As reported on Sunday here on eWrestlingNews.com, WWE released Sin Cara, Luke Harper and The Ascension’s Konnor and Viktor. According to a report from Fightful, the mood backstage after the releases were announced was said to have been mostly positive. The four men had all requested their releases in recent months and they were finally granted. One source said that the feeling backstage is said to be “relief”.
Sin Cara and Luke Harper took to Twitter in recent months and publicly asked for their releases. The Ascension also asked for their release, but they didn’t do it publicly.
Another source added: “It’s either a coincidence or next level f–king with The Revival that a bunch of people get granted their releases, but they can’t release them because they have a title match on next weekend’s show.”
As previously reported, there are expected to be more cuts, especially as it pertains to NXT, in January or February.