Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Drew McIntyre started the show with a promo about Randy Orton, but technical difficulties ruined that. Those broadcast problems were caused by Retribution attacking the production truck.
- Apollo Crews defeated Shelton Benjamin by pinfall, which means MVP can’t have Benjamin or Bobby Lashley ringside for his match at SummerSlam. The Hurt Business attacked Crews after the match until Mustafa Ali, Ricochet and Cedric Alexander made the save and set up a tag elimination match for later.
- Benjamin won the 24/7 Championship from R-Truth.
- Angel Garza beat Ivar by pinfall. Then, it was revealed that ZElina Vega was responsible for poisoning Montez Ford.
- Natalya beat Mickie James (who didn’t even get an entrance) by count-out while all the attention was on Seth Rollins talking to Samoa Joe about how Rey Mysterio was supposed to be on Raw.
- Asuka and Shayna Baszler beat Bayley and Sasha Banks by submission, even after Nia Jax had attacked Shayna during the match.
- Peyton Royce defeated Ruby Riott by pinfall.
- Erik won a fight on Raw Underground, which Dolph Ziggler rated a 4 out of 10. Then, Erik challenged Ziggler, but lost the fight since Dolph poked out Erik’s eye.
- Dominik and Rey Mysterio cut a promo about SummerSlam and attacked Seth Rollins and Murphy with kendo sticks.
- Arturo Ruas and Riddick Moss had a fight on Raw Underground, but the segment ended without a winner.
- The Hurt Business beat Apollo Crews, Mustafa Ali and Ricochet in a six-man tag team elimination match and Cedric Alexander pinned Shelton Benjamin to win the 24/7 Championship during that match. Then, Alexander beat Akira Tozawa to retain the 24/7 title. Then, after that, Benjamin won the 24/7 title back from Alexander.
- Marina Shafir won a Raw Underground fight and then was attacked from behind by Nia Jax, who ran away from a fight with Shayna Baszler.
- Montez Ford defeated Andrade by pinfall.
- Randy Orton took out Shawn Michaels, then Drew McIntyre to end the show.
- Second Chance Qualifying Match: Johnny Gargano defeated Ridge Holland by pinfall.
- Dakota Kai defeated Jessie Kamea by pinfall. After the match, Dakota Kai spoke about not being afraid of Io Shirai, who came out for a fight. Raquel Gonzalez returned, though, striking Shirai from behind and making it a 2-on-1 unfair fight.
- Six-Man Tag Team Match: Legado del Fantasma defeated Breezango and Isaiah “Swerve” Scott by pinfall
- Pat McAfee cut a promo about how he embarrassed Adam Cole and will take him out at TakeOver. Things came to a head with The Undisputed ERA and McAfee’s NFL backup staring each other down after Cole took out some security.
- Rhea Ripley and Shotzi Blackheart defeated Aliyah and Mercedes Martinez by pinfall
- Second Chance Qualifying Match: Velveteen Dream defeated Finn Balor by pinfall with some help from Timothy Thatcher attacking Balor.
- Bianca Belair defeated Billie Kay by pinfall.
- Murphy defeated Humberto Carrillo by pinfall.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Vince McMahon’s introduction to the Thunderdome was cut off by Bray Wyatt, who was then cut off by Braun Strowman, who was then attacked by Retribution, who was then run off by the SmackDown roster, who then stood by ringside as lumberjacks for the next match, wherein Big E beat Sheamus by pinfall.
- Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura retained the SmackDown Tag Team Championship over Lucha House Party by pinfall. It seems the luchas may split as after the match, Lince Dorado and Kalisto got into an argument.
- After an interview with The Golden Role Models and Corey Graves, Naomi challenged both Sasha Banks and Bayley to a Beat the Clock Challenge (Graves’ suggestion). Banks made Naomi tap out in 3:39 and Bayley took a pinfall from Naomi. That means Asuka will face Bayley first at SummerSlam.
- Mandy Rose suggested she and Sonya Deville bury the hatchet. Deville upped the ante and changed their match from a Hair vs Hair stipulation to a No DQ Loser Leaves WWE situation.
- Jeff Hardy won the Intercontinental Championship from AJ Styles by pinfall.
- Braun Strowman attacked Bray Wyatt during a Firefly Fun House segment. When Wyatt was being hauled off in an ambulance, though, The Fiend reemerged.
- Drake Maverick defeated Tehuti Miles by pinfall.
- Jake Atlas defeated Tony Nese by pinfall.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!