Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Dominik Mysterio signed a contract. He’s now an official member of the roster. Seth Rollins said that he’ll allow Dominik to use a kendo stick or any other weapon he wants at SummerSlam. Then, Rollins beat Humberto Carrillo by pinfall and after the match, Rollins and Murphy attacked Dominik with kendo sticks for several minutes straight.
- Angelo Dawkins defeated Andrade and Bianca Belair defeated Zelina Vega by pinfall.
- Shelton Benjamin beat Apollo Crews by pinfall after some interference from MVP and Bobby Lashley ringside.
- The Viking Raiders, Cedric Alexander and Ricochet beat Akira Tozawa and his ninjas by pinfall. R-Truth, who was disguised as a ninja, then won the 24/7 title from Tozawa.
- Peyton Royce beat Ruby Riott by pinfall.
- Raw Underground: Riddick Moss beat Cal Bloom.
- Asuka beat Bayley by submission to earn a title shot against Sasha Banks at SummerSlam.
- Raw Underground: Arturo Ruas won a fight by knockout.
- Raw Underground: Dabba-Kato won a fight and established that low-blows are okay when he won his match.
- Raw Underground: Shayna Baszler grabbed someone from ringside, brought her into the ring and took her out, as well as the two other girls who tried to pry her off.
- Randy Orton beat Kevin Owens by pinfall. Then, Orton told Ric Flair he’s become a liability and he doesn’t respect him anymore. Flair spoke about how he loves being there with Orton and wants him to break his 16x world title record. After his coma, he wanted to let everyone he loves know how much he cared about them. He’s just Charlotte’s dad who wants to be part of Orton’s life. Orton hugged him and then gave him a low blow and punted him (off-camera; the lights flickered as they’ve been doing lately). Drew McIntyre came out to help and check on Flair as the show went off the air.
- Karrion Kross defeated Danny Burch by submission. Keith Lee brought out a contract for Kross to sign to make their match at TakeOver XXX official. Then, when Lee opened the contract again, he was hit in the face with a fireball.
- Drake Maverick vs Killian Dain was a no-contest as The Undisputed ERA attacked both, for some reason. Adam Cole then cut a promo daring Pat McAfee to come to NXT next week.
- Santos Escobar defeated Tyler Breeze by pinfall. Fandango came out after the match to try to fight off Legado del Fantasma. Isaiah “Swerve” Scott also came out to run them off.
- Mia Yim defeated Indi Hartwell by submission
- Bronson Reed defeated Damian Priest by pinfall.
- Aliyah and Mercedes Martinez defeated Kayden Carter and Kacy Catanzaro by pinfall. Rhea Ripley and Shotzi Blackheart attacked Aliyah and Martinez after the match.
- Triple Threat Match: Cameron Grimes defeated Kushida and Velveteen Dream (pin on Kushida) for a spot in the TakeOver XXX ladder match for the North American Championship. After the match, Dream attacked Kushida out of frustration. Dream will face Finn Balor next week in a second chance match, as will Ridge Holland Johnny Gargano.
- Ruby Riott defeated Billie Kay by pinfall.
- Angel Garza defeated Titus O’Neil by pinfall
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- RETRIBUTION attacked Big E and John Morrison to start the show, before their scheduled match could begin. Backstage, the roster tried to find some commonality as a united front against the new faction, but Miz and Morrison passed blame to Big E, King Corbin tried to call himself the leader and Sheamus said he isn’t scared of them like Big E must be.
- Asuka won the tri-branded battle royal and will face Bayley for the SmackDown Women’s Championship at SummerSlam.
- Mandy Rose challenged Sonya Deville to a Hair vs Hair match for SummerSlam. Later, Sonya accepted the challenge.
- Sheamus beat Shorty G by pinfall.
- AJ Styles has implemented The Phenomenal Intercontinental Statistics System to determine who can be worthy of an Intercontinental Championship match. People have to earn title shots based on his merits. Based on his calculations, no one deserves an opportunity. Jeff Hardy came out to throw his name in the hat. Styles declined, but Hardy knocked him out of the ring and signed his name in permanent marker on the board. (Only in pro wrestling would that make for an official match and such.) But apparently, that’s taking place next week on SmackDown instead of at SummerSlam or Payback.
- Gran Metalik beat Shinsuke Nakamura by pinfall. Kalisto made his return and helped assist Metalik with a distraction.
- Shorty G apologized to Matt Riddle, but set him up to be attacked by King Corbin from behind.
- Big E defeated John Morrison by submission. RETRIBUTION laid waste to the backstage area during the match. Post-match, Sheamus nailed Big E with a Brogue Kick.
- Braun Strowman called out The Fiend. Alexa Bliss came out instead and said she doesn’t believe Strowman doesn’t give a damn about her. He told her everyone who comes in contact with The Fiend changes, including her, and he’s no longer going to be a clown she parades around by his beard. She decided to slap some sense into him, and he responded by picking her up and press slamming her as the lights went out. When they came back, Bray Wyatt was in the ring instead of Strowman, who appeared on the TitanTron laughing.
- Legado del Fantasma defeated Ever-Rise by pinfall.
- Ariya Daivari defeated Jake Atlas by pinfall.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!