title match.
- Sami Zayn beat Daniel Bryan by count-out as Jey Uso had attacked Bryan backstage. Kevin Owens ripped Jey off him.
- Bianca Belair defeated Natalya by pinfall.
- Murphy defeated King Corbin by pinfall.
- Kevin Owens defeated Jey Uso by disqualification.
- August Grey defeated Ariya Daivari by pinfall
- Curt Stallion defeated Raul Mendoza by pinfall.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!