WWE has officially announced that Money In The Bank 2023, which took place at the O2 Arena in London, England this past Saturday, became the most-successful and highest-grossing Money In The Bank of all-time.
The pay-per-view event set a new record for the highest-grossing arena event in WWE history and Friday Night SmackDown from the O2 Arena became the highest-grossing SmackDown of all-time. Combined, the weekend generated more than $5.4 million.
Furthermore, Money In The Bank 2023 also set new records for viewership, sponsorship, merchandise, and social media. You can check out some of the statistics below:
- Viewership jumped 17 percent from last year’s record, and surpassed the last U.K. premium live event – Clash at the Castle – by 30 percent.
- Sponsorship revenue was up nine percent versus the record set in 2022.
- MITB marked the highest-grossing arena event for venue merchandise in WWE history.
- MITB set a new record for On Location fan experience packages, becoming the highest-grossing non-WrestleMania event ever.
- The event became the most social Money In The Bank of all-time, with video views of the Bloodline Civil War match reaching 40 million in the first 48 hours –a 4X jump from the top clip at Night of Champions, Jimmy Uso super-kicking Roman Reigns.