Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Drew McIntyre interrupted a Randy Orton promo to start the show by attacking him.
- Cedric Alexander turned on Ricochet and Apollo Crews to join The Hurt Business, who beat them in a six-man tag by pinfall. Then, after a VIP Lounge segment, The Hurt Business won an eight-man tag against Crews, Ricochet and The Viking Raiders.
- The Street Profits beat Angel Garza and Andrade. Garza was arguing with them and left. Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura then challenged The Street Profits to a champion vs champion match for next week.
- R-Truth avoided a ninja attack.
- Peyton Royce beat Billie Kay by pinfall.
- Asuka and Mickie James beat Nataya and Lana by submission.
- Randy Orton beat Keith Lee by DQ due to McIntyre attacking Orton again. He even attacked him a third time later and sent Orton away in an ambulance.
- The Riott Squad beat Shayna Baszler in a handicap match by pinfall and then fought Nia Jax to a no-contest that was interrupted by RETRIBUTION turning all the lights off and cutting a promo about their mission to take out the WWE superstars.
- Dominik Mysterio beat Murphy by submission in a street fight as he and the rest of his family kept attacking Murphy with kendo sticks.
- NXT Championship Match: Finn Balor defeated Adam Cole by pinfall to win the title.
- Backstage, Robert Stone had a baseball bat and was about to wreck Shotzi Blackheart’s tank when Shotzi caught him. Aliyah then attacked Shotzi and the two of them spilled into Io Shirai’s photo shoot, which brought the NXT women’s champion into the mix. Io and Shotzi fought with Aliyah and took her out, along with Robert Stone. Shotzi then posed with the title as a sign that she’s coming for it and Io grabbed it back.
- Tegan Nox came over to Candice LeRae and Johnny Gargano’s place.
- Timothy Thatcher thinks life grinds you down until you tap out, just like what he’s going to do to Damian Priest.
- Velveteen Dream defeated Ashantee Adonis by pinfall and was then attacked by Kushida.
- Next Wednesday, Imperium gets a shot at winning the NXT Tag Team Championship back.
- Bronson Reed defeated Austin Theory by pinfall.
- Roderick Strong defeated Killian Dain by pinfall. After the match, Bobby Fish and Strong kept beating on Dain until Drake Maverick came out to help. However, when Maverick offered a handshake, Dain punched him in the face.
- Tegan Nox and Candice LeRae can’t see eye to eye and threw some food at each other.
- Next week, Timothy Thatcher gets his North American title match and Io Shirai will fight Shotzi Blackheart.
- Steel Cage Match: Rhea Ripley defeated Mercedes Martinez by pinfall.
- Mustafa Ali defeated Akira Tozawa by pinfall
- Riddick Moss defeated Humberto Carrillo by pinfall.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Roman Reigns, Paul Heyman and Jey Uso opened the show with a promo about the upcoming universal title match at Clash of Champions. Reigns said he will whoop Jey’s ass just like when they were kids. King Corbin and Sheamus interrupted to say this is a case of nepotism that Jey was tossed into the No. 1 contender’s match.
- Sami Zayn attacked both Jeff Hardy and AJ Styles to ruin their intercontinental title match. Hardy then passed out for what was referred to as dehydration.
- Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura lost by pinfall to Lucha House Party due to a distraction by The Street Profits.
- Nikki Cross will face Bayley at Clash of Champions as she beat Alexa Bliss, Lacey Evans and Tamina in a No. 1 contender’s Fatal 4-Way match.
- Otis beat John Morrison by pinfall. The Miz tried to steal the lunchbox with the Money in the Bank contract in it, but it was another decoy, as this one just had an apple core in it.
- On Firefly Fun House, the Vince McMahon brought in a new member of the puppet crew: Wobbly Walrus, which is a parody of Paul Heyman. This new puppet replaced Pasqually the Persevering Parrot, who died when Wyatt didn’t poke holes in the box he was hiding in.
- Jey Uso and Roman Reigns defeated Sheamus and King Corbin by pinfall.
- The Brian Kendrick defeated Ashante “Thee” Adonis by submission.
- Ever-Rise defeated Andrew Lockhart and Erik Lockhart by pinfall.
- Raul Mendoza and Joaquin Wilde defeated Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch by pinfall
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!