WWE NXT NEW YEAR’S EVIL 2023 is presented from the WWE Capitol Wrestling Center in Orlando, Florida.
Follow along here for results of all the matches and noteworthy moments and keep refreshing for updates. Be sure to chat it up in the comments below and tell us your thoughts while watching this episode!
- The show opened with a vignette from Chase University hyping up New Year’s Evil and Thea Hail’s chances in the battle royal.
- Dijak defeated Tony D’Angelo by pinfall.
- Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne plan to win the battle royal and get revenge on Roxanne Perez.
- Indus Sher vs. The Creed Brothers didn’t start. Sanga came out, said Veer wasn’t here, but he would honor their match as a 2-on-1. Just then, Jinder Mahal attacked The Creed Brothers from behind. They left Julius and Brutus laying.
- Backstage, The New Day pointed out to Pretty Deadly that because the Indus Sher and Creed Brothers match didn’t happen, that means they’re up next and have to get ready.
- Valentina Feroz approached Sanga backstage to express her distaste with what he just did, but he scoffed her off.
- Tag Team Gauntlet Match: Pretty Deadly started off with a team of jobbers (Flyin Brian Williams and Slammin Jammin Jimmy Jackson) coming out to The Rockers theme. They beat them quickly by pinfall. Next up, as introduced by The New Day, are Edris Enofe and Malik Blade. Pretty Deadly won that, too. New Day tried to announce Brooks Jensen and Josh Briggs, who were found attacked backstage. In their place came Gallus for the final part of this gauntlet. Mark Coffey and Wolfgang scored the win over Pretty Deadly to win the gauntlet.
- Backstage, Ivy Nile argued with an angry Julius Creed, who is upset that they keep getting attacked from behind. Nile said Brutus will be okay, but Julius wants to put a stop to this.
- A vignette aired of Carmelo Hayes and Trick Williams at the diner. Apollo Crews didn’t beat Bron Breakker for the title because it is going to be Hayes as the next champion.
- Tiffany Stratton returned as the new year surprise. She cut a promo about how everyone’s failed at trying to replace her over the past few months when she’s been out with her injury. No one has her shine, skill or style. The center of the universe is back.
- NXT Championship Match: Bron Breakker (c) defeated Grayson Waller by count-out after the ring ropes broke for a second time, causing Waller to spill to the outside and be unable to grab onto them to get back in.
- Backstage, Axiom and Apollo Crews agreed to team up to fight Carmelo Hayes and Trick Williams likely next week.
- Charlie Dempsey defeated Hank Walker by submission
- Sol Ruca was warming up backstage when Alba Fyre approached her to say she owes her a match.
- A vignette aired spotlighting Tyler Bate, who returns to NXT next week.
- NXT_Anonymous posted a video of Oro Mensah. “Even though you don’t see me, I have eyes and ears everywhere.”
- Jinder Mahal defeated Julius Creed by pinfall.
- A vignette aired about NXT UK’s Stevie Turner coming to NXT. Her gimmick is essentially what an older person assumes kids these days are when they say they’re streamers.
- The 20-Woman Battle Royal No. 1 Contender’s Match ended with both members of Toxic Attraction falling at the same time. Referees debated whether Gigi Dolin or Jacy Jayne fell first. It was then announced both won. There will be a Triple Threat Match at Vengeance Day.
- The show ended with Shawn Michaels declaring Breakker will fight Waller again at Vengeance Day in a steel cage match.
What did you think of this episode of NXT? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section below!
If using any of the above content, please credit the author with a h/t to ewrestlingnews.com