Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- The show opened with a promo from The Bloodline, who got attacked by RK-Bro and Drew McIntyre.
- Six-Man Tag Team Match: Kevin Owens and Alpha Academy defeated Ezekiel and The Street Profits by pinfall.
- Veer Mahaan defeated Burt Hanson by submission and continued to beat down his opponent after the match.
- AJ Styles defeated Damian Priest by pinfall, meaning Priest is banned from ringside for Sunday. Finn Balor came out after the match to help Styles fight off Edge and Priest.
- MizTV: Mustafa Ali was The Miz’s guest. This led to a champion contender’s handicap match where Theory and The Miz defeated Mustafa Ali by pinfall. Ali was then attacked by Ciampa after the match.
- Earlier before Raw started, Nikki A.S.H. won the 24/7 Championship from Dana Brooke, as shown in footage. Brooke then won the title back and after Reggie tried to pin her for the title, Brooke said she wants a divorce.
- Seth Rollins cut a promo on how he’ll beat Cody Rhodes at Backlash. You can’t steal his spotlight because he IS the spotlight. After Rhodes came out and traded some more words, they fought.
- Bobby Lashley defeated Cedric Alexander by submission.
- Six-Woman Tag Team Match: Bianca Belair, Liv Morgan and Asuka defeated Sonya Deville, Rhea Ripley and Becky Lynch by pinfall.
- Cameron Grimes retained the NXT North American Championship over Carmelo Hayes and Solo Sikoa by pinfall (on Sikoa).
- Wendy Choo sabotaged Mandy Rose’s tanning session, making her suffer a deep burn.
- Roderick Strong chastised the rest of Diamond Mine again and seems to be making enemies out of at least The Creed Brothers, who looked annoyed.
- Indi Hartwell sadly looked at her wedding ring, now that Dexter Lumis is gone from NXT. Duke Hudson, who also lost Persia Pirotta, approached her. He momentarily went for a kiss, but Indi pulled back. Hudson acted like he wasn’t into that, either.
- Nathan Frazer defeated Grayson Waller by pinfall. Andre Chase caused a distraction with an air horn that Frazer was able to capitalize on.
- Tony D’Angelo and Santos Escobar had their sit-down with their crews. Escobar suggested they join up and D’Angelo follows his lead, which D’Angelo was offended by. Santos then offered a truce, which Tony agreed to, but the tension is still there.
- Cora Jade and Nikkita Lyons defeated Natalya and Lash Legend by pinfall submission.
- At the beach, Wendy Choo and Roxanne Perez took Gigi Dolin’s and Jacy Jayne’s flip flops and car keys and…moved them to the car. All of this just for Dolin and Jayne to walk on the hotter surface. Riveting.
- The Creed Brothers defeated The Viking Raiders by pinfall. Roderick Strong interfered to help Brutus and Julius win. However, once they realized this, The Creed Brothers were upset with Strong for doing that.
- In the parking lot, Escobar kneed AJ Galante and had the rest of Legado del Fantasma put him into a car and drive off.
- Alba Fyre (Kay Lee Ray) was advertised for next week.
- Brooks Jensen will miss 6-8 weeks of recovery time for his injury. The implication was that his right hand’s muscles are stronger than his left and that helped offset the injury from being worse.
- Bron Breakker retained the NXT Championship over Joe Gacy by pinfall.
- Commander Azeez defeated T-Bar
- Ciampa defeated Apollo Crews
- Noam Dar had Lash Legend on Supernova Sessions.
- Tiger Turan defeated Tate Mayfairs.
- Damon Kemp defeated Danny Jones.
- World of Darkness Match: Meiko Satomura retained the NXT UK Women’s Championship over Isla Dawn.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Charlotte Flair wanted some revenge against Aliyah for failing the Beat the Clock Challenge from last week. Flair ended up brawling with Ronda Rousey until they were broken apart by officials.
- Shayna Baszler defeated Sasha Banks by pinfall.
- Madcap Moss interrupted Happy Talk to crack jokes about Baron Corbin. Then, Corbin just left.
- Gunther defeated Drew Gulak by pinfall.
- Tables Match: Sheamus and Ridge Holland defeated The New Day.
- Sami Zayn defeated Shinsuke Nakamura by count-out.
- RK-Bro and The Bloodline had a face-to-face.
NXT LEVEL UP
- Ivy Nile and Tatum Paxley defeated Sarray and Erica Yan
- Sloane Jacobs defeated Thea Hail
- Channing Lorenzo and Troy Donovan defeated Dante Chen and Javier Bernal.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!