Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Randy Orton isn’t at Raw, so a battle royal was set up to determine his replacement in the Triple Threat qualifying match. Riddle convinced Adam Pearce and Sonya Deville. Riddle last eliminated Damian Priest to earn that spot on behalf of Orton.
- Nikki Cross defeated Shayna Baszler by pinfall.
- Doudrop and Eva Marie defeated Asuka and Naomi by pinfall.
- Ricochet and John Morrison fought to a double count-out.
- Charlotte Flair, Natalya and Tamina defeated Rhea Ripley, Mandy Rose and Dana Brooke by pinfall.
- Strap Match: Jaxson Ryker defeated Elias by pinfall.
- Triple Threat Match: Drew McIntyre defeated AJ Styles and Matt Riddle to qualify for the Money in the Bank ladder match.
- NXT Women’s Tag Team Championship No. 1 Contender Triple Threat Match: Io Shirai and Zoey Stark defeated Dakota Kai & Raquel Gonzalez and Ember Moon & Shotzi Blackheart by pinfall to earn the tag title shot for Great American Bash.
- It’s announced there will be another NXT Breakout Tournament starting in 2 weeks. Bronson Reed spoke to McKenzie Mitchell about it and Hit Row interrupted. Isaiah “Swerve” Scott challenged Reed to a North American Championship match for later tonight.
- Karrion Kross and Scarlett stormed the ring for a promo about Johnny Gargano, who came out to say Kross is bigger than him, but he’s smarter than Kross. Austin Theory jumped Kross from behind and they double-teamed the NXT champion, who still managed to come out on top of the scuffle. Security stopped Kross from slamming the steel steps on Gargano, allowing Johnny Wrestling to superkick him and run off with Theory. Kross scowled at Samoa Joe for getting involved.
- Roderick Strong defeated Asher Hale by submission.
- Cameron Grimes defeated Ari Sterling by pinfall. LA Knight came out after the match to gloat about how he beat Grimes for the Million Dollar Championship and took out Ted DiBiase. Grimes challenged Knight to putting the title on the line next week. Knight accepted, but on the terms that if Grimes loses, he becomes his butler.
- Kyle O’Reilly is out for a promo and invited Adam Cole to come out, too. Samoa Joe and security stepped in between the two. Cole said O’Reilly is nothing without him and won’t have half the career he’s had. He thinks O’Reilly is obsessed with him and owes him everything because he’s the star. Even O’Reilly’s wife knows that. O’Reilly said he’s ashamed when he looks back on The Undisputed ERA and they come to blows. Joe watches as O’Reilly puts Cole in a heel hook. Cole screams out for Joe to get him off him, but Joe waits for a bit to call security down to the ring.
- Mixed Tag Team Match: Xia Li and Boa defeated Mercedes Martinez and Jake Atlas by referee stoppage. Martinez may have suffered a legitimate concussion from Xia Li’s kick as things ended awkwardly.
- Tommaso Ciampa and Timothy Thatcher had a face-to-face promo with MSK to hype their title match for next week at Great American Bash.
- Johnny Gargano attacked Karrion Kross backstage by slamming his car door on him. Kross brushed it off quickly after, though, and took out Gargano and Theory in retaliation. Gargano was nearly ran over, but Samoa Joe pulled him to the side and said he’s probably pushed Kross too far.
- North American Championship Match: Isaiah “Swerve” Scott defeated Bronson Reed (c) by pinfall to win the title.
- Veer defeated Drew Gulak
- Mace and T-Bar defeated Lucha House Party
- Emilia McKenzie defeated Isla Dawn by pinfall.
- Tyler Bate defeated Jack Starz 2-1 to retain the NXT UK Heritage Cup.
- Meiko Satomura cut a promo about how she’s the new NXT UK women’s champion. She was interrupted by Nina Samuels, who was then attacked by Amale—both looking for title opportunities. Satomura knocked down Amale and told her she had her match.
- Aoife Valkyrie defeated Mila Smidt by pinfall.
- Jordan Devlin defeated A-Kid by submission.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Edge cut a promo about how he’ll beat Roman Reigns at Money in the Bank.
- Big E and Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Baron Corbin and Apollo Crews by pinfall.
- Bianca Belair and Bayley are going to face each other in an I Quit match at Money in the Bank for the SmackDown Women’s Championship.
- Sonya Deville announced that Zelina Vega is in the Money in the Bank ladder match. Liv Morgan took exception to that and then beat Vega in a match to follow.
- Otis defeated Angelo Dawkins by pinfall.
- Edge took out Jimmy Uso to end the show.
- Andre Chase defeated Guru Raaj by pinfall.
- Joe Gacy defeated Desmond Troy by pinfall
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!