Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- For draft results, click here.
- The show opened with a promo from Becky Lynch, Charlotte Flair, and Bianca Belair talking trash to set up Belair vs. Flair for later.
- United States Championship Match: Damian Priest retained over Jeff Hardy by pinfall. After the match, Austin Theory came out to fanboy and ask Hardy for a selfie, then attacked The Charismatic Enigma and took another selfie posing with Hardy laid out.
- Shayna Baszler defeated Dana Brooke by submission. Doudrop stopped Baszler from attacking Brooke after the match.
- Angel Garza and Humberto Carrillo defeated Mansoor and Mustafa Ali by pinfall.
- Big E and Drew McIntyre defeated Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode by pinfall.
- Backstage, members of the roster tried to snatch the 24/7 Championship from Reggie, who escaped their clutches. Apollo Crews told Commander Azeez he knew it would be exciting being drafted to Raw.
- Kevin Owens was ready to cut a promo until Akira Tozawa came out, interrupted and was looking for a 24/7 Championship match. Owens gave him a stunner and went to the back.
- Super Brutality defeated Natalya and Tamina by pinfall.
- Goldberg and Bobby Lashley talked trash to each other and confirmed a No Holds Barred match for Crown Jewel.
- The New Day (Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) defeated The Hurt Business (Cedric Alexander and Shelton Benjamin) by pinfall. After the match, The Street Profits came out to congratulate The New Day and announce themselves to be rejoining Raw.
- Randy Orton’s challenge to Omos didn’t play through. Instead, AJ Styles and Omos temporarily fought with RK-Bro with the babyfaces getting the advantage.
- Bianca Belair defeated Charlotte Flair by disqualification after interference from Becky Lynch. Sasha Banks then came out to attack Lynch and stand tall among the wreckage.
- Mandy Rose defeated Ember Moon by pinfall.
- LA Knight defeated Odyssey Jones by pinfall with some help from Andre Chase pushing Jones’s foot away from the ropes, which would have broken up the pinfall.
- Backstage, Cameron Grimes was interviewed by McKenzie Mitchell about how love is in the air and it makes him want to find a love of his own. Pete Dunne and Ridge Holland interrupted, with Dunne challenging Grimes to a match. Grimes then hit on two pretty girls who were just hanging out there.
- Also backstage, Kyle O’Reilly and Von Wagner talked to each other about some mutual respect even in the lack of trust in this environment.
- Tommaso Ciampa spoke on Halloween Havoc returning October 26th, Bron Breakker and wondering who has the balls to take his NXT Championship. Breakker then came out to say he wants to be the champion. Ciampa accepted the challenge and said he has three weeks to go from an intern to a PHD.
- Indi Hartwell and Persia Pirotta gossiped about Indi’s honeymoon, the size of Dexter Lumis and how much she “wore him out” so that he isn’t at NXT tonight. They accidentally walked into a room with smoke in it that occupied Tian Sha. Boa told them to get out.
- Joe Gacy defeated Ikemen Jiro by pinfall. After the match, Gacy pulled Jiro up from the mat and hugged him.
- Vignette: Duke Hudson’s new character is a professional poke player.
- Cora Jade’s NXT 2.0 debut was set to be against Virginia Ferry, but Franky Monet attacked Ferry to replace her. Jade defeated Monet by pinfall.
- Backstage, the four teams competing in the title match tonight had a brawl and it was changed to an elimination match.
- McKenzie Mitchell spoke to Tommaso Ciampa about Halloween Havoc. Joe Gacy interrupted to say he wants to be included in the hunt for the NXT Championship. Ciampa said if Gacy beats him next week, he’ll be added to the match at Halloween Havoc. He then promised Gacy that next week, the ring won’t be a safe space.
- Pete Dunne defeated Cameron Grimes by pinfall.
- Earlier in the night, Santos Escobar challenged Isaiah “Swerve” Scott to an NXT North American Championship match. Hit Row spoke about being drafted to SmackDown and Scott accepted the challenge.
- Tony D’Angelo defeated Malik Blade by pinfall
- Indi Hartwell defeated Mei Ying by pinfall.
- Lash Legend was hyping her show next week to some people backstage. Tony D’Angelo came over to say she should have him on her show if she really wants viewers. Legend took credit for Facebook’s problems yesterday, saying she broke the internet.
- A vignette on Diamond Mine showed off all the members and what makes them so dominant.
- Raquel Gonzalez cut a promo on how she’s going to get revenge on Mandy Rose, who then interrupted with Toxic Attraction to talk about how they’re going to take over. They’re not just Toxic Attraction, they’re THE attraction. Zoey Stark and Io Shirai came out to help back up Gonzalez before a fight could break out. Toxic Attraction chose to leave instead of scrap.
- Backstage, Von Wagner told Kyle O’Reilly they have a tag team match against Pete Dunne and Ridge Holland next week. “Whether you like it or not, I’m the only one who’s got your back right now.”
- NXT Tag Team Championship Fatal 4-Way Elimination Match: Carmelo Hayes and Trick Williams was eliminated first, followed by Grizzled Young Veterans, then Josh Briggs and Brooks Jensen. MSK retained the titles. Briggs and Jensen showed respect to MSK after the match despite their disappointment, then backed them up after Imperium attacked MSK from behind.
- Karrion Kross defeated Ricochet
- T-Bar and Mace defeated The Viking Raiders
- Jinny defeated Emilia McKenzie by pinfall. Meiko Satomura came out after the match in support of McKenzie and then posed with the title to flaunt it in front of Jinny, who seems to be poised to be the next challenger.
- Sid Scala reinstated Blair Davenport as per Stevie Turner’s request. He warns her any future misbehavior won’t be tolerated. She says she wants to make one thing clear to him, which is that she always gets what she wants.
- Sam Gradwell defeated Mark Andrews by pinfall.
- Backstage, Flash Morgan Webster slapped Sha Samuels and ran off.
- NXT UK Heritage Cup #1 Contender Tournament Final: Noam Dar defeated Wolfgang to earn a title shot.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Contract signing: Becky Lynch, Bianca Belair and Sasha Banks talked trash and fought. Belair took them both out to stand tall.
- King of the Ring Tournament Round 1 Match: Sami Zayn defeated Rey Mysterio by pinfall to advance.
- A segment basically revolved around reminding everyone what Seth Rollins did last week and then Rollins saying almost nothing but that that happened. It was just a means to milk last week and remind people without actually doing anything else.
- Queen’s Crown Tournament Round 1 Match: Zelina Vega defeated Toni Storm by pinfall to advance.
- Promo: Roman Reigns and Paul Heyman had a chat about Brock Lesnar, ending with Reigns telling Heyman to look at the camera and tell Brock about how he’s going to lose.
- Queen’s Crown Tournament Round 1 Match: Carmella defeated Liv Morgan by pinfall to advance.
- Kayla Braxton interviewed Mace about being drafted to SmackDown without T-Bar. He says he’s not coming here to compete, but to annihilate.
- Kevin Owens interrupted Happy Talk with Baron Corbin and Madcap Moss almost immediately and quickly was beaten down by the two of them.
- Naomi argued with Sonya Deville about why she’s not in the Queen’s Crown tournament. Deville said she has a match next week against her.
- King of the Ring Tournament Round 1 Match: Finn Balor defeated Cesaro by pinfall to advance.
- Seth Rollins called out Edge. After a long while, The Rated-R Superstar went after him. They brawled until Rollins was able to run off. Edge then grabbed a mic and said “You. Me. Hell in a Cell.”
- Sarray defeated Amari Miller
- The Creed Brothers defeated Andrew Lockhart and Demetri Jackson
- Grayson Waller defeated Trey Baxter
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!