Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
WWE MAIN EVENT
- Mojo Rawley defeated No Way Jose
- Natalya defeated Chelsea Green
WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- It was announced that Brock Lesnar will enter #1 in the Royal Rumble, rather than defending his WWE Championship (which he hasn’t defended since Survivor Series).
- Andrade defeated Rey Mysterio by pinfall to retain the United States Championship. Mysterio attacked Andrade during an interview later on.
- The Viking Raiders retained the Raw Tag Team Championship over both The Street Profits and The O.C.
- Becky Lynch has her doubts about facing Asuka, who came out to taunt her and received a punch in the face for her efforts.
- Mojo Rawley asked Erick Rowan if he could look inside the cage. Rowan obliged and asked him not to tell anyone. Rawley immediately jumped back in fear. Rowan then beat a jobber named KJ Orso and forced him to look in the cage. Orso came out with a bloody face, screaming and running away.
- AJ Styles beat Akira Tozawa with an RKO.
- Lana and Bobby Lashley got officially married by the officiate from last week. Then, they had a promo about how Lana is sad, rather than happy. Rusev interrupted on the TitanTron to present them with a video package of last week’s festivities. Lashley challenged Rusev for next week. Later, Liv Morgan interrupted an interview about R-Truth breaking the record for the most championships to say she will be in Rusev’s corner next week.
- Charlotte Flair and Sarah Logan fought each other with Flair coming out on top. The bell never rang for a match to start as Logan jumped the gun by attacking The Queen.
- Drew McIntyre took out No Way Jose’s conga line, then beat him in a match, then asked the crowd if he should do another Claymore (which he made good on). McIntyre then declared he will win the Royal Rumble.
- Aleister Black beat Shelton Benjamin by pinfall. Buddy Murphy attacked Black after the match.
- Kevin Owens, Samoa Joe and their surprise partner Big Show beat AOP and Seth Rollins by disqualification due to Rollins using a steel chair. Show then knocked out Rollins with a punch. They will fight next week in a “fist fight.”
- Toni Storm interrupted Rhea Ripley’s promo to challenge her for Worlds Collide, but others came out, too, which led to a six-woman tag team match. Ripley, Storm and Candice LeRae defeated Kay Lee Ray, Io Shirai and Bianca Belair when Ripley pinned Belair.
- Imperium beat The Forgotten Sons to advance to round 2 of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic tournament.
- Austin Theory defeated Joaquin Wilde by pinfall.
- The Undisputed ERA beat Gallus by pinfall to advance to round 2 of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic tournament.
- Johnny Gargano and Finn Balor had a promo segment, trading verbal blows. They will fight at TakeOver: Portland.
- Kushida’s partner for the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic will be Alex Shelley.
- Mia Yim beat Kayden Carter by pinfall. After the match, Chelsea Green attacked them and Robert Stone announced that he has signed Green to be part of his brand and they will dominate NXT in 2020.
- Keith Lee won a Fatal 4-Way against Cameron Grimes, Damian Priest and Dominik Dijakovic (by pinning Grimes) to earn a title shot against Roderick Strong for the North American Championship in two weeks.
- Next week, there will be a No. 1 contender’s battle royal to determine who fights Rhea Ripley at TakeOver, as well as the other two matches in the first round of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.
- This was a Prime Target special hyping up TakeOver: Blackpool II.
WWE FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- The Miz “apologized” to Kofi Kingston and blamed it on a bad day. John Morrison chastised the WWE Universe for booing The Miz after all he’s gone through. After The New Day came out to call b.s. on this change of character in The Miz, he and Kofi had a match. The Miz beat Kingston by pinfall.
- There were two segments that just basically reminded people that Daniel Bryan and Bray Wyatt are feuding. There wasn’t much to them.
- Elias sang about winning the Royal Rumble.
- Mandy Rose gave Otis a cake with “I’m sorry” on it to apologize for the fruitcake incident. Mandy then beat Alexa Bliss by pinfall.
- According to Bayley, Sasha Banks wasn’t there for her scheduled match with Lacey Evans because Banks wanted to work on her album instead. Lacey went to the back and fought with Bayley for a moment before they were split up.
- Braun Strowman beat Shinsuke Nakamura by pinfall.
- The Usos lost to King Corbin and Dolph Ziggler by disqualification because Roman Reigns speared Corbin. Then, Robert Roode returned and he, Ziggler and Corbin (with a little help prior by The Revival) beat down Reigns and The Usos.
WWE 205 LIVE
- Lio Rush and Isaiah “Swerve” Scott defeated The Singh Brothers by pinfall.
- Ariya Daivari defeated Jeff Brooks by pinfall.
- Tyler Breeze defeated Tony Nese by pinfall.
NEWS, RUMORS AND MISCELLANEOUS OTHER INFORMATION
- It appears Mercedes Martinez has signed with WWE and will most likely report to NXT soon.
- WWE ice cream bars are making a return, to an extent. They will be ice cream sandwiches rather than the bars with chocolate, so not quite the same, but close. Good Humor will have those on shelves in April.
- This week had a lot of “no word on ___” news, such as no clarification of anything changing with Lars Sullivan’s status in WWE, no indication of Jeff Hardy’s intentions, etc.
- However, more speculation has ramped up about Edge possibly returning and signing a new contract. Naturally, almost no confirmation of any of that has happened, though, so take it with a grain of salt.
- Becky Lynch refuted claims that she had signed a $1 million contract in 2019 by saying her deal is coming up soon and she hasn’t signed anything.
- Straight Up Steve Austin was renewed for another season of 8 half-hour episodes.
- WWE is trying to get the town Corbin, Kentucky to change its name to King Corbin, Kentucky, and will have a petition on Sunday afternoon regarding this where they will give out free tickets for Sunday’s house show.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!