Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Cody Rhodes opened the show with a promo about wrestling last night with a torn pec. Seth Rollins came out to shake his hand and say he’s earned his respect, only to then attack him.
- Dana Brooke pinned Akira Tozawa to win the 24/7 Championship. She then successfully defended it against Becky Lynch after Asuka interfered and held Becky’s leg down for the pin without the referee noticing.
- MizTV with Riddle had Ciampa jump Riddle, for some reason. That then led to a match where Riddle beat The Miz by pinfall.
- Championship Contender’s Match: The Street Profits defeated The Usos by pinfall to earn a future title shot.
- Bobby Lashley’s promo was interrupted by Theory. Lashley suggested they fight and Theory put the title on the line, but Theory wasn’t interested.
- Veer Mahaan defeated Dominik Mysterio by disqualification after Rey Mysterio interfered.
- Finn Balor joined The Judgment Day. Then, Damian Priest said he, Balor and Rhea Ripley were finally ready to rid themselves of what is holding them back…Edge. The three of them took out The Rated-R Superstar.
- Omos squashed Cedric Alexander by pinfall. Then, for some reason, Dirty Dawgs got a quick interview segment and Omos and MVP chased after them for disrespecting their screen time.
- Ezekiel defeated Otis by pinfall. Ezekiel challenged Kevin Owens to a rematch. Owens said he would only accept if Ezekiel admitted he was Elias. Ezekiel said that’s true, was granted the match, and then said that he lied and he actually is Ezekiel.
- Rhea Ripley beat Alexa Bliss, Doudrop and Liv Morgan to earn a Raw Women’s Championship match at Money in the Bank.
- Carmelo Hayes kicked off the show with a promo about winning the North American Championship at In Your House. He was interrupted by Solo Sikoa (who has next, if you didn’t remember) and then Grayson Waller, who doesn’t like the idea of Sikoa getting a title shot just because he wants one and he’s related to The Bloodline. Waller, Hayes and Trick Williams beat down Sikoa.
- Josh Briggs defeated Von Wagner by pinfall with some help from using the Brooks Jensen’s cast.
- Nathan Frazer defeated Santos Escobar by pinfall.
- Xyon Quinn said Wes Lee got lucky with his win last week. They will have a rematch next week.
- Bron Breakker cut a promo on NXT being special. Who is going to step up and challenge him next? Out came Apollo Crews! Crews says he left NXT too early and still has things he wanted to accomplish on this brand. Winning the NXT Championship is clearly on his list, so he has his eyes on the champion.
- Next week, Joe Gacy’s druids will compete in the ring for the first time.
- NXT Women’s Breakout Tournament Finals: Roxanne Perez defeated Tiffany Stratton by pinfall. Mandy Rose came out to say if Perez is thinking about using her title shot on Rose, she’ll fail, just like Cora Jade did. Jade, Perez and Indi Hartwell teamed up to send Toxic Attraction packing.
- Pretty Deadly defeated Chase University by pinfall.
- Alba Fyre defeated Tatum Paxley by pinfall. Lash Legend attacked Fyre after the match.
- Roderick Strong praised The Creed Brothers for winning the tag titles. After congratulating them and going in for a group hug, Malik Blade and Edris Enofe interrupted to say they want to earn a title shot. The Creed Brothers happily agreed for next week, which upset Strong, who thinks they should earn it instead of just being given an opportunity for free. Strong chastised them as being lucky to be champs. He was going to give them one mistake as champions and they’ve just made it.
- Fabian Aichner was confirmed as Giovanni Vinci and will “debut” next week.
- Solo Sikoa and Apollo Crews defeated Carmelo Hayes and Grayson Waller by pinfall.
- Ciampa defeated Reggie
- Mustafa Ali defeated T-Bar
- Mark Andrews defeated Kenny Williams by pinfall.
- Symbiosis defeated Oli Blake and Tate Mayfairs by pinfall. After the match, Primate and T-Bone turned on Eddie Dennis.
- Eliza Alexander defeated Amale by pinfall.
- Meiko Satomura retained the NXT UK Women’s Championship over Ivy Nile
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Money in the Bank Qualifying Match: Drew McIntyre vs Sheamus ended in a double disqualification.
- Money in the Bank Qualifying Match: Lacey Evans defeated Xia Li by pinfall.
- Promo: Ronda Rousey cut a promo that was interrupted by Shotzi. After that, Rousey beat Shotzi by submission. Natalya attacked Rousey after the match.
- Intercontinental Championship Match: Gunther defeated Ricochet by pinfall to win the title!
- Riddle defeated Sami Zayn by pinfall to earn himself a title shot against Roman Reigns next week.
NXT LEVEL UP
- Valentina Feroz defeated Arianna Grace
- Ikemen Jiro defeated Dante Chen
- Sloane Jacobs defeated Sierra St. Pierre
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!