Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Apollo Crews retained the United States Championship over MVP by pinfall.
- Bayley and Sasha Banks showed a video package that ended with Asuka saying she’ll get revenge on them for what they did to Kairi Sane. Shayna Baszler then interrupted the segment to knock down Banks and call attention to how she’s done waiting around for her opportunities.
- Ruby Riott was on The KO Show. Kevin Owens brought out Liv Morgan and the two Riott Squad members had a heart-to-heart about their issues and teaming back up. The IIconics came out to talk about how they’re better, which prompted a match. The Riott Squad beat The IIconics by pinfall.
- Drew McIntyre and Randy Orton traded verbal barbs about how Orton’s never been a locker room leader and McIntyre will take him out at SummerSlam.
- Backstage, Kevin Owens spoke to Ric Flair and offered himself to fight Orton next week.
- Instead of apologizing to Pat Buck for what she did last week, Nia Jax challenged him to a match. He turned her down and told her she was suspended indefinitely, so she attacked him some more.
- Akira Tozawa won the 24/7 Championship by pinning R-Truth in a triple threat match that involved Shelton Benjamin.
- Dominick Mysterio challenged Seth Rollins to a match at SummerSlam. Later on, Rollins was silent when asked by Murphy what he thought about the challenge.
- Shayna Baszler vs Sasha Banks ended with Asuka coming out and attacking The Golden Role Models. Asuka wants a rematch at SummerSlam and Shayna Baszler is rooting for her so she can take the belt from her afterward. Banks offered Asuka a shot at the title if she beats Bayley next week.
- Shane McMahon is heading up something called Raw Underground, which is basically a combination of a fight club and WWE with some MMA elements. The highlighted star is Babatunde, known now as Dabba-Kato, but Erik and Dolph Ziggler also won fights.
- Angel Garza defeated Angelo Dawkins by pinfall.
- Andrade defeated Montez Ford by referee stoppage when Ford passed out. It was speculated he might be poisoned, so Bianca Belair flipped out and attacked Zelina Vega backstage.
- Seth Rollins and Murphy came out for a promo and to complain about Tom Phillips cheering against him and being a force working against the greater good. Samoa Joe stood up to them. Dominick came out and attacked them with a kendo stick and Rollins accepted the challenge for a SummerSlam match.
- The Hurt Business cleaned house with the Raw Underground folk to end the show.
- No. 1 Contender’s Match: Dakota Kai defeated Rhea Ripley by pinfall to become the No. 1 contender for an NXT Women’s Championship match against Io Shirai at TakeOver XXX due in part to interference by Mercedes Martinez, who laid Ripley out some more after the match.
- Bronson Reed defeated Shane Thorne by pinfall.
- Fandango was abducted by Legado del Fantasma after they attacked him and Tyler Breeze.
- Damian Priest defeated Oney Lorcan and Ridge Holland by pinfall to earn a spot in the NXT North American Championship ladder match for TakeOver XXX.
- Keith Lee defeated Cameron Grimes by pinfall.
- Dexter Lumis is injured and won’t be able to compete in the ladder match. As a result, the four men who weren’t pinned in their No. 1 contender’s matches will compete to fill the final two spots.
- Legado del Fantasma dragged Fandango out for a promo.
- Tegan Nox defeated Indi Hartwell by pinfall.
- Imperium retained the NXT Tag Team Championship over The Undisputed ERA by pinfall as they were distracted by Pat McAfee and Adam Cole fighting ringside. McAfee took out Cole with a punt kick and was escorted out of Full Sail.
- Humberto Carrillo defeated Arturo Ruas by pinfall
- Riddick Moss defeated Mustafa Ali by pinfall.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Bray Wyatt appeared on Firefly Fun House to talk again about wanting a title shot. Later, Braun Strowman showed up on the TitanTron to say he doesn’t care about Alexa Bliss. Now that he’s come out of the swamp, he’s become the monster.
- Matt Riddle beat Sheamus by DQ after Shorty G attacked him. Sheamus blasted Gable with a Rogue Kick after the match. This led to tension with King Corbin that carried throughout the night. Jeff Hardy beat Corbin by DQ when Sheamus attacked Hardy as retaliation, costing Corbin his match. Then, Sheamus beat Corbin by pinfall.
- On an edition of The Dirt Sheet, The Miz and John Morrison made fun of Mandy Rose’s hair with a wig that had fake eyes glued to it used as a puppet. Sonya Deville then talked some trash about what she did until Heavy Machinery came out to attack Miz and Morrison.
- Cesaro beat Lince Dorado by pinfall.
- Stephanie McMahon spoke to Sasha Banks and Bayley. Bayley’s opponent at SummerSlam will be determined next week in a triple-brand battle royal.
- Heavy Machinery vs The Miz and John Morrison was a no-contest after Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville started fighting.
- Retribution ended the show by ransacking the ring.
- Ever-Rise defeated Mikey Spandex and Marquis Carter by pinfall.
- Danny Burch defeated Tony Nese by pinfall.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!