Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Ricochet defeated AJ Styles by pinfall to qualify for the Money in the Bank ladder match.
- Asuka and Naomi defeated Eva Marie and Doudrop by pinfall to qualify for the Money in the Bank ladder match.
- Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross defeated Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler by pinfall to qualify for the Money in the Bank ladder match.
- Riddle defeated Drew McIntyre by pinfall to qualify for the Money in the Bank ladder match.
- Bobby Lashley defeated Xavier Woods by submission in a Hell in a Cell match.
- Adam Cole defeated Carmelo Hayes by pinfall.
- Io Shirai and Zoey Stark defeated The Robert Stone Brand (Aliyah and Jessi Kamea) by pinfall. After the match, The Way, Dakota Kai and Raquel Gonzalez, and Ember Moon and Shotzi Blackheart all spoke about the future of the NXT Women’s Tag Team Championship (with Stark and Shirai in the ring), resulting in a brawl that Candice LeRae and Indi Hartwell stayed out of. Samoa Joe called for security to break them up.
- The Way (Austin Theory and Johnny Gargano) defeated Oney Lorcan and Pete Dunne by pinfall. Karrion Kross nailed Gargano from behind after the match for having said earlier in the night that he outclassed Kross at TakeOver: In Your House.
- Franky Monet defeated Elektra Lopez by pinfall.
- Hit Row’s Ashante “Thee” Adonis and Top Dolla defeated Ever-Rise by pinfall.
- Backstage, Xia Li and Boa attacked Mercedes Martinez after the announcement they will compete in a mixed tag team match next week. Jake Atlas came to help out and will team with Martinez.
- Kushida defeated Kyle O’Reilly by pinfall in a non-title match.
- After the match, Adam Cole attacked O’Reilly. Then, Roderick Strong, Tyler Rust and Hideki Suzuki (all directed by Malcolm Bivens) attacked Kushida. They are Diamond Mine and they are now open for business.
- Bronson Reed defeated Drew Gulak
- Karrion Kross defeated Shelton Benjamin
- Mark Coffey defeated Sha Samuels via pinfall.
- Stevie Turner defeated Laura Di Matteo by pinfall.
- Kenny Williams bugged Nathan Frazer while he was training at the Performance Center, just to talk some trash and set up a future match between the two.
- Blair Davenport has signed a contract with NXT UK.
- Teoman defeated Oliver Carter by submission. Rohan Raja turned heel and attacked Carter after the match to join Teoman.
- Triple Threat Match: Ilja Dragunov defeated Rampage Brown and Joe Coffey by pinfall over Brown. WALTER then came out after the match and beat down Dragunov to send a message.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Bayley and Seth Rollins defeated Bianca Belair and Cesaro by pinfall.
- Shinsuke Nakamura was officially crowned the new king of WWE, aka, Kingsuke Nakamura.
- Big E defeated Apollo Crews by pinfall to qualify for the Money in the Bank ladder match.
- Sonya Deville announced Carmella as another entrant in the Money in the Bank ladder match. Liv Morgan took offense and Deville booked the two in a match on the spot. Morgan defeated Carmella by pinfall to seemingly earn a spot in the ladder match for herself (though that has yet to be confirmed).
- Jimmy Uso defeated Dolph Ziggler by pinfall.
- Paul Heyman said nobody is left to challenge Roman Reigns. Edge then came out to brawl with Reigns and Uso.
- Ikemen Jiro defeated Ariya Daivari
- Grayson Waller defeated August Grey
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!