Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Nikki Cross defeated Charlotte Flair by count-out
- John Morrison defeated Jeff Hardy by pinfall. Hardy then challenged Cedric Alexander to a match where if he lost, he’d retire on the spot. Jeff Hardy defeated Cedric Alexander by pinfall.
- Eva Marie was scheduled to face Naomi, but Piper Niven substituted for her, instead. Niven beat Naomi by pinfall, but Eva Marie announced herself as the winner.
- Natalya and Tamina talked trash with Dana Brooke and Mandy Rose over looks versus talent. They started fighting with each other and had to be broken up by officials.
- RK-Bro defeated The New Day by pinfall.
- Rhea Ripley defeated Asuka by pinfall.
- Alexa Bliss defeated Nia Jax by disqualification after Reginald interfered.
- Jaxson Ryker defeated Elias by count-out.
- Drew McIntyre defeated AJ Styles by disqualification after interference from Bobby Lashley.
- Drew McIntyre and The Viking Raiders defeated Bobby Lashley, AJ Styles and Omos by pinfall.
- William Regal started the show to talk about his tenure in NXT and say he doesn’t think he can do the job as well anymore as everyone deserves. Karrion Kross and Scarlett came out to say they knew this was going to happen. Kross wants Regal to say Kross has control over this place through chaos and then to leave. Samoa Joe then came out to say Regal wanted to talk to him. Regal then officially offers him the position of General Manager of NXT. Joe says “absolutely not.” He reveres Regal too much to take his role, but he offers him another solution of basically being his enforcer. Regal says he has some conditions (Joe can’t be a competitor, nor can he lay a hand on anyone unless provoked). Joe accepts and asks Kross why he’s still in the ring. Kross and Scarlett reluctantly leave.
- Breezango defeated Imperium by pinfall. After the match, Imperium laid out Tyler Breeze and Fandango.
- Backstage, Adam Cole and Kyle O’Reilly were fighting. William Regal booked them for an unsanctioned match at Great American Bash and individual matches for next week. Samoa Joe then helped security break things up, by choking out Cole.
- Kushida’s open challenge for the Cruiserweight Championship is answered by Trey Baxter (formerly known as Blake Christian). Kushida retained the title by submission. After the match, Kyle O’Reilly then challenged Kushida to a match for next week.
- Ted DiBiase presented LA Knight with the Million Dollar Championship. Knight spoke about how DiBiase was a fixture of his childhood and thanked him, but then said he doesn’t need him anymore and decked him. He’s the only true Million Dollar champion now! Cameron Grimes came out to make the save.
- Raquel Gonzalez and Dakota Kai defeated Kacy Catanzaro and Kayden Carter by pinfall.
- Io Shirai started to cut a promo about her return, but was interrupted by Candice LeRae and Indi Hartwell. They double-teamed her until Zoey Stark came out to help.
- Tornado Tag Team Match: Timothy Thatcher and Tommaso Ciampa defeated Grizzled Young Veterans by submission.
- Mace and T-Bar defeated Lucha House Party
- Ricochet defeated Drew Gulak
- Wolfgang defeated Sam Gradwell by pinfall.
- Kenny Williams defeated Danny Jones by pinfall.
- Jordan Devlin was Noam Dar’s guest on Supernova 11 Sessions. He put the locker room on notice.
- Tyler Bate offered Jack Starz an NXT UK Heritage Cup title shot. Starz turned it down as he feels he hasn’t earned that. Dave Mastiff told him not to reject opportunities like that.
- Nathan Frazer defeated Rohan Raja by pinfall.
- Backstage, A-Kid was hanging out in Devlin’s locker room, which pissed off the former cruiserweight champion.
- Dani Luna and Flash Morgan Webster defeated Jinny and Joseph Conners by pinfall.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Apollo Crews and Commander Azeez defeated Big E and Kevin Owens by pinfall.
- Shinsuke Nakamura defeated King Corbin by pinfall to win the Battle for the Crown.
- Otis vs Angelo Dawkins didn’t happen as Alpha Academy beat down Dawkins before the bell rang.
- Roman Reigns defeated Rey Mysterio by submission inside Hell in a Cell to retain the Universal Championship.
- Grayson Waller defeated Asher Hall by pinfall.
- Ikemen Jiro defeated Tony Nese by pinfall.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!