Welcome to the live results watch page for WWE SUPERSTAR SPECTACLE 2021 pay-per-view!
The event is scheduled to start at 9:30 a.m. ET on the WWE Network (8 p.m. IST on Sony Ten 1, Sony Ten 3 and Sony MAX for our friends from India).
Follow along here throughout the show for the results of each match as well as my personal thoughts on everything throughout the night down after the separation bar.
Keep refreshing for new updates, check out the quick results at the top of the page for the winners and chat it up with everyone in the comments as the show goes on!
Quick Hits Results:
- Finn Balor defeated Guru Raaj by pinfall.
- Dilsher Shanky, Giant Zanjeer, Rey Mysterio and Ricochet defeated Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, King Corbin and Shinsuke Nakamura by pinfall.
- AJ Styles defeated Jeet Rama by pinfall.
- Charlotte Flair and Sareena Sandhu defeated Bayley and Natalya by pinfall.
- Drew McIntyre and Indus Sher defeated Jinder Mahal and The Bollywood Boyz by pinfall.
Author’s POV, Running Commentary & Thoughts:
Finn Balor vs. Guru Raaj
- I’m not used to doing PPV coverage at 9:30am, so to be honest, I’m glad they skipped all the pre-show material they had filmed. I wasn’t in the mood to watch several “happy Republic Day” promos for the sake of it.
- Seeing the commentary team in their sweater vest outfits instead of suits is interesting.
- Not too much going on with Guru Raaj for his debut. It’s just a generic match.
- I’m curious why they went with Finn Balor here, considering he’s an NXT talent and they have tried to not have any crossover between the rosters. Surely, someone on the main roster would have worked just as good, since this has no need to be Balor (as in, he’s not defending the title or anything). I guess they just wanted a worker. Maybe Finn volunteered.
- Yeah, this was just a match. Nothing to sink my teeth into.
Eight-Man Tag Team Match
- Every one of these promos is going to be about how they’ve gone through some stuff and they’ve got a lot of potential, right? It’s a shame if all of the new talent are babyfaces and there isn’t a single heel or actual character among the mix.
- That’s not at all what I pictured Giant Zanjeer’s music to be. This is too techno rave club for someone to just walk down to the ring like he did.
- How long before Zanjeer and Dilsher Shanky are in something like the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal?
- What was that whole thing with Rey Mysterio and Ricochet underneath the other two, acting like dogs? What??
- It’s strange that they’re cutting away for commercials that aren’t there.
- Shanky and Zanjeer can move better than Khali. That’s a plus.
- So the running theme of the night is Michael Cole and Corey Graves either directly saying someone is going to be “a future star” or saying that someone else (like Matt Bloom) endorsed them as…you guessed it…”a future star.” Bland.
- Good use of Shanky’s height by having Mysterio stand on his shoulders and do a splash for the win.
AJ Styles vs Jeet Rama
- Rama’s had much more training, as he’s been in the NXT system for several years. This should be a better match.
- Sadly, I’m not loving it by any means. It’s fine. Nothing bad, nothing special. But for this to be the biggest match in Rama’s career, I’m not wowed.
- Shame they didn’t have a stand-off between Zanjeer, Shanky and Omos. Missed opportunity, unless you can argue they didn’t want to make any of them look smaller in comparison.
- I’m glad they didn’t feel the need to have all the Indian stars win. If Raaj and Rama had beaten Balor and Styles, it would have felt manufactured. Of course, we know it’s fake, but still. That would have been pandering.
Charlotte Flair and Sareena Sandhu vs Bayley and Natalya
- Curious. Why Sareena Sandhu instead of Kavita Devi? Or, why not add Devi to the match and toss another woman on the opposing team, like Tamina?
- It’s still weird seeing people play up to a crowd that isn’t there. Sandhu looking around for reactions on video screens in her entrance would be fine in any scenario where there’s actually people, but it’s just awkward. And for the record, she’s not the only person to do it. Plenty of people on Raw and SmackDown still instinctively do and it’s strange.
- Good call with having Flair wearing orange, green and white. I didn’t notice that until the commentary team pointed it out. Nice touch.
- Every fade to black that comes back to the action immediately throws me off and makes me think I’ve just missed something.
- Sandhu’s had some experience. I still think she could be better if that’s the case where she’s had a few years to her name, but whatever. She’s fine enough in the ring for this contest.
- Generic match again. Nothing you need to go back and check out if you missed it.
Drew McIntyre and Indus Sher vs Jinder Mahal and The Bollywood Boyz
- What is Ric Flair doing here? Weird.
- It’s good to see Jinder Mahal back in action. He and Drew McIntyre should fight for the title at Elimination Chamber or Fastlane (assuming Drew retains at Royal Rumble).
- From what I’ve seen of Indus Sher, I thought they had some promise. Prove me right here, fellas.
- Yup. They’re already working a more traditional WWE style. I dig it.
- Maybe the best match on the card by default?
For more of my thoughts in podcast form, check out the post-show review soon to be posted on the Smark Out Moment YouTube channel.
Tell us your thoughts on WWE Superstar Spectacle 2021 in the comments below!