Welcome to the live results watch page for WWE ROYAL RUMBLE 2021 pay-per-view!
The event is scheduled to start at 6 p.m. ET with the kickoff, followed by the main show starting at 7 p.m.
Follow along here throughout the show for the results of each match as well as my personal thoughts on everything throughout the night down after the separation bar.
Keep refreshing for new updates, check out the quick results at the top of the page for the winners and chat it up with everyone in the comments as the show goes on!
Quick Hits Results:
- Women’s Tag Team Championship Match: Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler defeated Asuka and Charlotte Flair (c) by pinfall.
- WWE Championship Match: Drew McIntyre (c) defeated Goldberg by pinfall.
- SmackDown Women’s Championship Match: Sasha Banks (c) defeated Carmella by submission.
- Bianca Belair won the Women’s Royal Rumble Match
- Universal Championship Last Man Standing Match: Roman Reigns (c) defeated Kevin Owens
- Edge won the Men’s Royal Rumble Match
Author’s POV, Running Commentary & Thoughts:
- “What is a sommelier?” / “It’s a connoisseur of wines.” / “So he’s an alcoholic.” – LMAO. Booker T popped me.
- R-Truth is dressed up as Elmer Fudd in case “Bugs Bunny” (not Bad Bunny) tries to come for his 24/7 Championship. He’s always a talking point. R-Truth is the best.
- “My daddy was an electrician and I was his first big shock.” – Jerry Lawler pulls out some groan-inducing gems once in a while.
Women’s Tag Team Championship Match
- I’m glad this match is on the kickoff. It makes the most sense. That’s especially true if we get new champions, like I’m predicting.
- It was only a matter of time before Ric Flair came out for a distraction.
- New champs. I firmly stand by my prediction Flair is taking that title from Asuka soon enough.
WWE Championship Match
- Don’t give it to Goldberg. Just don’t. Time to cross your fingers that doesn’t happen!
- Starting off without the bell so they can fight on the outside is interesting, as was the headbutt and McIntyre hitting the spear, of all things. I’m very, very curious what they’re doing here (which is good).
- Goldberg kicks out of a Claymore. He hits two more spears, which McIntyre kicks out of. Good so far.
- Not the best Jackhammer, but far from the worst. Glad McIntyre kicked out of that, too. How many people have done that in the past?
- Yesssss! McIntyre retains with another Claymore!
- After the match, Goldberg says “you passed the test” and “you deserve it”. Good job on giving the rub to McIntyre. I was half expecting a heel turn in some fashion.
SmackDown Women’s Championship Match
- Boooo. The referee didn’t do the exaggerated hand spin for the “you’re out of here” thing when he tossed Reginald out of ringside. Missed opportunity. It’s so much better when they go over the top with that.
- I should be thinking that Carmella has a chance here, even as she has her finisher locked in. However, I just don’t. There’s no way she wins the title. The match hasn’t been bad, though.
- Good match. It would have been way better if there was an air of potential title change, but I’m fine with what we got.
Bad Bunny’s Musical Performance
- I’ve never been fond of musical performances taking up time on a pro wrestling show. If I wanted to listen to the song, I’d listen to the song. But I’m sure this gets them far more coverage with the media than if they didn’t have it, and I know some people will love it, so whatever. It’s not for me. I’m not digging the song either, for that matter. Your mileage my vary.
30-Woman Royal Rumble Match
- I figured Bayley would be an early start.
- Good to see Naomi back.
- Belair starting this fast wasn’t a guarantee to me, but it was one of the things I thought might happen.
- Good little spot here with Naomi and Belair flipping each other around.
- Billie Kay’s resume shtick is dumb, but I love it.
- Booo. There goes Shotzi Blackheart.
- Jillian Hall! Billie and Jillie! Ridiculous, but great.
- Yes!!!! Victoria!!!
- There goes the short-lived team of Billie and Jillie. And Billie Kay is tossed out by The Riott Squad, so no reunion there.
- And there goes Victoria. Not the best showing, but I’m so glad she was in here.
- Loved the way Bayley eliminated Ruby Riott there.
- That way Rhea Ripley eliminated Dana Brooke was SCARY. So close to some kind of a botch.
- Peyton Royce’s elimination was a bit dicey, too.
- Bad timing for Bayley’s elimination. That was one of the bigger eliminations and it happened during Mickie James’ entrance, so it lost all its impact.
- Maybe I’m in the minority here, but I’m super glad Alicia Fox is in this match. Wait, why is R-Truth out here? The two crazy people, I guess? I’m down. WE GOT A TITLE CHANGE! Alicia Fox is now the 24/7 champion!
- Always a fan of Dakota Kai getting another chance to shine. (A minute later) Well, there goes that.
- So who gets credit for Carmella’s elimination? Tamina for the kick to Reginald, or Naomi for seemingly taking her over the top rope?
- Naomi’s doing the thing that Kacy Catanzaro did before where she’s on her back and her feet aren’t on the ground. Still a good spot, but I wish she’d do something that wasn’t already done by someone else.
- I didn’t at all anticipate Alexa Bliss would be the person that everyone gangs up on. That’s normally a spot for someone like Nia Jax.
- Ha! Ripley eliminates Bliss before she can transform. That was neat.
- Bad Eclipse from Ember Moon onto Shayna. That didn’t connect.
- I’m surprised Flair didn’t take out Evans.
- You knew at some point, Jax and Baszler had to fight each other. I thought Shayna might take out Jax, rather than the other way around, though. Then again, it makes sense if Lana is able to take out Jax for revenge. And there you go.
- Cross off “someone gets attacked during their entrance” on your Royal Rumble tropes list, as that happened to Nattie.
- Cross off “two former teammates hug it out” with Lana and Natalya.
- C’mon. Give it to Ripley. Let’s go Ripley!
- Yes! Flair is out!
- I’m loving this “Hold on. Time out. Let’s not do anything stupid. Let’s get back in the ring.” thing with Belair and Ripley. That was good.
- Very happy with Belair winning. I still think Ripley would have been just as good, if not better of an option, but I’m SO happy Belair got this. She was my #2.
Peter Rosenberg then won the 24/7 Championship!
Last Man Standing Match for the Universal Championship
- Not bad action so far, but a bit hollow. To be honest, I’m more concerned with Royal Rumble statistics updates than some of the moments here.
- Good sound on Owens being tossed down onto some tables. I liked that bit the best so far.
- What’s better, Sammy Guevara getting ran over by the cart, or Kevin Owens?
- Owens’ senton off the forklift was good.
- I’ll give them credit. Doing things like the spear through the screen not as the finish is a good means to make people feel that by default, this match is amazing just because there are some near-falls. That’s good.
- I love the idea that Reigns took out the referee when he knew he couldn’t get out of those handcuffs.
- Woooow. They couldn’t unhook the cuffs and they had to cut away and pretend like it wasn’t a 10-count already!!! Total botch.
- What a bad way to end an otherwise fun match.
30-Man Royal Rumble Match
- I love how Cole says #3 is the worst spot to enter from, yet Ric Flair won from that in 1992 and Bianca Belair JUST won from that spot earlier in the night.
- Not the best showing for Jeff Hardy. He did nothing and he’s gone already.
- Obviously, I don’t think Randy Orton is legitimately injured. But I’m curious where this is leading. I assume Bray Wyatt factors in.
- Carlito! Dude looks in phenomenal shape. I always liked Carlito.
- Glad to see despite losing his chance to get in the match, Ricochet is involved anyway. Stakes. At least I like Ricochet, so it’s a good thing despite illogical.
- If they’ve now set up twice that The Miz and Bad Bunny/Booker T have something going on, and they don’t have Booker T eliminate The Miz, that’s such a missed opportunity.
- Or, they can have Priest eliminate them and Bad Bunny can do a crossbody off the top rope onto Miz and Morrison. Okay.
- Kane’s back! Way to bump up your records stats with another appearance, more time and more eliminations. Also, we’d better get a Team Hell No hug. There we go!!
- Missed opportunity to not have Dominik and Rey in the match together at some point.
- We had snow today, but I didn’t think a hurricane would be coming through!
- Christian!!? Hell yeah!!
- The last time AJ Styles took a spear from Edge, he separated his shoulder. Hopefully, that didn’t happen here again, too.
- I love that when Sheamus got in here, everyone started blasting each other with stiff shots like the Yes Kicks and 10 Beats.
- I liked Seth Rollins and Sheamus both being mad at Cesaro for going after them since they’re friends.
- Well, there goes my pick to win, Daniel Bryan.
- I like how they act like we don’t know Orton is coming back out.
- Oh damn. Edge won from #1. We got a #3 and a #1 this year. That’s crazy.
For more of my thoughts on the event, stay tuned to the Smark Out Moment YouTube channel for the 2021 Royal Rumble post-show podcast!