It’s WrestleMania, BAY BAY! I am watching (not) live on the WWE Network. These thoughts are in bullet-point form, and were compiled live as I watched. I’m on the west coast and usually watch on a delay, and managed to do so tonight with minimal spoilers.
WrestleMania 36 Kick Off
- It’s already weird: Corey Graves is a host, not an analyst, and they’re in a studio and not in front of fans. Craziness ensues!
- I am glad to see that The New Day is still involved in the ladder match.
- No one looks more appropriate on the pirate themed WrestleMania match card than The Monday Night Messiah himself, Seth Rollins.
- Triple H said that there would be a unique way to remove Roman Reigns from the Universal Championship match… that idea (whatever it was) seems to have been scrapped.
Kickoff Match: Drew Gulak vs. Cesaro
- Good for Drew Gulak, good friend of Chairshot Radio (formerly The Greg DeMarco Show when he was on).
- Good for Drake Wuertz as well, although this isn’t his WrestleMania debut as he worked the match between Ronda Rousey & Kurt Angle and Triple H & Stephanie McMahon from WrestleMania 34.
- Cesaro, you’ll remember, was reported to be sick. Wrestling Newz!
- Cesaro victorious with the Airplane Spin, gotta love it. This was a good match, obviously hurt by the lack of a crowd.