Welcome to the live results watch page for WWE Tribute to the Troops 2020 special!
The event is scheduled to start at 4:30 p.m. ET on Fox in some markets (check your local listings, or just stay tuned to this post for updates).
Follow along here throughout the show for the results of each match as well as my personal thoughts on everything throughout the night down after the separation bar.
Keep refreshing for new updates, check out the quick results at the top of the page for the winners and chat it up with everyone in the comments as the show goes on!
Quick Hits Results:
- 10-Man Tag Team Match: Daniel Bryan, Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio and The Street Profits defeated Elias, Dolph Ziggler, King Corbin, Robert Roode and Sami Zayn by pinfall.
- Bianca Belair and Sasha Banks defeated Bayley and Natalya by submission.
- Drew McIntyre defeated The Miz by pinfall.
Author’s POV, Running Commentary & Thoughts:
10-Man Tag Team Match: Daniel Bryan, Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio and The Street Profits vs. Elias, Dolph Ziggler, King Corbin, Robert Roode and Sami Zayn
- Naturally, it’s weird that this is in the type of environment it’s in. Having this as a virtual show doesn’t feel like Tribute to the Troops since they can’t interact with people the way they used to. Still better than nothing, in theory, but that doesn’t negate how strange it is.
- Having everyone in the ring for this match already is the right call to save time. This show is going to be tight to fit things in.
- Speaking of that, I’m glad it’s not an elimination match. People would be getting pinned every 20 seconds just to rush.
- Not too much going on here of substance to talk about. Sadly, that’s not exactly surprising.
- Babyfaces win, as expected. It’s just a match that happened. If you missed it, you can skip it.
- Lacey Evans looks great, but man, I’m past this incarnation of her character. Also, this is hokey.
HARDY Musical Performance
- I hate country music. I’ll spend this time in the other room so I don’t have to hear this.
Bianca Belair and Sasha Banks vs. Bayley and Natalya
- WrestleMania has to be Banks against Belair, right?
- I still don’t get why WWE booked Natalya against Bayley on SmackDown this week leading into this match. You’d think if anything, they’d have booked one of those two beating someone else unrelated like Billie Kay, or Belair/Banks against Nattie.
- Then again, Nattie just tapped out, so whatever.
Drew McIntyre vs. The Miz
- “The Scottish Warrior” just doesn’t have the same oomph as “The Scottish Psychopath” but it’s more babyface, so I get the change.
- Nice enough spot with McIntyre dangling upside down on the turnbuckle just to flip The Miz off the top. It wasn’t super impressive, but it looked good.
- For the third time, there wasn’t really anything much going on here to dissect. If this were a pay-per-view, it would have been significantly underwhelming. For a bonus show, it’s fine. It’s a shame the armed forces couldn’t actually experience this (and more) in person like normal, as that’s far more special in comparison. But it’s something. There’s value in that.
Tell us your thoughts on WWE Tribute to the Troops 2020 in the comments below!