Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler defeated Dana Brooke and Mandy Rose by submission.
- VIP Lounge: The Hurt Business cut a promo on winning the tag titles. The Hardy Bros interrupted to remind everyone they’re having a match later.
- Angel Garza defeated Drew Gulak by pinfall.
- MizTV: After some arguing, AJ Styles, Omos, The Miz and John Morrison realized Morrison’s the one who handed in the briefcase last night, not The Miz, so they’re going to try to argue that the MITB cash-in should be invalidated and reinstated.
- T-Bar defeated Ricochet by pinfall.
- The Hurt Business (Bobby Lashley and MVP) defeated The Hardy Bros by submission.
- Jaxson Ryker defeated Gran Metalik by pinfall.
- Randy Orton cut a promo about burning The Fiend. Alexa Bliss showed up in the ring with a playground set and spoke about when Bray Wyatt returns, he’ll be coming for Orton.
- Asuka and Charlotte Flair beat Peyton Royce and Lacey Evans by submission.
- Drew McIntyre, Sheamus and Keith Lee defeated AJ Styles, The Miz and John Morrison by pinfall in a Holiday Street Fight. Sheamus Brogue Kicked Lee afterward
- Street Fight for NXT Tag Team Championship: Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch retained the titles over Drake Maverick and Killian Dain by pinfall.
- A Very Gargano Christmas: Johnny Gargano, Candice LeRae, Indi Hartwell and Austin Theory opened Christmas gifts like a true family. Gargano gave Theory some of his special blend of The Gargano Whey.
- Isaiah “Swerve” Scott defeated Jake Atlas by pinfall
- Rhea Ripley defeated Dakota Kai by pinfall.
- Bronson Reed defeated Ashante “Thee” Adonis by pinfall.
- Io Shirai called out Toni Storm, who had earlier talked some trash. Mercedes Martinez attacked Shirai from behind instead.
- Leon Ruff defeated Timothy Thatcher by pinfall. Tommaso Ciampa then nailed Thatcher with a DDT and said he’ll see him in the Fight Pit.
- Tyler Rust defeated Ariya Daivari by submission.
- Leon Ruff will face Johnny Gargano for the North American title next week.
- Adam Cole defeated Velveteen Dream by pinfall.
- Reckoning defeated Nikki Cross by pinfall.
- Lince Dorado defeated Akira Tozawa by pinfall.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Roman Reigns retained the Universal Championship over Kevin Owens in a steel cage match.
- Asuka and Charlotte Flair retained the women’s tag team titles in a triple threat elimination match against Bianca Belair & Sasha Banks and Bayley & Carmella.
- Daniel Bryan defeated Jey Uso by pinfall. After the match, Bryan talked about how he’s never won a Royal Rumble and officially declared himself an entrant.
- Big E won the Intercontinental Championship from Sami Zayn in a lumberjack match.
- Chase Parker defeated Samir Singh by pinfall
- Mansoor defeated Raul Mendoza by pinfall
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!