Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Becky Lynch started the show with an in-ring promo about giving Asuka the Raw Women’s Championship in 2020 and the upcoming triple threat at Hell in a Cell. Asuka and Bianca Belair came out to talk trash back and it led to a brawl.
- Bianca Belair defeated Asuka by pinfall.
- Ezekiel and The Mysterios defeated Kevin Owens and Alpha Academy by pinfall.
- Promo: Cody Rhodes spoke about his Hell in a Cell match against Seth Rollins coming up this Sunday. Rollins appeared in the crowd to talk trash. Then, they started to fight until officials broke them up.
- Alexa Bliss defeated Doudrop by pinfall.
- The Street Profits interrupted MizTV, which broke down into a bunch of Superstars chasing Dana Brooke for the 24/7 Championship. Tamina pinned Brooke to win the title. Then, Akira Tozawa pinned Tamina to win the title.
- Mustafa Ali defeated Ciampa by disqualification due to interference by Theory. Ali has earned a future United States Championship title shot, which Theory said would take place immediately. Theory retained his title by pinfall.
- Championship Contender’s Match: Riddle and Shinsuke Nakamura defeated The Usos by disqualification to earn a title shot.
- Liv Morgan defeated Rhea Ripley by pinfall.
- Contract signing: Bobby Lashley and Omos. Lashley came out on top of the obligatory brawl.
- Pretty Deadly defeated Diamond Mine (Damon Kemp and Roderick Strong) by pinfall.
- Backstage, Solo Sikoa told Cameron Grimes he has his back to make sure Carmelo Hayes and Trick Williams don’t do anything. But he reminds Grimes he has next for the title. Duke Hudson came over to say Sikoa isn’t on his level, setting up a match for later.
- Earlier today, also backstage, Grayson Waller was talking down to NXT stars about how they could all learn from Tiffany Stratton. Josh Briggs interrupted and offered to give him a country ass whoopin’.
- In another sit-down, Tony D’Angelo and Santos Escobar agreed to a match this Saturday at In Your House. Whoever wins the six-man tag team match will join the other faction.
- Cora Jade defeated Elektra Lopez by pinfall.
- Backstage, Sanga tried to hype up and support Wes Lee for his match with Xyon Quinn.
- Wes Lee defeated Xyon Quinn by pinfall.
- Backstage, Roderick Strong flipped out at The Creed Brothers for “costing them the match” earlier. Strong is mad that he would have won by a disqualification and he knows what’s best for Diamond Mine. If The Creed Brothers don’t beat Pretty Deadly for the tag titles at In Your House, they’re out of Diamond Mine.
- Women’s Championship Summit: Toxic Attraction talked trash with Wendy Choo, Katana Chance and Kayden Carter until it broke down into a fight, as per every single contract signing in the history of pro wrestling, basically. The challengers stood call with the title belts at the end of the brawl.
- Kiana James told Ivy Nile that according to her numbers, The Creed Brothers have a 12% chance to win, and once they’re out of Diamond Mine, they’ll need to recruit more members. This upset Nile, who is backing Julius and Brutus.
- Solo Sikoa defeated Duke Hudson by pinfall.
- Now that Thea Hail has graduated from high school, she’s had to make a choice of where to go next. After thinking about it, she’s decided to enroll in Andre Chase University.
- Grayson Waller defeated Josh Briggs by pinfall with help from a distraction by Von Wagner and Sofia Cromwell.
- Ivy Nile defeated Kiana James by pinfall.
- Cameron Grimes defeated Nathan Frazer by pinfall.
- R-Truth defeated T-Bar
- Apollo Crews defeated Akira Tozawa
- Von Wagner defeated Sam Gradwell by pinfall.
- Mark Andrews fought with Kenny Williams in the parking lot.
- Stevie Turner defeated Angel Hayze by pinfall.
- Meiko Satomura gave Emilia McKenzie a pep talk backstage.
- East End Bookie: Sha Samuels and Noam Dar talked about their upcoming match against Wolfgang and Damon Kemp.
- Ashton Smith and Oliver Carter won the NXT UK Tag Team Championship by defeating Moustache Mountain and Die Familie in a Triple Threat Match.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Brawling Brutes defeated The New Day and Drew McIntyre by pinfall.
- Max Dupri told Adam Pearce that he’ll unveil his first client next week.
- Jinder Mahal defeated Humberto by pinfall.
- Six Pack Challenge: Natalya defeated Aliyah, Shayna Baszler, Shotzi, Raquel Rodriguez and Xia Li to become the No. 1 contender to the SmackDown Women’s Championship.
- Madcap Moss and Happy Corbin had a promo that led into a match which ended in a disqualification win for Corbin. But Adam Pearce then announced Corbin will face Moss at Hell in a Cell in a No Holds Barred match.
- The Usos retained the tag titles over Riddle and Shinsuke Nakamura (who was taken out mid-match) by pinfall with some help from a distraction by Sami Zayn playing Roman Reigns’ music.
NXT LEVEL UP
- Fallon Henley defeated Brooklyn Barlow
- Tatum Paxley defeated Sloane Jacobs
- Malik Blade and Edris Enofe defeated Dante Chen and Javier Bernal
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!