Welcome to the live results watch page for NIGHT 1 OF WWE WRESTLEMANIA 38!
The event is scheduled to start at 6 p.m. ET with the kickoff, followed by the main show starting at 8 p.m.
Follow along here throughout the show for the results of each match as well as my personal thoughts on everything throughout the night down after the separation bar.
Keep refreshing for new updates, check out the quick results at the top of the page for the winners and chat it up with everyone in the comments as the show goes on!
Quick Hits Results:
- SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match: The Usos (c) defeated Shinsuke Nakamura and Rick Boogs by pinfall.
- Drew McIntyre defeated Happy Corbin by pinfall.
- The Miz and Logan Paul defeated Rey and Dominik Mysterio by pinfall.
- Raw Women’s Championship Match: Bianca Belair defeated Becky Lynch (c) by pinfall to win the title!
- Cody Rhodes defeated Seth Rollins by pinfall.
- SmackDown Women’s Championship Match: Charlotte Flair (c) defeated Ronda Rousey by pinfall to retain her title.
- The New Day vs. Ridge Holland and Sheamus was cut from the show.
- No Holds Barred Match: Stone Cold Steve Austin defeated Kevin Owens by pinfall.
Author’s POV, Running Commentary & Thoughts:
- Are you guys ready for 2 hours of talking? No matches have been announced to be on the pre-show, so as it stands right now, it will take them FOUR HOURS to run down the card this weekend. That’s insane. Hopefully, they’ll at least pull out an impromptu United States Championship defense, Intercontinental Championship defense, and so on, as surprises.
- Kayla Braxton, Kevin Patrick, Booker T, JBL and Peter Rosenberg are on the panel outside AT&T Stadium.
- The crowd pops big for the graphic of The KO Show. They have zero reaction to Charlotte Flair and Ronda Rousey. Everyone starts chanting for Cody Rhodes on the Seth Rollins graphic. Zero reaction for Logan Paul and The Miz against The Mysterios. These things go to show how a good portion of the audience feels.
- I’m digging the song on the Becky Lynch vs. Bianca Belair video package. I’ll have to grab that once I find out the name of the track.
- “I’m not a huge Dallas Cowboys fan” Rosenberg mutters under his breath, just to mess with people. By the way, the set looks fantastic.
- In usual fashion, there isn’t much to say. It’s just talking. But F-off with this TikTok kid.
- Why do they not have the Shucky Ducky Quack Quack graphic anymore?
- Jerry “The King” Lawler has a great awful joke. “I heard you tested positive for the flower disease. You’re a blooming idiot.” I popped.
- Jake Paul’s someone I could go without having on my screen.
- That’s cute getting this little girl Peyton (Payton? No idea the spelling) with the Rhea Ripley cosplay doing the stomp.
- “Butch, Botch and Bitch” is so good. Kudos to Xavier Woods.
- How is the New Day match not on the kickoff?
- Titus O’Neil introduces some charities that are getting a grant from WWE and DoorDash.
- Well, 2 hours later, we’re about to start the show…after America the Beautiful.
- Woof. Awful rendition. My least favorite from what I can remember.
- Why is Mark Wahlberg doing the intro?
- And now, the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders. Look, I’m not going to turn my nose up at a bunch of attractive women, but holy shit, we just had TWO HOURS of a kickoff, and we’re 8 minutes into the show, and it’s still NOTHING happening. The routine wasn’t even good.
SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match
- Starting off with Rick Boogs makes sense, but I also thought it could have been a good buffer to wake people up. I wasn’t expecting a title change, so either I’m wrong, or they’re kicking off this program with 2 hours and 15 minutes of waiting just for the heels to keep their belts.
- Oh no. Don’t tell me we’ve started things with an injury to Rick Boogs.
- I can’t tell if that’s a legitimate injury or not, but it sure seems like it was. And whether or not The Usos were meant to retain, that’s what happened, after the 1D.
Singles Match – Drew McIntyre vs. Happy Corbin
- Madcap Moss changed his outfit from what he was wearing during the pre-show. What is this, the Oscars? If so, watch out for a slap.
- I’m a fan of these guys, but tell me anything happening here that feels worthy of WrestleMania.
- Okay. Damn. Right after I type that, McIntyre jumps over the top rope like The Undertaker. That’s something noteworthy. I wouldn’t say it justifies spending like 5 months on this feud, but at least something happened!
- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I knew McIntyre was going to kick out of the End of Days leading up to this. Unfortunately, I called that and got it right. That’s the first time anyone kicked out of it, I think. What a waste to have that happen here just because nothing else is happening in this feud.
- McIntyre scores the pin for the win.
- After the match, McIntyre cut the top two ropes in half in front of Moss.
Tag Team Match – Logan Paul and The Miz vs. The Mysterios
- Did that last match do anything for you? Well, what about Logan Paul? Eh? (Ugh.)
- At least Logan Paul and The Miz have good ring gear. The Mysterios have some elaborate outfits, too.
- Good powerslam from Paul on Dominik. He’s actually doing really well. Hats off.
- When’s the last time anyone did the Three Amigos and got through all three of them before a heel broke it up?
- Oh wow. I guess right now with Logan Paul. That’s a heel moment. Nice touch.
- Double 619 to Paul, followed by a double splash, but The Miz is able to capitalize and hit a Skull Crushing Finale for a win for his team!
- I sure hope WWE has some tricks up its sleeve, cause they’re setting up a major bummer of a WrestleMania with how these past few months have gone down and how the first 3 hours of this have happened.
- Suddenly, The Miz then hit a Skull Crushing Finale on Logan Paul?! What? Why does he get the babyface pop??
Stephanie McMahon introduces Gable Steveson, who comes out, acts happy to be there, and leaves. Boy is WWE going to look foolish if this guy isn’t a fucking MEGA star, as they’re putting so much faith in him saving the company.
Raw Women’s Championship Match
- Becky Lynch’s entrance is an SUV. How lame. I’m supposed to be impressed? This makes her dumb truck entrance from before look better in comparison.
- Bianca Belair has a full marching band playing her to the ring. I’m not a fan of marching band music, but at least that’s a better entrance BY FAR.
- Anyone else get at least a little nervous that Becky would beat her in like 10 seconds?
- As expected, this has been the best match so far. No surprises there, considering it is these two.
- This has been so good. Please don’t end it with Becky retaining and ruin it.
- OUCH! That inadvertently kick to the head looked bad. Belair struggled to kick out after that.
- I’ll admit, I was nervous about that count-out. With the way things have been, it wouldn’t surprise me if WWE opted for a bullshit count-out finish for a match like this just to piss people off, so I’m not ruling anything out.
- Oh thank God. Bianca Belair hit the KOD for the win and the crowd was going nuts when she picked her up. This needed to happen.
Singles Match – Seth Rollins vs. Cody Rhodes
- Here we go. Is it Cody Rhodes, or did WWE set themselves up for the entire arena to boo the shit out of this night?
- This choir entrance is better than an SUV, I’ll give them that.
- What in the blue hell is Seth Rollins wearing?
- Good!!! It is indeed Cody Rhodes, complete with his personal theme and not just some stock WWE thing!
- I’m so glad WWE didn’t mess this up (yet…Cody still hasn’t won).
- Oh man, that inverted superplex off the turnbuckle was nice.
- Big fan of Rollins hitting a Pedigree for a close two-count.
- Bigger fan of two Crossrhodes leading into the bionic elbow and another Crossrhodes securing the win for Rhodes.
Time for the Hall of Fame parade.
SmackDown Women’s Championship Match
- I’ve been adamantly disinterested in this feud and not looking forward to this. I really hope I’m proven wrong and this ends up kicking ass.
- Good match so far. Nothing good enough to make me think there wouldn’t have been a better option instead of this, or that they could have at least had a good storyline (as even if this is the best match of all time, the content leading up to it still sucked). But I’m not knocking the action in front of me. That’s been solid.
- Anyone else’s feed cut out for a split second when Charlotte Flair put on the Figure Eight?
- Rousey’s Piper’s Pit is an awful move. She shouldn’t bother doing it. It never looks impactful.
- Wow! Charlotte Flair retains. They went out of their way to make sure Rousey looks like the rightful winner, but I guess this was their “we’ll swerve them” moment. At least, I’m hoping they don’t do that with anything else. Frankly, I’m down for it.
Tag Team Match – The New Day vs. Ridge Holland and Sheamus
- This match didn’t happen. Supposedly, they ran short on time. Maybe it’s just the latest part of the curse of Ridge Holland and Sheamus, as these two have had so many issues as a team. Injuries, Cesaro leaving, this match being cut….yeesh.
The Kevin Owens Show with Stone Cold Steve Austin / No Holds Barred Match: Kevin Owens vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
- Austin’s wearing his knee braces. That’s at least a good sign this might turn into a match.
- Owens has admitted that he got Austin out here to challenge him to a No Holds Barred match. I’m shocked it’s actually happening!
- Austin’s accepted. The referee’s down here. This match is official.
- Hot damn. Austin takes a vertical suplex on the concrete. I was thinking he wouldn’t even leave his feet!
- I love that Austin is just drinking during the match.
- I also love that Austin just took a Stunner from Owens. That needed to happen and the crowd sold it great, worried it would be the end of the match. But nope. It’s not going down like that.
- Oh wow, Owens just gave himself a chair shot to the head by bouncing it off the top rope. Following that with a Stunner from Stone Cold and The Texas Rattlesnake gets the win!
- After a second Stunner, Owens is being escorted out of the arena by some Texas security.
- Byron Saxton was invited into the ring by Austin, just to get a Stunner of his own.
- Austin then drank a beer with his brother in celebration. No Stunner for him.
Come hang out with us in the live post-show podcast chat to hear my full thoughts on night 1!