Partial Source: Pwtorch.com
— The WWE Divas appeared on Breaking the Magician’s Code on Biography channel this week. Also appearing on the network will be Roddy Piper, in the season finale of Celebrity House Hunter. That show airs Thursday at 10 PM EST.
— WWE’s new business figures as updated today indicate that business is down through the first quarter of 2012 compared to the previous two years. The company, which will report its official Q1 results on May 3, reported the following:
* US live event attendance averaged 6,200 per show, which is down from 6,400 per show in the first quarter of 2011 and 7,300 per show in Q1 of 2010. The company ran four less shows when compared to last year.
* International live event attendance was 3,400 for six events, including three in Abu Dhabi and three in Central America. The Abu Dhabi shows did 6,000 for two of the three nights, indicating that the Central America shows did not do well to make the average what it was. International attendance in the first quarter of last year averaged 8,400.
* The “effective Home Video price” this year to date was $10 per unit shipped, which is down from $13 in 2011 and $14 in 2010. The lowest price before last quarter was $12 per unit in the third quarter of 2010.
* Total PPV buys averaged 311,000 for two events (Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber); WrestleMania was not included in the Q1 results, being just outside the date range. Last year’s first quarter average was 321,000 for the Rumble & Chamber.
* Online merchandise sales dropped 20 percent compared to last year, but were slightly up compared to 2010
* WWE’s online traffic shows that pageviews were about the same as last year, but unique visitors were down 11%.
* The company also updated DVD sales. The Rock’s Epic Journey has shipped 137,000, up from the 115,000 reported last month. Steve Austin’s DVD from November currently tops the nine-month chart with 143,000 units shipped.