Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Keith Lee beat Dolph Ziggler by pinfall. Aleister Black jumped Kevin Owens before his match with Randy Orton, which allowed Orton to beat Owens quickly by pinfall, and Seth Rollins beat Dominik Mysterio by pinfall. All three winners (Lee, Orton and Rollins) fought in the main event in a triple threat No. 1 contender’s match with Orton pinning Rollins to win. Orton will face Drew McIntyre for the WWE Championship at Clash of Champions as a result.
- Asuka spoke about wanting to know who her next challenger is. Mickie James came out to say she wanted a title shot. Natalya and Lana followed and that set up a match where James beat Lana by pinfall.
- After Cedric Alexander and The Viking Raiders interrupted a VIP Lounge, that trio beat The Hurt Business in a six-man tag team match by pinfall. Then, they attacked Alexander backstage.
- The Riott Squad beat The IIconics by pinfall to not only earn a tag title shot, but also force Peyton Royce and Billie Kay to disband as a tag team.
- On Raw Underground, Titus O’Neil beat two people and then lost to Riddick Moss.
- R-Truth beat Akira Tozawa to win the 24/7 Championship in the parking lot earlier in the day.
- A Tornado Tag Team match between Andrade and Angel Garza with Zelina Vega against The Street Profits was a no-contest as RETRIBUTION attacked. Garza ran off with Demi Burnett and tried to claim he was doing it for her safety, but when they came across more RETRIBUTION members backstage, Garza ran away, abandoning her.
- On Raw Underground, Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir took two people out. Then, Peyton Royce tossed Billie Kay into the ring and told her “You’ve got this!” but she immediately got knocked out by a kick from Duke. Then, The Hurt Business all beat Apollo Crews, Ricochet and Cedric Alexander.
- Six-Man Street Fight Match: Breezango and Isaiah “Swerve” Scott defeated Legado del Fantasma by pinfall even with Imperium’s Fabian Aichner and Marcel Barthel attacking the new tag team champions during the match.
- Candice LeRae defeated Kacy Catanzaro by pinfall
- Rhea Ripley wants to fight Mercedes Martinez in a steel cage match. That will happen next week.
- Timothy Thatcher defeated Bronson Reed by submission with some help from Austin Theory interfering and attacking Reed.
- Fatal 4-Way 60-Minute Iron Man Match for the NXT Championship: Adam Cole vs Finn Balor vs. Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa was a tie with Cole and Balor at 2 and Ciampa and Gargano at 1. Next week, Cole vs Balor will determine the new champion.
- Humberto Carrillo defeated Akira Tozawa by pinfall
- Ricochet defeated Mustafa Ali by pinfall.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Paul Heyman and Roman Reigns started the show with a promo about their partnership, Reigns as champion and the future challenger.
- Heavy Machinery beat The Miz and John Morrison by pinfall. Morrison then ran off with the Money in the Bank briefcase. Instead of going after him and trying to get it back, Otis and Tucker just looked upset and watched him stand on the entrance ramp. Turns out Otis doesn’t keep the contract in that briefcase. Instead, Morrison only stole a sandwich, some cotton swabs and a stapler. Otis keeps the contract in a lunchbox.
- Sheamus jumped Big E backstage, ruining Xavier Woods’ birthday cake and giving Big E a White Noise on a car’s windshield. He was taken out of the Fatal 4-Way match as a result and replaced by Jey Uso.
- Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler retained the women’s tag titles over Bayley and Sasha Banks by pinfall. Post-match, Bayley turned on Sasha and attacked her, further messing up her knee and stomping on her while she was wrapped up in a chair.
- AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy and Sami Zayn all fought with each other over who is the rightful intercontinental champion.
- A vignette aired of a woman’s heels.
- Bray Wyatt said that next week, a brand new friend is coming to the Firefly Fun House.
- Alexa Bliss apologized to Nikki Cross and they hugged, awkwardly. Rambling Rabbit was seen in the background.
- Fatal 4-Way No. 1 Contender’s Match: Jey Uso defeated King Corbin, Matt Riddle and Sheamus by pinfall to earn a shot at Roman Reigns for Clash of Champions.
- Ariya Daivari defeated Tehuti Miles by pinfall.
- Mansoor defeated Colby Corino by pinfall.
- Ever-Rise vs Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan was a no-contest after Legado del Fantasma interfered and attacked both teams.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!