Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- The show opened with a promo from The New Day about Big E’s title win. The Bloodline then interrupted, leading into their scheduled six-man tag team match. The Bloodline defeated The New Day by pinfall. Bobby Lashley attacked everyone and was the last man standing tall.
- Doudrop defeated Eva Marie by pinfall.
- Randy Orton defeated AJ Styles by pinfall.
- Shayna Baszler defeated Nia Jax by submission. Baszler continued to beat down Jax after the match and injured her arm.
- Angel Garza and Humberto Carrillo defeated Mansoor and Mustafa Ali by pinfall.
- Nikki A.S.H. and Rhea Ripley defeated Natalya and Tamina by pinfall to win the Women’s Tag Team Championship titles.
- Alexa Bliss and Charlotte Flair had a promo segment together talking trash to one another in the ring around the playground set. Bliss asked what Flair is without a title and reiterated how she’s a self-absorbed bitch. Flair called Bliss out on being an adult that acts like a little girl and isn’t the contender she once was. After a scuffle, Flair ripped the Charlie doll’s head off. Before she could do the same to Lilly, Bliss laid her out with a DDT.
- Drake Maverick once again created a plan for Akira Tozawa, Drew Gulak and R-Truth to try to win the 24/7 Championship, but Reggie got away.
- Jeff Hardy defeated Sheamus by pinfall to make the United States Championship match at Extreme Rules a Triple Threat match. Sheamus and Damian Priest brawled after the match since Sheamus blamed Priest on all this happening.
- Triple Threat Match: Roman Reigns defeated Big E and Bobby Lashley by pinfall.
- Tommaso Ciampa kicked off the episode with a promo in the ring alongside some of the newer members of the roster, talking about how he’s missed being champion, how the new crop of Superstars are talented and how the passionate NXT fans are the reason why he gets to do what he does. With him holding the title, NXT is now the A-show. Together, we are NXT. Cameron Grimes came out, followed by LA Knight, Pete Dunne and Ridge Holland. A brawl broke out as some more members of the roster jumped in like The Grizzled Young Veterans and Duke Hudson. The final two in the ring were Bron Breakker and Tommaso Ciampa, who challenged Dunne and Holland to a tag team match for later.
- Backstage in the locker room area, Kay Lee Ray and Elektra Lopez were fighting with B-Fab and Amari Miller.
- NXT Cruiserweight Championship Match: Roderick Strong defeated Kushida (c) by pinfall to win the title! Grayson Waller then came out to challenge Strong to a title match for next week, which Malcolm Bivens eventually accepted on Strong’s behalf.
- Vignette: Tony D’Angelo spoke about how the two things he takes seriously are business and family, but he’s added a third one to the list, which is his success in WWE.
- Vignette: Brooks Jensen and Josh Briggs explained how they became a tag team after fighting with each other at a bar.
- Kay Lee Ray defeated Amari Miller by pinfall.
- Earlier today, Xyon Quinn was flirting with two women in the parking lot. He held the door open for them and Guru Raaj tried to walk in front, saying chivalry is dead. Quinn then slammed Raaj’s face into the door.
- Dante Chen defeated Trey Baxter by pinfall.
- Andre Chase teaches some lessons through “Andre Chase University” about how Odyssey Jones came up short in the final of the NXT Breakout Tournament. An extra named Steve points out that Jones beat Chase, which makes Chase flip out.
- Joe Gacy cut a promo about wanting to make NXT a safe space and how he’s the guy to do it. This led into his match with Cameron Grimes, which Grimes won by pinfall.
- Vignette: A spotlight was put on Von Wagner, who’s journey is just beginning.
- Elektra Lopez defeated Anna Scheer by pinfall. After the match, Santos Escobar touted how Lopez completes Legado del Fantasma. Lopez said this was just a taste of what she’s going to do to B-Fab. B-Fab then jumped Lopez from behind until Legado del Fantasma and Hit Row separated them.
- Cora Jade gave Trey Baxter a kiss backstage and told him to cheer up.
- Raquel Gonzalez bumped into Franky Monet backstage. Their title match will take place next week. Lash Legend then came over to say that isn’t as big as the debut of her talk show, Lashin’ Out with Lash Legend.
- Odyssey Jones defeated Cary Millman and Darren Chiappetta by pinfall. After the match, Andre Chase hit Jones with a chair, but it broke. Chase then backed away.
- Backstage, Carmelo Hayes and Trick Williams said they’d congratulate Grayson Waller on his title match next week, but they wouldn’t mean it. Even if he won the title, he could lose it the same night to Hayes. He’s keeping his options open. Toxic Attraction then walked by and Hayes and Williams gawked at them.
- Vignette: Ikemen Jiro explained his “style strong” and showed off his jackets and such.
- Toxic Attraction addressed the NXT Universe. Mandy Rose came to NXT to be a gift and a golden goddess to the brand—someone the fans could never be with, but love to look at. Then, when her face was “batteredly and beaten”, nobody did anything but ridicule her. Toxic Attraction is going to take over. Mandy’s experience gives Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne purpose and direction. If you think they’re just pretty faces in a crowd and they’d sit in the back and wait for an opportunity, you’ve got another thing coming. What they want is the NXT Women’s Tag Team Championships, so Zoey Stark and Io Shirai have an ass kicking waiting for them. Backstage, Shirai said she doesn’t like them, so they’re on. Stark pointed out that this should be a conversation they have together and not just something Io makes a call on. Persia Pirotta then said she and Indi Hartwell are looking at those titles, too.
- Bron Breakker and Tommaso Ciampa defeated Pete Dunne and Ridge Holland by pinfall.
- Cedric Alexander defeated Lince Dorado
- Karrion Kross defeated Ricochet
- Wolfgang defeated Teoman 2-1 to advance to the final of the NXT UK Heritage Cup #1 Contender Tournament against Noam Dar.
- Blair Davenport threatened that she can be punished, but bad things will continue to happen and that she should be reinstated.
- Earlier at the Performance Center, Sam Gradwell vandalized Subculture’s logo.
- During the break, Gallus celebrated Wolfgang’s win in Jordan Devlin’s personal locker room, then pushed him out of it.
- Jinny defeated Isla Dawn by pinfall.
- Xia Brookside approached Dani Luna while Dani was training and challenged her to a match, as they haven’t faced each other before.
- Vignette: Charlie Dempsey is going to show people something they haven’t seen before, even though he’s inspired by the wrestling holds of the past. He’s going to redebut next week.
- Earlier this week at the Performance Center, Trent Seven spoke to Oliver Carter and Ashton Smith about them having a match against Moustache Mountain next week.
- It was announced that Jordan Devlin will face Joe Coffey next week, too.
- A-Kid defeated both Nathan Frazer and Rampage Brown in a Triple Threat match to become the No. 1 contender to Ilja Dragunov’s NXT UK Championship.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- The show opened with a promo from Becky Lynch, which Bianca Belair interrupted. After some trash talk, they came to blows and Belair stood tall.
- Intercontinental Championship Match: Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Apollo Crews by pinfall to retain the title.
- Seth Rollins wants Edge to show up on SmackDown next week and to declare that he isn’t an “Edge-lite”, but that Rollins is superior to him in every way.
- Zelina Vega defeated Liv Morgan by pinfall.
- Baron Corbin hosted his own talk show, Happy Talk, with himself as his guest. Kevin Owens interrupted but was jumped by Riddick Moss, who double-teamed Owens with Corbin.
- Nikki A.S.H. defeated Natalya by pinfall.
- Naomi went to the ring and called out for Sonya Deville to book her in a match. Deville got security to take Naomi away.
- Roman Reigns defeated Montez Ford by submission. After the match, Finn Balor in his demon getup attacked The Bloodline and gained some momentum heading into Extreme Rules.
- Xyon Quinn defeated Oney Lorcan
- Ikeman Jiro defeated Malik Blade
- Ember Moon defeated Cora Jade
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!