Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Drew McIntyre defeated Sheamus by pinfall.
- Nia Jax defeated Naomi by pinfall.
- The Hurt Business retained the Raw Tag Team Championship over Braun Strowman and Adam Pearce by pinfall, which infuriated Strowman even more for Shane McMahon setting that up.
- Damian Priest defeated Elias by pinfall.
- Bobby Lashley defeated The Miz by count-out (as The Miz just immediately ran as soon as the bell rang). The Miz retained the WWE Championship by the champion’s advantage.
- Charlotte Flair defeated Shayna Baszler by pinfall.
- Riddle and Lucha House Party defeated RETRIBUTION by pinfall in a six-man tag team match.
- Mustafa Ali defeated Riddle by pinfall.
- Bobby Lashley defeated The Miz by submission to win the WWE Championship.
- Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan defeated Timothy Thatcher and Tommaso Ciampa by pinfall in part due to a distraction by Imperium on the stage.
- Adam Cole didn’t come out to Roderick Strong’s request, but Finn Balor did. Balor challenged Cole to a title match for next week and then fought with Strong until they were separated.
- The Way saw a therapist about Dexter Lumis. Johnny Gargano was kicked out of the room for yelling too much.
- Ember Moon defeated Aliyah by pinfall.
- Women’s Tag Team Championship Match: Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler (c) retained the titles over Dakota Kai and Raquel Gonzalez by submission. Kai wasn’t the legal wrestler, though, but Adam Pearce and Raw referee Shawn Bennett pulled off a screwjob, it seems.
- Cameron Grimes defeated Bronson Reed by pinfall. Grimes had help from LA Knight, who had just cut a promo prior to the match.
- Ever-Rise vs Breezango didn’t happen. Legado del Fantasma attacked Breezango during their entrance and Santos Escobar took out Chase Parker and Matt Martel.
- Finn Balor defeated Roderick Strong by pinfall.
- Ricochet defeated Akira Tozawa
- Mansoor defeated Drew Gulak
- Ilja Dragunov defeated Sam Gradwell by referee stoppage. Dragunov continued to attack Gradwell after the match and almost attacked the referees, too, before snapping out of it.
- Another vignette for Teoman aired.
- Nina Samuels had to make some tea for Xia Brookside and Aleah James, as Samuels is now Brookside’s underling after losing to her last week.
- Tyler Bate was Noam Dar’s guest on Supernova 11 Sessions. Bate is zen now and Dar was trying to get a rise out of him, but he’s nobody’s doormat. His match against Dave Mastiff next week will be contested under Heritage Cup rules.
- Ben Carter was training in the UK Performance Center, learning the British style with help from James Mason.
- Aleah James was highlighted in a vignette.
- Isla Dawn did some ouija board, crystal ball witchcraft stuff.
- Kenny Williams and Amir Jordan defeated Oliver Carter and Ashton Smith by pinfall.
- NXT UK Women’s Championship Match: Kay Lee Ray retained over Meiko Satomura by pinfall
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Daniel Bryan cut a passionate promo about how much he loves pro wrestling and how motivated he is to main event WrestleMania. Roman Reigns and Jey Uso talked some smack in return.
- King Corbin defeated Montez Ford by pinfall.
- Angelo Dawkins defeated Sami Zayn by pinfall.
- Carmella told Reginald he’s a snake and that he’s fired.
- Dominik Mysterio defeated Chad Gable by pinfall.
- Buddy Murphy approached Seth Rollins with a proposition that he could help him out with his problem with Cesaro, but Rollins told him to get out of his sight.
- Bianca Belair defeated Shayna Baszler by pinfall.
- Cesaro defeated Murphy by submission.
- Apollo Crews cut a promo about how he wants a rematch for the United States Championship.
- Natalya and Tamina complained to Adam Pearce and Sonya Deville that they should have been given tag team title shots.
- Steel Cage Match: Daniel Bryan defeated Jey Uso by submission to earn a title shot at Fastlane.
- August Grey and Jake Atlas defeated Ariya Daivari and Tony Nese by pinfall.
- Mansoor defeated Curt Stallion by pinfall.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!