Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- The show started with a promo where Bobby Lashley challenged Randy Orton to a match and eventually agreed to put the WWE Championship on the line at Extreme Rules in return for being added into the tag team turmoil match, since he wants to become a double champion.
- Tag Team Turmoil: The New Day defeated The Viking Raiders, then Jinder Mahal and Veer, then Lucha House Party, then Mace and T-Bar. Angry at the outcome, Mace and T-Bar attacked The New Day after their elimination. Mansoor and (hesitantly) Mustafa Ali tried to help out and the scuffle caused Adam Pierce and Sonya Deville to say they’d put the rest of the match on hold until later when people could regroup.
- Sheamus defeated Drew McIntyre by pinfall.
- Super Brutality (Rhea Ripley and Nikki A.S.H.) defeated Natalya and Tamina by pinfall.
- Karrion Kross was John Morrison’s guest on Moist TV. Kross then defeated Morrison by submission.
- Charlotte Flair defeated Nia Jax by pinfall to retain the Raw Women’s Championship. After the match, Alexa Bliss appeared on the TitanTron to invite Flair to her playground. Flair refused, so Bliss popped up in the ring and pointed to the title as something she’s going after.
- Reggie defeated Akira Tozawa by pinfall to retain the 24/7 Championship. He then evaded the efforts of several Superstars trying to win the title. Drake Maverick showed up to stand at the ramp, too.
- Tag Team Turmoil Part 2: The New Day defeated Mansoor and Mustafa Ali. AJ Styles and Omos defeated The New Day. Bobby Lashley and MVP defeated AJ Styles and Omos to earn the title shot for next week. Omos laid out Lashley following the match. Then, Randy Orton hit Lashley with an RKO.
- Kay Lee Ray defeated Ember Moon by pinfall.
- At her bachelorette party, Indi Hartwell credited who she is today to the guidance of Candice LeRae. They’re wondering what the boys are doing at the bachelor party, as it’s going to be hard to crack Johnny Gargano and get his approval.
- Santos Escobar defeated Carmelo Hayes by pinfall.
- Backstage, William Regal told McKenzie Mitchell that there will be a Fatal 4-Way match next week between Tommaso Ciampa, Kyle O’Reilly, LA Knight and Pete Dunne to determine Samoa Joe’s next challenger for the NXT Championship.
- Brutus Creed and Julius Creed defeated Chuckie Viola and Paxton Averill by pinfall.
- Ember Moon spoke to McKenzie Mitchell about how it’s been a rough few months after losing her tag titles, her tag partner and every match. But now, she’s woken up, and she knows what she needs to do. Stay tuned.
- Hit Row put Legado del Fantasma on notice.
- NXT Women’s Tag Team Championship Match: Io Shirai and Zoey Stark (c) defeated Kacy Catanzaro and Kayden Carter by pinfall to retain the titles. Mandy Rose, Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne attacked Shirai and Stark after the match.
- Kyle O’Reilly doesn’t care what it takes, the goal for him is the NXT Championship. At TakeOver, one obsession ended. Next week, another one begins.
- Dexter Lumis’s bachelor party was funded by Cameron Grimes and featured Drake Maverick, Odyssey Jones, a zombie referee and Johnny Gargano. They played lazer tag, did some axe throwing and had a go kart race. Eventually, Gargano was bumped into and high-fived Lumis and it seems they’re now all on the same page for the wedding.
- Robert Stone informed Franky Monet that she has a title shot for the NXT Women’s Championship next week against Raquel Gonzalez.
- Mei Ying defeated Virginia Ferry by pinfall.
- Tommaso Ciampa has Goldie back in his sights ahead of next week’s No. 1 contender’s match.
- NXT Tag Team Championship Match: MSK (c) defeated Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan by pinfall to retain the titles. Ridge Holland and Pete Dunne then beat down Burch and Lorcan after the match.
- Doudrop defeated Dana Brooke
- Ricochet defeated Cedric Alexander
- NXT UK Heritage Cup No. 1 Contender’s Tournament: Wolfgang defeated Sam Gradwell 2-1 to advance to the semifinals to face Teoman.
- Blair Davenport has been suspended for attacking Sid Scala last week.
- Saxon Huxley, Oliver Carter and Ashton Smith defeated Symbiosis by pinfall.
- Emilia McKenzie wasn’t fond of Stevie Turner badmouthing Meiko Satomura and said she would also beat her, just like Satomura did.
- A replay aired of the NXT UK Championship match from TakeOver 36 with Superstars giving their thoughts on it like WWE Playback.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- The show started with a promo from Roman Reigns, The Usos and Paul Heyman. Reigns says WWE runs New York and since he runs WWE, he owns Madison Square Garden, and tells the crowd to acknowledge him. Brock Lesnar comes out and stops Heyman from telling him he should go for a different title. Lesnar asks Heyman why he didn’t tell Reigns that he’d be at SummerSlam. Reigns snatches the belt away from Heyman, angrily, and leaves. Heyman hypes up Lesnar, who gives him five seconds to accept a challenge for the Universal Championship. Lesnar picks him up for an F5 but Reigns and The Usos triple-team him. The Beast Incarnate is able to take out The Usos as Reigns runs off.
- Big E, Dominik Mysterio, Rey Mysterio, Rick Boogs and Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Apollo Crews, Dolph Ziggler, Otis, Robert Roode and Sami Zayn by pinfall.
- Contract Signing: Becky Lynch and Bianca Belair made their match at Extreme Rules official.
- Seth Rollins defeated Edge by pinfall. Edge was carted off in an ambulance and Rollins seemed distressed by what he had done.
- The Street Profits defeated The Usos by disqualification after Roman Reigns interfered. Reigns then said he’d smash Lesnar after he’s done smashing Finn Balor, who came out in his demon makeup.
- Valentina Feroz defeated Katrina Cortez by pinfall.
- Odyssey Jones and Trey Baxter defeated Joe Gacy and Josh Briggs by pinfall.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!