Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- The Miz declared (after Drew McIntyre) that he’s taking himself out of the Elimination Chamber match because as Mr. Money in the Bank, he doesn’t have to go through all that.
- Riddle and Lucha House Party defeated The Hurt Business by pinfall. Bobby Lashley then laid out the babyfaces to send a message to Riddle for this weekend.
- Akira Tozawa beat R-Truth to win the 24/7 Championship, but immediately lost the title to Bad Bunny with some help from Damian Priest.
- Asuka and Charlotte Flair vs Lacey Evans and Peyton Royce ended with Evans saying she’s pregnant and WWE just moving on to a different segment.
- Kofi Kingston defeated The Miz to earn a spot for himself (rather than Miz winning for John Morrison to replace him) in the Elimination Chamber.
- Shayna Baszler defeated Lana by submission.
- In the gauntlet match to determine who enters the Elimination Chamber last, AJ Styles beat Kofi Kingston. Then, Drew McIntyre beat Styles, then Jeff Hardy, then Randy Orton (by count-out). Sheamus then beat McIntyre to win the gauntlet match.
- Kyle O’Reilly opened the show addressing Adam Cole’s betrayal at TakeOver: Vengeance Day, wanting an answer. All he got was Roderick Strong making excuses, Finn Balor saying he’s first in line to get back at Cole, and then the three were attacked by Pete Dunne, Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan.
- Santos Escobar went home, rather than to fight Karrion Kross. William Regal said if Escobar doesn’t show up, he’ll be stripped of his title.
- Ember Moon and Shotzi Blackheart defeated Candice LeRae and Indi Hartwell by pinfall.
- Leon Ruff defeated Isaiah “Swerve” Scott by pinfall.
- Kacy Catanzaro and Kayden Carter defeated Aliyah and Jessi Kamea by pinfall.
- In two weeks on March 3rd, Dakota Kai and Raquel Gonzalez and MSK will get their tag title shots.
- Kushida defeated Tyler Rust by submission.
- Zoey Stark defeated Valentina Feroz by pinfall.
- Pete Dunne, Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan defeated Finn Balor, Kyle O’Reilly and Roderick Strong by pinfall.
- T-BAR defeated Drew Gulak
- Jaxson Ryker defeated Humberto Carrillo
- NXT UK Heritage Cup Match: A-Kid defeated Sha Samuels 2-1.
- Ben Carter defeated Josh Morrell by pinfall.
- In two weeks, Kay Lee Ray will defend the NXT UK Women’s Championship against Meiko Satomura.
- Dani Luna defeated Aleah James by pinfall.
- Rampage Brown defeated Joe Coffey by pinfall.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- The show started with Edge and Roman Reigns chatting it up in the same basic promo as before (Reigns wants Edge to pick him so he’ll be the main event as he should be). Sami Zayn came out to blab about how he’ll become the champion of the people. Jey Uso superkicked him.
- Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Apollo Crews by pinfall. After the match, Crews attacked Nakamura and then Big E, who tried to stop him.
- Natalya and Tamina defeated The Riott Squad by pinfall.
- “Ding Dong, Hello” set up a tag team match where Sasha Banks, Bianca Belair and Reginald defeated Bayley, Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler by pinfall.
- Otis and Chad Gable turned heel as they lost to Dominik and Rey Mysterio by disqualification and kept attacking after the referee’s count and the match had ended.
- Six-Man Tag Team Match: Cesaro, Daniel Bryan and Kevin Owens defeated Sami Zayn, Jey Uso and King Corbin by submission. Then, everyone exchanged finishers with Roman Reigns standing tall above Edge to close the show.
- Ashante “Thee” Adonis, Curt Stallion, Jake Atlas and Mansoor defeated Bolly-Rise by pinfall.
- Ariya Daivari defeated August Grey by pinfall.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!