Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- John Cena opened the show with a promo about how he wants to take Roman Reigns down a peg and how the WWE Universe brought him back to do it.
- Riddle and The Viking Raiders defeated AJ Styles, Omos and John Morrison by pinfall.
- Jaxson Ryker defeated Elias by pinfall in a Symphony of Destruction match.
- Natalya and Tamina defeated Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler. After the match, Baszler pointed out that she and Jax were unstoppable before Reginald came along. Jax agreed and headbutted Reginald. They left, but then, Akira Tozawa was chased down by some members of the roster, leaving him vulnerable to Reginald capitalizing with a pinfall to win the 24/7 Championship.
- Sheamus defeated Humberto Carrillo by pinfall.
- Bobby Lashley issued an open challenge and defeated a returning Keith Lee by pinfall. After that, Goldberg came out to say he’s next in line.
- Jinder Mahal talked about how he interfered at Money in the Bank and cost Drew McIntyre the match. The Scottish Warrior then came out to attack them.
- Jeff Hardy defeated Karrion Kross by pinfall.
- Alexa Bliss had Eva Marie and Doudrop back on her playground.
- Rhea Ripley defeated Charlotte Flair by disqualification in a Raw Women’s Championship match. After Ripley took out Flair post-match, Nikki A.S.H. cashed in her Money in the Bank contract and defeated Flair by pinfall to win the Raw Women’s Championship.
- Bobby Fish and Kushida defeated Diamond Mine’s Roderick Strong and Tyler Rust by submission.
- Franky Monet defeated Jacy Jayne by pinfall.
- Kyle O’Reilly defeated Austin Theory by submission.
- Hit Row and Legado del Fantasma talked trash to one another.
- Odyssey Jones defeated Andre Chase by pinfall to advance to the next round of the NXT Breakout Tournament.
- Drake Maverick defeated LA Knight by pinfall.
- Raquel Gonzalez defeated Xia Li by pinfall to retain the NXT Women’s Championship.
- Ricochet defeated Cedric Alexander
- Angel Garza defeated Drew Gulak
- It was announced that WALTER vs. Ilja Dragunov will take place at TakeOver 36.
- Symbiosis had a vignette about Trent Seven and Tyler Bate. Later, Moustache Mountain spoke about how they’ll settle this business.
- Nina Samuels defeated Laura Di Matteo by pinfall.
- Rohan Raja and Teoman spoke about their partnership.
- Blair Davenport talked some trash to Xia Brookside, saying the only reason anyone knows her is because of her father.
- Jinny and Joseph Conners were on Supernova 11 Sessions with Noam Dar. Jinny wanted to talk about how Aoife Valkyrie is scared to take her on.
- Joseph Conners defeated Tristan Archer by pinfall. After the match, Valkyrie and Jinny had a stare down until Valkyrie gave Jinny one of the feathers plucked from her outfit.
- Jordan Devlin was asked about the Iron Man match coming up against A-Kid. Devlin knows A-Kid’s knee is not 100% and this time they’re in the ring together, he’s going to end A-Kid’s career.
- Jack Starz thanked Dave Mastiff for his help lately and Mastiff said there’s more to come between them.
- Pretty Deadly retained the NXT UK Tag Team Championship over Subculture by pinfall.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- John Cena opened the show with a promo about Roman Reigns. Paul Heyman came out to say Cena isn’t worth The Tribal Chief’s time and dismiss the situation.
- Finn Balor defeated Sami Zayn by pinfall.
- Baron Corbin’s crowd funding campaign backfired. His identity was stolen and he’s lost even more money.
- Big E cut a promo about winning Money in the Bank. Apollo Crews with Commander Azeez interrupted, followed by Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode, Rick Boogs and Shinsuke Nakamura, and Cesaro. A brawl erupted.
- Angelo Dawkins defeated Chad Gable by pinfall.
- Bianca Belair defeated Carmella by pinfall to retain the SmackDown Women’s Championship.
- Baron Corbin was given $20 by Kevin Owens after he apologized. Then, Dirty Dawgs attacked Corbin and stole the cash.
- Edge called out Seth Rollins, who wants to end his career. They had a scuffle and Edge came out on top.
- Toni Storm made her debut and defeated Zelina Vega by pinfall.
- Jimmy Uso defeated Dominik Mysterio by pinfall.
- Roman Reigns turned down John Cena’s challenge for a match at SummerSlam. Finn Balor came out and Reigns laughed before saying he accepted Balor’s challenge instead.
- Asher Hale defeated Guru Raaj
- Jake Atlas defeated Ari Sterling
- Ikeman Jiro defeated Grayson Waller
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!