Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Asuka and Charlotte Flair beat The IIconics, Bayley and Sasha Banks in a triple threat match to start the show. In the main event, Flair beat Asuka by pinfall after Nia Jax interfered.
- Aleister Black and Humberto Carrillo beat Murphy and Austin Theory by pinfall.
- Christian got Edge fired up on The Peep Show by casting doubts on whether or not he could have the greatest wrestling match ever. It was just to get him in the fighting spirit. Randy Orton then said he’d end Edge’s comeback at Backlash.
- The Street Profits and The Viking Raiders tied in a decathlon.
- Andrade beat Angel Garza and Kevin Owens to earn a title shot against Apollo Crews at Backlash.
- Bobby Lashley and MVP beat The Viking Raiders by submission after a VIP Lounge segment.
- Johnny Gargano and Candice LeRae defeated Keith Lee and Mia Yim by pinfall
- Indus Sher defeated Mikey Delbrey and Mike Reed by pinfall.
- Breezango was highlighted in a video package.
- Robert Stone approached Rhea Ripley backstage about joining The Robert Stone Brand. She said the chances of that happening are 1 in a million and tossed him aside.
- Finn Balor defeated Cameron Grimes by pinfall. Balor wants the North American Championship.
- Dakota Kai defeated Kacy Catanzaro by pinfall. After the match, Kai and Raquel Gonzalez continued to attack Catanzaro. Kayden Carter came out in an attempt to save her, but Kai and Gonzalez took her out, too.
- El Hijo del Fantasma and Drake Maverick are in the ring for a promo. Maverick congratulated him, but suggested that he could also beat him for the title if he were to give him an opportunity. The two masked men came out and Fantasma turned on Maverick, aligning himself with them, who turned out to be Raul Mendoza and Joaquin Wilde. Fantasma took off his mask, called himself Santos Escobar and said nobody can stop him.
- Adam Cole defeated Dexter Lumis defeated by pinfall. Velveteen Dream helped Lumis take out The Undisputed ERA after the match. Roderick Strong and Bobby Fish ran off with Lumis and Dream, leaving Cole in the ring by himself. The lights went dim and Scarlett appeared on the stage. She brought out an hourglass and flipped it over as a message to Cole that Karrion Kross is coming for the title and Cole’s time is up.
WWE MAIN EVENT
- Liv Morgan defeated Natalya by pinfall.
- Shelton Benjamin defeated Shane Thorne by pinfall.
WWE FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Sheamus wanted Jeff Hardy to pass a urine test before their match at Backlash. Hardy did pass, but not before he threw the container of piss in Sheamus’s face.
- Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura beat The New Day by pinfall.
- AJ Styles won the Intercontinental Championship by beating Daniel Bryan by pinfall.
- Bayley and Sasha Banks held a celebration for being the new tag team champions. Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross came out to break it up. The IIconics popped up on the TitanTron and reminded everyone how they’ve beaten them recently. The segment ended with Bliss and Cross knocking Banks and Bayley out of the ring.
- Braun Strowman and Heavy Machinery defeated Dolph Ziggler, The Miz and John Morrison by pinfall.
WWE 205 LIVE
- Ever-Rise defeated Leon Ruff and Adrian Alanis by pinfall.
- Isaiah “Swerve” Scott, Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch defeated Gentleman Jack Gallagher, Tehuti Miles and Tony Nese by pinfall.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!