Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
WWE MAIN EVENT
- Natalya defeated Sarah Logan by submission.
- No Way Jose defeated Eric Young by pinfall.
WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Seth Rollins started the show with a “town hall” meeting wherein he chastised the entire Raw roster for not doing good enough at Survivor Series in an effort to motivate everyone to do better. He took a stunner from Kevin Owens for this after everyone walked out.
- Rusev was served papers for a restraining order, but that didn’t stop him from attacking Bobby Lashley (who beat Titus O’Neil by disqualification as a result).
- AOP beat Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder by pinfall.
- Andrade beat Akira Tozawa by pinfall.
- Buddy Murphy defeated Matt Hardy by pinfall. He then called out Aleister Black, who blooded Murphy’s nose.
- The O.C. attacked Humberto Carrillo, causing him to not get his United States title shot. After Ricochet, Randy Orton, Drew McIntyre and Rey Mysterio all tossed out their names for replacements, a Fatal 4-Way No. 1 contender’s match went down.
- Rey Mysterio won the Fatal 4-Way and then beat AJ Styles to win the United States Championship with a little help from Orton.
- Asuka beat Charlotte Flair by pinfall after Kairi Sane helped her and she used the green mist.
- Erick Rowan squashed Kyle Roberts by pinfall.
- AOP attacked Kevin Owens in his match against Seth Rollins, but didn’t touch Rollins. While KO was recovering, Rollins curb stomped him twice to end the show.
- The show started with a party as the NXT roster and Josiah Williams celebrated NXT’s win at Survivor Series. The Undisputed ERA interrupted to say nobody deserved that praise except themselves. Tommaso Ciampa spoke about how WarGames was the beginning of the end for them and they would start losing their titles starting with the tag belts, then Strong, then Goldie would come home to him. Finn Balor came out and it set up a match between he and Ciampa for the main event.
- Roderick Strong (substituting for Bobby Fish who was injured at the start of the match) and Kyle O’Reilly retained the NXT Tag Team Championship over Dominik Dijakovic and Keith Lee by pinfall.
- Mansoor defeated Shane Thorne by pinfall.
- Candice LeRae beat Dakota Kai by disqualification after Kai used Tegan Nox’s knee brace as a weapon. She continued to attack Candice after the match until Rhea Ripley made the save.
- Lio Rush retained the NXT Cruiserweight Championship over Akira Tozawa by pinfall.
- Xia Li beat Vanessa Borne by pinfall and then was attacked by Shayna Baszler, Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke. Baszler cut a promo on beating Bayley and Becky Lynch at Survivor Series and Ripley came out to challenge her. Baszler said she’d beat her like she’s beaten everyone else, but opted to walk away instead of do the fight right then.
- Finn Balor beat Tommaso Ciampa by pinfall with some help from Adam Cole. However, after the match, Balor kicked Cole in the head to show that he’s not part of The Undisputed ERA.
- Piper Niven defeated Jinny by pinfall. After the match, she said she’s coming for the NXT UK Women’s Championship. Kay Lee Ray came out to pick a fight that she quickly lost. Then, Toni Storm attacked KLR.
- Eddie Dennis defeated Dereiss Gordon by pinfall.
- Noam Dar defeated Ashton Smith by pinfall.
- Imperium and Gallus with Ilja Dragunov fought to a no-contest double count-out and continued to brawl to end the show.
WWE FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- After a promo between Roman Reigns and King Corbin, Reigns beat Robert Roode by pinfall. Roode attacked him after the match, but Reigns fought back. He speared Roode through the security barricade and dumped the chairs and commentary table on top of him.
- In one of the Firefly Fun House segments, a brief flash showed the new title design that The Fiend will be using.
- A vignette aired to hype Sheamus returning to take back SmackDown from people like Shorty G and Mustafa Ali.
- Mustafa Ali defeated Drew Gulak by pinfall.
- Bayley and Sasha Banks cut a prom on how the SmackDown women’s roster let them down at Survivor Series. Lacey Evans came out to talk some trash and nailed Banks with a Woman’s Right.
- Nikki Cross beat Mandy Rose by pinfall. Rose and Sonya Deville attacked her after the match, but Alexa Bliss came out to make the save.
- Backstage, Drake Maverick tried to kiss Dana Brooke under the mistletoe. Elias sang a song making fun of how creepy Maverick was being.
- The New Day retained the SmackDown Tag Team Championship over Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura by pinfall.
- Daniel Bryan has now fully embraced going back to the Yes Movement as a result of the passionate fans at Survivor Series. The Fiend attacked and pulled him under the ring before ripping out clumps of his hair.
WWE 205 LIVE
- Ariya Daivari defeated Raul Mendoza by pinfall.
- Danny Burch defeated Greg Williams by pinfall.
- Angel Garza defeated Gentleman Jack Gallagher by pinfall. Gallagher made a fuss after losing and attacked both the security guards and Drake Maverick when they tried to stop him.
NEWS, RUMORS AND MISCELLANEOUS OTHER INFORMATION
- Corey Graves took shots against Mauro Ranallo during TakeOver, which seem to have put him in a bad spot. Graves apologized to start the After the Bell podcast, but Ranallo wasn’t at NXT this past week.
- The upcoming Worlds Collide special that will replace TakeOver: Houston has been dubbed NXT vs. NXT UK and will feature the two rosters fighting it out for brand supremacy.
- If you’re into gossip, Dana Brooke and Batista have been flirting up a storm on Twitter.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!