WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW is live tonight out of the Paycom Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma! Welcome to the eWrestlingNews coverage of WWE Raw results for this week!
Follow along here for results of all the matches and noteworthy moments and keep refreshing for updates. Be sure to chat it up in the comments below and tell us your thoughts while watching this episode!
- Sami Zayn opened the show with a promo about Kevin Owens being traded to SmackDown. He’s excited about what KO can do there and what he can do as a singles competitor on Raw, as he knows he’s world champion material. The Judgment Day interrupted and went on the attack, but Zayn had some backup in Jey Uso (with steel chairs). Balor convinced everyone to back down.
- After the commercial, Jey Uso approached Sami Zayn backstage to ask if he’s good and what’s happening with him. Sami appreciates Jey having his back, but all he could think is that it shouldn’t be Jey having his back. It should be Kevin Owens. And that’s because of Jey. He wants to be happy for Jey, but he has everything going for him right now, while Zayn doesn’t have the tag titles or his friend in comparison. Jey says “You’ve still got me. But it is what it is, Uce.” Sami then said to forget everything he said. He’s sorry. It’s been a tough week for him. They’re good now (at least, that’s what they say).
- Falls Count Anywhere Match: Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Ricochet by pinfall.
- Backstage, Tegan Nox, Katana Chance and Kayden Carter (with Nikki Cross in the background) were approached by Piper Niven and Chelsea Green. After some trash talking, Nox threatened to smack Chelsea, which convinced the tag team champs to get out of there.
- Piper Niven defeated Natalya by pinfall. Tegan Nox helped Nattie fight off Niven and Green after the match.
- Seth Rollins and Drew McIntyre shared some words in the ring. McIntyre considers Crown Jewel to be the third time he’ll capture lightning in a bottle, with the previous two being when he beat Brock Lesnar in front of no one and the second being when he had Roman Reigns beaten at Clash at the Castle before The Bloodline interfered. Rollins told Drew to get over it, move on from The Bloodline, and stop making excuses. Once he beats McIntyre, he’ll have no one to blame but himself.
- Ludwig Kaiser defeated Johnny Gargano by pinfall.
- Backstage, Indi Hartwell and Candice LeRae approached Becky Lynch. Indi wants a title match since she never lost that belt. Becky agreed she deserves one, so she’ll talk to Adam Pearce to make that happen. Rhea Ripley then popped up for a brief stare down with Lynch before walking away.
- After the commercial, Drew McIntyre and Sami Zayn spoke to each other in the back. Drew still isn’t down with Jey being on Raw and Sami agrees with Seth about how Drew needs to let go of The Bloodline. McIntyre says Zayn can’t actually relate with him because he’s never been world champion. If Drew has any reservations about what level Zayn is at, they can have a match next week and he can find out.
- Non-Title Match: Women’s World Champion Rhea Ripley vs. Shayna Baszler either went to a no-contest or Ripley won by disqualification (the match ruling wasn’t announced) as Nia Jax, Raquel Rodriguez and Zoey Stark all joined in the fight, leading to a four-way brawl while Baszler remained down.
- In his office, Adam Pearce confirmed Becky will face Indi with the NXT Women’s Championship on the line. Xia Li interrupted to say she wants a shot, too, but on her time. Then, Jade Cargill showed up for a face-to-face with Lynch.
- Intercontinental Championship Match: Gunther (c) retained over Big Bronson Reed by pinfall.
- Backstage, The Miz was upset he was on the third hour of the season premiere instead of opening the show. Nia Jax interrupted to take over the promo time and say everyone’s hit her with their best shot, but she’s still standing, looking pretty. She hasn’t hit anyone with her best shot and if she did, they’d stay down, because she does the squashing on Monday Night Raw.
- After the commercial break, Adam Pearce told Rhea Ripley that she has to defend her title at Crown Jewel against Nia Jax, Zoey Stark, Shayna Baszler AND Raquel Rodriguez. Indus Sher then came over to talk to Pearce, but they cut away to Alpha Academy and Akira Tozawa training. Chad Gable thinks he and Otis should go after the tag team titles. Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods interrupted to say that’s their goal. Gable suggests a match between the two teams next week to settle who has the best hips and moves. Tozawa then started to swivel.
- Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship Match: The Judgment Day (Damian Priest and Finn Balor) defeated Cody Rhodes and Jey Uso (c) by pinfall to win the titles with some help from Jimmy Uso’s interference!
What did you think of this episode of Monday Night Raw? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section below!
If using any of the above content, please credit the author with a h/t to ewrestlingnews.com