Welcome to the live results watch page for WWE NXT VENGEANCE DAY 2022!
This special edition of NXT is scheduled to start at the usual 8 p.m. ET and will air on Syfy, rather than the USA Network.
Follow along here throughout the show for the results of each match as well as my personal thoughts on everything throughout the night down after the separation bar.
Keep refreshing for new updates, check out the quick results at the top of the page for the winners and chat it up with everyone in the comments as the show goes on!
Quick Hits Results:
- Weaponized Steel Cage Match: Pete Dunne defeated Tony D’Angelo by pinfall.
- NXT Women’s Tag Team Championship Match: Toxic Attraction (c) defeated Indi Hartwell and Persia Pirotta by pinfall.
- North American Championship Match: Carmelo Hayes (c) defeated Cameron Grimes by pinfall.
- Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Tournament Final: The Creed Brothers defeated MSK by pinfall.
- NXT Championship Match: Bron Breakker (c) defeated Santos Escobar by pinfall.
Author’s POV, Running Commentary & Thoughts:
Weaponized Steel Cage Match
- WWE Then. Now. Forever. Together. Just slapping “together” on there won’t make the fans forgive you for the way things have been the past few years.
- It makes sense to do this first. Not only could they set up the cage in advance to save time, but it’s the match with the least stakes attached.
- “Weaponized Steel Cage Match” is a bit of a mouthful that has no real ring to it. I’m certainly hoping they think of another name to offset how it used to be The Ambrose Asylum. In my mind, just go with Rage in the Cage (or, if you need to mess around with it for copyright issues, Cage Rage Match).
- We’ve got a table in the corner. Who’s getting tackled through it? I’m thinking Dunne tackles D’Angelo, or maybe gives him a Bitter End through it.
- The fans really want the table. This is the second chant in 2 minutes.
- Once that happened and the “holy shit” chants followed, it definitely seemed this match was heading toward the end.
- Dunne gets the win with a Bitter End. Not bad, but nothing TakeOver quality.
Cora Jade trains with Raquel Gonzalez ahead of their “grueling” tournament, which starts next week.
MSK is excited to win the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic again. The Creed Brothers say MSK only won last year because they weren’t in the tournament.
NXT Women’s Tag Team Championship Match
- “We want Gigi” chants.
- Mandy Rose has been ejected from ringside.
- Persia Pirotta is proving once again that she can take on two people at a time. For the most part, she’d be better off as a solo act in the tag team division than with Indi Hartwell.
- Speaking of which, Hartwell costs them the match.
Backstage, Wendy Choo asked Amari Miller if she had a tag team partner for the Dusty Cup. Miller said if Wendy had asked her last week, she would have teamed with her, but she already has a partner. Choo then went up to Dakota Kai and asked her to team with her. Kai talked to herself about how it isn’t a good idea and Choo told her to let her know.
NXT Level Up will premiere this Friday instead of 205 Live. Yay! Finally!
Brooks Jensen told Josh Briggs the Valentine’s Day date went well. He picked up Kayden Carter in his truck, talked about the Dusty Cup, she paid for herself (because she’s an independent woman) and he took her home. They hugged, said goodnight, and she told him he’s like a little brother. Briggs asked the bartender, Fallon Henley, if she agrees he’s friendzoned, and she does.
Grayson Waller’s attempts to get LA Knight arrested failed. Since Waller put his hands on Knight, that voided the contract. Next week, Knight is going to stomp out Waller. Yeah!
In the locker room, Persia and Indi talked about how it isn’t over and they’ll get those titles. Dexter Lumis came in and Indi walked off with him. Duke Hudson then approached Persia, put out his hand, she took it and they walked off together.
Tommaso Ciampa cut a talking head promo about how Dolph Ziggler mistakes his loyalty to NXT for fear of the main roster. Ziggler thinks he’s better than him, but this is his home, and he’s still going after the NXT Championship.
Good lord. ANOTHER promo/video/vignette. This one’s for Carmelo Hayes. Why wouldn’t they space some of these out a little better? And this was just a time waster prior to the match.
North American Championship Match
- Zero chance for Cameron Grimes to win this, right? What do you think?
- This has a “this is awesome” chant, but I’m honestly not seeing anything super special. I like these guys, but this has just been a normal match in my eyes, for the most part.
- A few moments here and there where Grimes has the momentum on his side, but so far, they haven’t gotten me to think that it’s going to be the end of the match. Not quite.
- And just like that, Hayes retains. Good match, but it’s not standing out to me like most people. I’m glad others were going bonkers over it, though.
Kay Lee Ray and Io Shirai bonded over smashing stuff with Ray’s bat. Shirai said “I like her” about Ray. Zoey Stark said they’re off to a better start than she was with Shirai.
Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Tournament Final
- MSK is coming out to a remix of their theme mashed up with Dusty Rhodes’ theme. Awesome.
- Rock solid match. Back and forth offense with both teams looking strong.
- The Creed Brothers totally have this. I’ll be shocked if it goes to MSK.
- The crowd’s eating it up. They’re having a great time on this episode, which is good.
- Creed Brothers are victorious, as it should be. I want them winning the tag titles and for Imperium to go to Raw or SmackDown.
- I’m still not loving the finish being a clothesline. It’ll take a while to sell me that that’s a worthwhile finisher if you’re not doing it like Bradshaw.
Time for another vignette. Nikkita Lyons is highlighted again. She’s a whole lotta woman who is ready to do a whole lotta whoopin. Next week, watch out for this lion’s roar.
Imperium is in the ring. Marcel Barthel and Fabian Aichner congratulated The Creed Brothers on their opportunity, but that’s all it’ll be, as they won’t win the tag team titles. GUNTHER said he’ll be watching Santos Escobar and Bron Breakker with great interest, as he’s looking to obtain some gold for himself. Solo Sikoa interrupted and said none of that stuff matters and he’s going to make GUNTHER his bitch.