Welcome to the AEW COLLISION results page for September 2, 2023! Tonight’s episode emanates from the United Center in Chicago, Illinois. It features the fallout from AEW All In, the go-home material heading into tomorrow night’s All Out event, and more.
Tony Khan opened the show by apologizing for firing CM Punk after it had been reported earlier in the day. He said:
“Today I had to make one the toughest decisions of my professional career. Today I terminated Phil Brooks, CM Punk, for cause. This stems from a backstage incident at AEW All In last Sunday. The incident was regrettable and it endangered people backstage. That includes the production staff, people who help put the show on every week, innocent people who had nothing to do with it. I’ve been going to wrestling shows for over thirty years. I’ve been producing them on this network for nearly four years.
Never in all that time have I ever felt, until last Sunday, that my security, my safety, my life was in danger at a wrestling show. I don’t think anybody should feel that way at work. I don’t think the people I work with should feel that way and I had to make a very difficult choice today. It came at the recommendation of a discipline committee here in AEW as well as outside legal counsel who delivered a unanimous recommendation. And I have followed up on that recommendation. I’m sorry to any fans who are upset by this. I’m sorry to anyone who’s upset by this.”
– Ricky Starks says that every time someone puts an obstacle in his way, he overcomes it. He shows up, he shows out and delivers every time. No matter how much people try to suck the life out of him, it doesn’t work. You cannot put a lid on a boiling pot, because he will overflow. Big Bill had to start over, he believes in him just like he believes in himself. Do you know what’s funny? He sat at home and watched All In. He sat on his couch because there wasn’t any time for him. But he has time for Ricky Steamboat, so he is challenging him to a strap match. He wants an answer right now.
Ricky Steamboat said he took a couple of cheap shots and strapped him like a little dog. He hears on the social media that Starks wants a strap match with the dragon. He can perform in the ring when he really wants to, but let him tell him something. Steamboat lets go old school and pull up a contract. He passes the contact to Tony Schiavone, who confirms what it says. All Starks has to do is sign it. He signs it, so we have a strap match tomorrow night at All Out. Everyone knows Ricky Steamboat, but they also know this guy.
Out comes Bryan Danielson! It turns out that the contract was a strap match against him and not Steamboat. They fooled him.
– Backstage, Jon Moxley says Orange Cassidy is the player no man can checkmate, but he’s never going to win matches in the major leagues. People called him a cosplayer, but who is he playing? This has been a long time coming. When you have been doing this as long as he has, there’s always another match. There’s always another show. The opportunity at All Out is once in a lifetime.
He can smell BS when he sees it, and he thinks Orange Cassidy is the real thing. He won’t work his arm, or his leg. Moxley will work his soul. When it gets hard, will he look for a way out? He hopes not. Lots of people believe in him. Don’t disappoint us.
#1. [AEW Trios Championship] The Acclaimed & Daddy Ass (c) vs. Daniel Garcia, Matt Menard & Angelo Parker (w/ Jake Hager) – Winners: The Acclaimed & Daddy Ass retain
– The Dark Order is ready to take on MJF & Adam Cole. Not a lot of people know this, but Alex Reynolds helped to train MJF, and he could not be anymore proud. But that doesn’t matter tomorrow, because the Dark Order needs to win. They will do whatever it takes.
#2. Aussie Open vs. Komander & Nick Wayne – Winners: Aussie Open
Nick Wayne tells Tony that he doesn’t understand why Darby Allin forgave AR Fox. Allin walks out and wants to talk to him. There was a time he didn’t talk to his father for over two years because of an argument, and they never resolved their issues before he passed away. He wishes he could have fixed that. AR Fox was one of his trainers, so he had to let it go. This Sunday at All Out, he is fighting for the TNT Championship, and he would be honored if Nick was by his side.
Christian Cage is here with Luchasaurus. Cage says it was rude of him to talk so much of his father, when he forgot to ask what his mom’s name is. Perhaps he should slide into her DMs and see if they can change that. Darby didn’t talk to his mentor for over two years? Is Nick Wayne a pity project to him? Perhaps he should take after him because he isn’t pretending to be something he’s not. These people can smell a loser a mile away. Darby is a loser in life and that will never change. Nick should carry a towel to ringside tomorrow because he will need to throw it in the ring because it will be a massacre bestowed by the best big man in the business. They will still be TNT Champion now, then, and forever.
– The Outcasts are just fine, and even more so when Ruby Soho brings the TBS title to them. The last they saw of Toni Storm, she was half naked in the parking lot throwing shoes at birds, but she will be fine.
– We have Dennis Rodman live. He gets in the ring with a cigar. Tony asks him what he’s doing here in AEW. With that said, Jeff Jarrett and his crew storm to the ring. They tell Tony to get the hell out. Jeff Jarrett has a deal to make. He & Rodman go way, way back. He connects all the dots with his group and Rodman, but when it gets down to it, he was a leader and he was a member of one of the best groups of all time. Like they used to say, it was “for life”. If he wants some real heat, why doesn’t he join this family?
Rodman says it is a great day to be in Chicago. He is loving that they are loving AEW Wrestling. Jarrett cuts him off because he wants an answer. Rodman says Shaq was as big at Satnam and he whipped his ass. They all get out of the ring except for Sonjay Dutt and Rodman just to show they are about the peace. Rodman grabs Sonjay and throws him down.
The Acclaimed and Daddy Ass show up to stop Rodman from being outnumbered. Bowens tells them to get in the ring and fight. Daddy Ass says there is no way he is wrestling two times in one night, given his age. But they aren’t doing anything tomorrow, so they can put the trios titles on the line at All Out with Rodman in their corner.
#3. The Outcasts’ Saraya, Ruby Soho and Toni Storm vs. Britt Baker, Hikaru Shida & Kris Statlander – Winners: The Outcasts
Powerhouse Hobbs makes his way to the ring. Miro enters and it quickly turns into a brawl. They fight at ringside til Hobbs has enough and walks away through the crowd. These two will face each other tomorrow at All Out.
Note: As FTR entered for the main event, Cash Wheeler did a quick “X” sign in support of CM Punk. Aside from this fleeting moment, nobody else has directly referenced CM Punk on the show.
#4. Dax Harwood (w/ Cash Wheeler) vs. Jay White (w/ Bullet Club Gold) – Winner: Jay White
After the match, Bullet Club Gold ganged up on FTR before Young Bucks made their Collision debuts to save their All Out partners.