Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- The show started with a promo between Big E (who claimed he’ll be cashing in Money in the Bank), Bobby Lashley and MVP, and RK-Bro, all talking about who would walk away champion between Big E, Lashley and Randy Orton.
- Charlotte Flair defeated Shayna Baszler by pinfall. After the match, Alexa Bliss came out to give Flair a present, which was a doll in Flair’s resemblance. It was a gift for her to play with after Bliss takes her Raw Women’s Championship at Extreme Rules. Flair didn’t want it, threw it in Bliss’s face, and after a momentary scrap, Bliss stood tall in the ring posing with the belt.
- Drew McIntyre and The Viking Raiders defeated Jinder Mahal, Veer and Shanky by pinfall.
- Backstage, Reggie evaded the efforts of several people going after his 24/7 Championship, which was apparently a game plan concocted by Drake Maverick, according to R-Truth.
- Damian Priest defeated Jeff Hardy by pinfall to retain the United States Championship.
- Nikki A.S.H. defeated Tamina by pinfall. This was a botch, as Tamina was supposed to win the match and they even played her music and announced her as the winner, but A.S.H. had scored the pin when Tamina didn’t kick out in time.
- Rhea Ripley defeated Natalya by submission.
- AJ Styles, Omos, Mace and T-Bar defeated Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods, Mansoor by pinfall.
- Doudrop defeated Eva Marie by pinfall.
- Karrion Kross spoke about how he’s not here on Raw to get lost in the shuffle. Week by week, he’s going to destroy everyone like clockwork until they learn to fall and pray.
- WWE Championship Match: Bobby Lashley retained over Randy Orton by pinfall.
- Big E then cashed in his Money in the Bank contract and defeated Bobby Lashley by pinfall to win the WWE Championship!
- Bronson Rechsteiner made his debut as Bron Breakker, challenging LA Knight to a match. Breakker defeated Knight by pinfall.
- Imperium (Marcel Barthel and Fabian Aichner) defeated Brooks Jensen and Josh Briggs by pinfall.
- B-Fab defeated Katrina Cortez by pinfall. Legado del Fantasma came out and B-Fab challenged Elektra Lopez to a match right then and there, but she didn’t oblige.
- Backstage, Odyssey Jones, Cameron Grimes, Johnny Gargano and a returning Austin Theory who brought Damian Priest in for the wedding (because you can’t have a wedding without a priest) got preppred for the wedding.
- Carmelo Hayes was interviewed by Samantha Irvin about his NXT Breakout Tournament title shot. He introduced his new partner, Trick Williams. Duke Hudson came out to say Hayes got lucky against him in the tournament and he knows it. Williams convinced Hayes to double-team beat down Hudson in retaliation.
- Kacy Catanzaro and Kayden Carter defeated Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne by disqualification due to interference from a now-brunette Mandy Rose. Sarray helped Catanzaro and Carter fight them off. This prompted a six-woman tag team match to start. Mandy Rose, Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne defeated Sarray, Kacy Catanzaro and Kayden Carter by pinfall.
- William Regal told McKenzie Mitchell that since Kyle O’Reilly was attacked backstage during the women’s tag team match in the previous segment, he’s been medically ruled out of competing in the Fatal 4-Way for the NXT Championship. However, it will still be a Fatal 4-Way, and taking his place is Von Wagoner (formerly Cal Bloom).
- Ridge Holland defeated Drake Maverick by pinfall.
- A vignette aired for Tony D’Angelo, coming soon.
- The Creed Brothers defeated Dan Jarmon and Trevor Skelly by pinfall. Malcolm Bivens hyped up Diamond Mine after the match, including formally introducing Ivy Nile as the newest member. Kushida came out to say he talks too much and Bivens proposed a Cruiserweight Championship match for next week against Roderick Strong.
- Fatal 4-Way Match for the Vacated NXT Championship: Tommaso Ciampa defeated Pete Dunne, LA Knight and Von Wagner to win the title!
- The InDex wedding was a success, despite a few hiccups. Afterward, Tommaso Ciampa was watching backstage and was approached by Bron Breakker. They congratulated each other on their success tonight and had a tense handshake.
- Jaxson Ryker defeated Drew Gulak
- Angel Garza and Humberto Carrillo defeated Lucha House Party
- Noam Dar defeated Kenny Williams 2-1 to advance to the finals of the NXT UK Heritage Cup No. 1 Contender tournament.
- A-Kid, Nathan Frazer and Rampage Brown all put their names out there for a title shot against Ilja Dragunov. They will fight in a Triple Threat match next week to determine who gets the title shot. Brown took both of them out to make a statement.
- Backstage, Isla Dawn had gone into Jinny’s dressing room and drew a pentagram on her mirror.
- Tyler Bate is keeping an eye on the tournament and his future challenger. Moustache Mountain still has their focus on the tag titles, too.
- Emilia McKenzie defeated Stevie Turner by pinfall.
- Vignette: Charlie Dempsey (formerly Bailey Matthews, son of William Regal) is coming soon.
- During the commercial break, Blair Davenport attacked Turner.
- Pretty Deadly retained the NXT UK Tag Team Championship over Gallus by pinfall
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Big E and Finn Balor defeated The Usos by pinfall.
- Rick Boogs defeated Robert Roode by pinfall. Apollo Crews and Commander Azeez attacked Boogs and Shinsuke Nakamura after the match. Crews demanded a rematch for the Intercontinental Championship.
- Baron Corbin attacked Kevin Owens before the bell could ring, so their scheduled match didn’t happen.
- Seth Rollins cut a promo on taking out Edge. “What did anyone think was going to happen?”
- Liv Morgan and Toni Storm defeated Carmella and Zelina Vega by count-out. Morgan then challenged Carmella to a match for Extreme Rules.
- Finn Balor spoke general nothings about the whole Demon King character (“I don’t summon it, it summons me” and such)
- Sami Zayn defeated Dominik Mysterio by pinfall.
- Kane honored Bianca Belair for a Knoxville homecoming. Becky Lynch interrupted. They ended up fighting, with Lynch getting the better of her.
- Valentina Feroz defeated Amari Miller by submission.
- Boa defeated Malik Blade by pinfall
- Trey Baxter defeated Andre Chase by pinfall.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!