Welcome to the live results watch page for NIGHT 1 OF WWE WRESTLEMANIA 37!
The event is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET with the kickoff, followed by the main show starting at 8 p.m.
Follow along here throughout the show for the results of each match as well as my personal thoughts on everything throughout the night down after the separation bar.
Keep refreshing for new updates, check out the quick results at the top of the page for the winners and chat it up with everyone in the comments as the show goes on!
Quick Hits Results:
- WWE Championship Match: Bobby Lashley (c) defeated Drew McIntyre by submission.
- Tag Team Turmoil Match: Natalya and Tamina defeated Billie Kay and Carmella, Lana and Naomi, Dana Brooke and Mandy Rose and The Riott Squad
- Cesaro defeated Seth Rollins by pinfall.
- Raw Tag Team Championship Match: AJ Styles and Omos defeated The New Day (c) by pinfall.
- Steel Cage Match: Braun Strowman defeated Shane McMahon by pinfall.
- Bad Bunny and Damian Priest defeated The Miz and John Morrison by pinfall.
- SmackDown Women’s Championship Match: Bianca Belair defeated Sasha Banks (c) by pinfall.
Author’s POV, Running Commentary & Thoughts:
- We’re starting off on a great note as I’m digging the new intro.
- Let’s hope the weather doesn’t get in the way of anything. Also, it sucks to hear that Tom Phillips is off the show for COVID problems.
- Our pre-show panelists look spiffy. This is starting to feel like WrestleMania to me.
- The King’s favorite weather is hail. All hail the king. CLASSIC. I love Jerry Lawler’s dad jokes.
- I want Cesaro to swing Rollins for 100 revolutions. If that’s possible, that will be one of the biggest highlights of the night.
- Who jumps off the pirate ship? Taking bets.
- I want to eventually see some footage of the cardboard cut outs to see who they used.
- “The steel cage match isn’t a stipulation we’ve seen that many times at WrestleMania.” But it’s still a regular steel cage match, so it’s the same as everything else. According to CageMatch, there have been over 830 steel cage matches in WWE alone, so…
- Vladimir is being recognized by WWE as the first official “super-fan”. This is awesome and put such a huge smile on my face.
- Let’s go!
WWE Championship Match
- Starting out with Vince McMahon is a good idea.
- Not my favorite performance of America the Beautiful, I’ll admit. But whatever. Let’s get some crazy pyro going.
- No pyro? And a weather delay. Uh oh.
- For the first time ever!!!
- Look. I could crap on this, but I’m certainly not going to. WWE didn’t plan this delay. They’re trying to fill for time and do impromptu interviews. Will I repeat that they shouldn’t have an hour-long kickoff because situations like this make it even more superfluous? Sure. But I’m cutting them slack because this is awful this is happening right now.
- WrestleRainia – Okay, Michael Cole gets a pass for that, too.
- This intro from Titus O’Neil and Hulk Hogan is awwwwwwwwwwful.
- Finally, at 8:45, the bell rings!
- Why are the commentators standing ringside? Put a towel down on the chairs.
- Wow. I didn’t think they’d go with Bobby Lashley there. I’m stunned.
Bayley failed to get Titus O’Neil and the nWo to warm up to her. I hope that isn’t all that she’s doing for WrestleMania.
Tag Team Turmoil Match
- I don’t know if I’d have gone with this match next, but let’s see what happens.
- Lana and Naomi are the first gone from Billie Kay and Carmella.
- Kay and Carmella are taken out by The Riott Squad.
- Oh noooo!! Mandy Rose slipped and fell on the ramp!! That’s going on video packages and Botchamania and is so unfortunate. Thankfully, she didn’t get hurt, but yikes.
- Wait…The Riott Squad pinned them…why are they elimin—okay, Greg Hamilton is correcting his mistake. Good lord. This is a mess.
- What?! Natalya and Tamina?! My god. Awful. Absolutely awful.
Cesaro vs. Seth Rollins
- Come on, guys. Save us from that last match.
- Nine swings better not be all they have planned for this.
- The UFO spin was great!!
- 23 swings. Not as much as I was hoping, but it’s a step up, so I’m cool with it.
- I’m even more cool with Cesaro winning. That had to happen. Good!
Raw Tag Team Championship Match
- Omos isn’t wearing ring gear. Curious.
- The New Day are working heels in this match and this entire feud, for the most part, which is strange. I’m digging it, though. Not that I want them to be heels going forward, but it’s an interesting dynamic.
- Crowd pops for Omos getting tagged in. This is such a weird match, but I’m really enjoying how strange it is.
- Funny enough, this felt like 3 different types of matches combined, with one of them being from the 1980s. Very, very weird, but I liked it a lot.
Promo for WWE 2K22. Let’s hope it’s a step up from before.
Steel Cage Match: Braun Strowman vs. Shane McMahon
- I always have, and always will, love the heartbeat music when they lower the cage. So good.
- I never would have booked Elias and Jaxson Ryker as Shane McMahon’s cronies in a steel cage match against Braun Strowman revolving around calling him stupid as a WrestleMania match if I were on WWE Creative, I’ll tell you that. But I’m trying to shut my brain off. Let’s see how this goes.
- All things considered, not bad so far. Maybe I’m going easy.
- Strowman ripping the chain link and breaking the cage is a pretty cool moment! I dig it.
- Anyone else surprised Braun didn’t throw Shane off the top onto the outside for the end of the match?
- Not the best match in the world, nor I think booked in the best way possible, but I enjoyed it for what it was.
It’s weird to say Bayley is feuding with Michael Cole right now more than anyone else.
Bad Bunny and Damian Priest vs. The Miz and John Morrison
- A couple of these bunnies in The Miz and John Morrison’s entrance are missing an ear. Hilarious.
- Good entrance for Bad Bunny, who, by the way, I’ve come around a lot to. I’m actually excited about this match.
- “Rabbits are lucky. That was just luck.” – Good moment from Morrison.
- WWE definitely made the right call with Bad Bunny starting off the match. It’s immediately given him a boost. Nobody should crap on him for this performance, that’s for sure.
- Headscissor takedowns and such? Sure, they aren’t flawless, but tell me the last time a celebrity went all out like this.
- A spinaroonie in front of Booker T is a good way to get heat, too.
- I’m also loving that Damian Priest is going to get a hot tag. I hope the crowd goes nuts.
- Not as nuts as I was hoping, but good enough.
- Good callback with Bad Bunny jumping from the top rope to the outside, too. Also, good near-fall with The Miz hitting the Skull Crushing Finale and Bad Bunny breaking up the pin. This is a lot of fun.
- Big, big fan of this segment!
SmackDown Women’s Championship Match
- Sasha Banks and Bianca Belair look like they are full-on decked out with their WrestleMania gear. Fantastic. This feud has been utter garbage, but boy does this feel like a main event regardless.
- Tears in their eyes. That’s a great visual.
- Great moment with the suicide dive that Belair caught, walked up the steps and press-slammed Banks!!!
- Belair’s extended vertical suplex sequence = impressive as hell.
- JEEEEEEEEZZZ the smack that hair made!!!!
- Absolutely fantastic match. MOTY candidate.
Come hang out with us in the live post-show podcast chat to hear my full thoughts on night 1!