Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Big E vs. Bobby Lashley for the WWE Championship kicked off the show, but ended in a disqualification as The Hurt Business reformed and brawled with The New Day. Adam Pearce came out and said they would run it back for the title again later in the night inside a steel cage.
- Angel Garza defeated Erik by pinfall.
- Reggie retained the 24/7 Championship over Ricochet by disqualification when Drew Gulak, R-Truth and Akira Tozawa went after Reggie as per Drake Maverick’s direction to try to circumvent the 24/7 rule being suspended and get a leg up on him. They failed to snare the title.
- Akira Tozawa demanded a match tonight against Drew Gulak, R-Truth, Drake Maverick or anyone. It doesn’t matter. Keith “Bearcat” Lee then came out and squashed him by pinfall.
- No Disqualification Match: Damian Priest defeated Sheamus by pinfall to retain the United States Championship.
- Six-Man Tag Team Match: Jinder Mahal, Shanky and Veer defeated Jeff Hardy, Mansoor and Mustafa Ali by pinfall.
- Karrion Kross defeated Jaxson Ryker by submission.
- AJ Styles defeated Riddle by pinfall.
- Open Challenge: Charlotte Flair retained the Raw Women’s Championship over Doudrop by pinfall due to a distraction by Eva Marie that helped her nail Natural Selection. After the match, Flair clotheslined Eva Marie, as she didn’t want her taking the spotlight. Following the commercial break, Eva Marie cut a promo on how she would have won the title if she had the opportunity that Doudrop just failed at. Shayna Baszler then came out and attacked Eva Marie, stomping on her arm with the steel steps like she had done to Nia Jax. The crowd chanted “one more time” and then booed when it didn’t happen.
- Steel Cage Match: Big E defeated Bobby Lashley by pinfall to retain the WWE Championship.
- The show opened with a promo from Hit Row hyping the lineup for tonight.
- No Disqualification Match: Elektra Lopez defeated B-Fab by pinfall.
- Johnny Gargano dressed up as a shark to try to scare InDex off from getting too intimate during their honeymoon on the beach.
- Joe Gacy says he made a huge impact last week and he’s not been cancelled. He speaks for the enlightened ones while everyone else is living in a darkened, obsolete world. Last week, he saw nothing but triggered faces in the locker room, but he doesn’t understand. Joe Gacy is inclusive and all these conflicts can be solved with their words. He’s here to usher in a new normal for the world. Thank you for your open minds.
- “The Samoan Ghost” Xyon Quinn defeated Oney Lorcan by pinfall.
- MSK spoke about how they’re fighting champions no matter if it’s the old guard or the new guard. Grizzled Young Veterans interrupted, followed by Carmelo Hayes and Trick Williams, then Josh Briggs and Brooks Jensen. A brawl ensued with the four babyfaces gaining an advantage and MSK standing tall with the championships in the ring.
- Backstage, Raquel Gonzalez’s interview hyping her match with Franky Monet was interrupted by Toxic Attraction. Mandy Rose said the belt looks good on her, but it’ll look much better on Rose.
- NXT Women’s Tag Team Championship Match: Io Shirai and Zoey Stark retained the titles over Toxic Attraction (Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne) by pinfall.
- Vignette: Bron Breakker’s goal is to be NXT champion and he’s not a patient guy. Tommaso Ciampa responded by saying he knows their match will happen at some point, but when it does, Breakker is going to drown in an ocean of inexperience.
- Boa defeated Andre Chase by pinfall.
- NXT Cruiserweight Championship Match: Roderick Strong (c) retained over Grayson Waller by pinfall.
- Backstage, LA Knight and Odyssey Jones got into a scuffle. They’ll face each other next week.
- Vignette: There was a quick profile on Dante Chen.
- Backstage, Cora Jade and Trey Baxter were interviewed by McKenzie Mitchell. Jade is only 20 and she’s hoping to turn this place into hers over time. Baxter tells her not to do anything he did when he lost last week and they kiss.
- Lashing Out with Lash Legend: She spoke about how she once had a rebound record to get herself a WMBA draft spot, suggested Cora Jade should start dating Ikemen Jiro instead of Trey Baxter and made fun of Andre Chase.
- Kyle O’Reilly defeated Ridge Holland by pinfall. After the match, Von Wagner came out to help O’Reilly fight off Holland and Pete Dunne.
- Vignette: Tony D’Angelo explained how he gets a call once in a while to help out his cousin Richie when there’s a problem at the docks with some wiseguys trying to steal from him.
- NXT Women’s Championship Match: Raquel Gonzalez (c) retained over Franky Monet by pinfall. After the match, Toxic Attraction attacked Monet and her crew. They then went after Gonzalez, who succumbed to the numbers game.
- Mace defeated a local talent
- John Morrison defeated Drew Gulak
- Moustache Mountain defeated Ashton Smith and Oliver Carter by pinfall.
- At the Performance Center, Jinny and Joseph Conners talked some trash to Emilia McKenzie while she was training with Meiko Satomura.
- Nina Samuels interviewed Dave Mastiff and Jack Starz about how they brawled with Symbiosis during the opening tag team match, but kept trying to make the interview about herself.
- Dani Luna defeated Xia Brookside by pinfall.
- Stevie Turner told Sid Scala he should reinstate Blair Davenport and she’ll personally make sure he never has to suspend her again.
- Sam Gradwell talked trash about Mark Andrews and they started to get into a scuffle before it was broken up.
- Charlie Dempsey defeated Josh Morrell by submission.
- Ilja Dragunov and A-Kid spoke to each other about their upcoming title match, sharing respect but letting the other know they plan on winning.
- A video package hyped the No. 1 Contender tournament finals for the Heritage Cup between Wolfgang and Noam Dar.
- Joe Coffey defeated Jordan Devlin by pinfall.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- For draft picks, click here.
- Roman Reigns and Paul Heyman cut a promo about The Tribal Chief being picked first and retaining his title at Extreme Rules over Finn Balor, as well as hyping his match with Brock Lesnar for Crown Jewel. Lesnar came out, they scuffled and Reigns walked off, allowing Lesnar to take out The Usos for a statement.
- Baron Corbin defeated Kevin Owens by pinfall.
- Edge came out for a promo. Seth Rollins appeared on the TitanTron to show that he’s actually at Edge’s home. Edge ran backstage and called Beth Phoenix to tell her to go to her brother’s with the girls instead of going home.
- Liv Morgan vs Carmella didn’t get started as Carmella went after Morgan before the bell sounded.
- The New Day and The Street Profits defeated Alpha Academy and Dirty Dawgs by pinfall.
- Roman Reigns told Paul Heyman he needs to make sure The Usos get drafted to SmackDown. If not, Jimmy and Jey are instructed to “leave him for dead” on Raw.
- Sasha Banks defeated Bianca Belair by pinfall. Charlotte Flair then attacked Belair and Banks to make a statement and pose with her title, as Becky Lynch posed with hers ringside.
- Dante Chen defeated Malik Blade
- Amari Miller defeated Valentina Feroz
- Marcel Barthel and Fabian Aichner defeated Ikemen Jiro and Trey Baxter
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!