Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- AJ Styles defeated Jeff Hardy by submission.
- The New Day defeated RETRIBUTION by pinfall.
- Lacey Evans defeated Charlotte Flair by disqualification after Flair refused to heed to the referee’s five-count and continued attacking Evans in the corner.
- Damian Priest defeated Angel Garza by pinfall.
- Keith Lee defeated Matt Riddle by pinfall.
- Lana defeated Nia Jax in a tables match.
- Naomi defeated Shayna Baszler by pinfall.
- Drew McIntyre vs Randy Orton was thrown out when Sheamus interfered.
- Men’s Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Semifinals Match: MSK defeated Legado Del Fantasma by pinfall.
- Xia Li defeated Cora Jade by pinfall.
- Johnny Gargano talked about how he’s “injured” and unable to compete this Sunday at TakeOver. William Regal called out how that isn’t true and suggested Gargano vacate his title or allow Austin Theory to defend the title as his surrogate, and Gargano revealed it all to be a ruse when Kushida grabbed the title belt and he grabbed it back with ease.
- Women’s Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Semifinals Match: Ember Moon & Shotzi Blackheart defeated Candice LeRae and Indi Hartwell by pinfall.
- Kushida defeated Austin Theory by disqualification.
- Men’s Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Semifinals Match: Grizzled Young Veterans defeated Timothy Thatcher and Tommaso Ciampa by pinfall.
- Dana Brooke defeated Peyton Royce
- Ricochet defeated Humberto Carrillo
- Meiko Satomura defeated Isla Dawn by pinfall.
- Noam Dar hosted Sha Samuels on Supernova Sessions
- Piper Niven defeated Amale by pinfall.
- Street Fight: South Wales Subculture defeated The Hunt by pinfall.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- The setup for Elimination Chamber is that there will be a cage match and the winner will face Roman Reigns right afterward in a title match. Kevin Owens and Jey Uso were given spots by Adam Pearce without having to qualify.
- King Corbin and Sami Zayn defeated Rey Mysterio and Dominik Mysterio by pinfall to qualify for the Elimination Chamber #1 Contender’s match.
- Big E’s match with Shinsuke Nakamura ended in a disqualification as Apollo Crews interfered, as he still wants another shot at the Intercontinental Championship.
- Seth Rollins cut a promo basically asking for more followers to his “Greater Good” messiah idea. Cesaro was the last one to leave ringside and an irate Rollins attacked him.
- Bayley defeated Liv Morgan by pinfall.
- The Street Profits defeated Chad Gable and Otis by pinfall.
- Daniel Bryan and Cesaro beat Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode to qualify for the Elimination Chamber.
- Ashante “Thee” Adonis and Mansoor defeated Chase Parker and Samir Singh by pinfall.
- Jake Atlas defeated Tony Nese by pinfall.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!